Comic for March 18th, 2017

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Phaing
Master

Re: Comic for March 18th, 2017

#31 Post by Phaing »

MoonSticks wrote:Interesting... Lynn is such a stick in the mud, must be a Virgin :?
Impotent, actually.
The inevitable result of being immersed in the East Bastian for long enough, I'd say.

If there is a society I would like to see crash and burn to the ground, that would be the one.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Jan125
Citizen

#32 Post by Jan125 »

RowanEx wrote: EDIT: Keith's eye whites ( can't spell the word right) means Keith being fully himself, right? I wish that's what it meant.
Whatever they may mean, they scare the devil outta me. ;~:

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#33 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

All this Lynn hate... you guys are being way too hard on him imo.
The way I read it, he *genuinely* "hates to be the one to bring it up", he really does care about Keith, he doesn't *want* to split Keith and Natani up, and he seems to even empathise to an extent about how it is unfair... but it's a fundamental Basitin law, and hence from Lynn's perspective, must be obeyed. He's just doing what he deeply feels is right. Whether or not it *is* right is another matter, but don't be too hard on the guy.

In fact, I reckon that Lynn *does* make a legitimate point that Keith is the Basitin Ambassador, and these privileges don't come without responsibilities and duties. Keith *is* responsible for representing the Basitins to the rest of the world.
Look guys, I want me some Keith x Natani love as much as the rest of you, I'm just pointing out that I understand and empathise with how Lynn personally *feels* about this issue, and also admit that he does have some legitimate points.
Dadrobit wrote:
Lynn wrote:Unfortunately, for many, what we are is not a choice we make. We're stuck with the cards life has dealt us.
You know, the obvious subtext of that statement being relevant to both Keith and Natani is obvious, but I wonder if Lynn recites that as an affirmation that he himself is not content with his own hand...
Yes, that's precisely how I read it too. Lynn is not only refering to Keith's predicament, but to his own impotence. He didn't choose to be what he is, and if he had a choice he probably would have chose differently, but like a Basitin, he accepts his fate and performs his duty.
Niara wrote:Wouldn't this have been the perfect opportunity for Keith to point out that, due to extreme Basitin conservative nature around intimate areas, their bylaws don't actually have a formal, legal 'definition' for sex and gender, because it's taken to be a given and understood... And that as such, No laws are being broken because, by the definitions under which they are currently operating, Keith and Natani are both male?
Realistically, I would imagine that since there is some uncertainty as to Natani's sex/gender according to the Basitin system, they would err on the side of caution and not let Keith and him share a room anyway.

RowanEx
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#34 Post by RowanEx »

Let's talk out-universe.

Did Tom paint that Basitin Island?
~~~()~~~
Rowan Ex

furcode: FFfm2adfrw A C- D H++ M- P R+ T+++ W Z- Sm RLU a- clmn++ d- e- f+ h+ iwf++ j++ p- sm-

Loveknowsbest
Citizen

#35 Post by Loveknowsbest »

I'm not mad at Lynn I'll say he doing his job. As for the possible consequences that Lynn could do I don't think Keith cares about. We know that Keith is willing (like his father) to make a sacrifice for those he cares about. Whether being forced never to come back. So That's why Lynn never threatens him with that because he could have. His relationship with the Basitin are like this statement: We forgive you for your actions as long as you obey are laws and decrees that is all. Like the military they never issue an apology. There are always loopholes in laws especially military styled ones.

Loveknowsbest
Citizen

#36 Post by Loveknowsbest »

Sorry just thought of something. There's a fact we all overlooked here. They're prisoners here. Both of there ranks mean nothing. Who is he representing to himself and the group? He not in town or city among people what does the law have residents here? But I guess since there treated as guests instead of prisoners I see why? But still if they can't leave then technically they are.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#37 Post by CrRAR »

amenon wrote:
CrRAR wrote:
amenon wrote:For some reason I really like Natani's meandering in the background here. And the cloak being too short is a really cute detail.
It is both quite spectacularly poignant and amusing at the same time, isn't it? :squirrel:
And look at those ankles. Panel 4 is practically a basitin centerfold :P
Haa. It is quite saucy isn't it? Even more-so alluringly garbed in Keith's chivalrously provided cape. :grin:

Take the dialog into account and Tom's playing some intensely artistic 4D-chess.

amenon wrote:On the discussion of whether Keith and Natani are in a place to admit that they're in a relationship: I think they are, actually. In a way, that's exactly what this is about. I think at this moment, if you pushed either of them, as Lynn is here pushing Keith, you'd end up with 'screw you, I'm with him.' And if there were excuses -- Keith has a few here -- if you called them on it, that wouldn't change anything.

Maybe they don't know anything much past that for sure, but they know how much they matter to each other. They know that letting the other go is a mistake they don't want to make. (So as is life, they'll make other mistakes :P)
Yeah this is totally going to force discussion of the elephant in-the-room (bonus-points for an actual random elephant, stuffed or otherwise, in Keith & Natani's room). XD

Keith, I have no doubt would be publicly ready to admit his commitment, I think that him skirting the issue is only out of regard for Natani's predicament. It's hinging on Natani's comfort with the relationship and really, his self. Natani, in the aftermath of the docks scene, still is unsure somewhat and reticent on some things. Keith doesn't want to publicly make that declaration out of respect for Natani. That would make Keith appear somewhat disrespectful of Natani's disposition and, frankly, somewhat of a creep from Natani's point of view.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Rafe
Council Member

#38 Post by Rafe »

One thing has developed here. Both Keith and Natani have had to realize how it would feel to lose each other. Keith very nearly had to face Natani dying. Natani was taken not only from Keith but from Zen (and ended up meeting her earlier self). They finally get back together, and in this fairly ordinary situation they realize they might be separated. Suddenly they realize how painful it would be to be apart, and what's more they both instantly know how the other feels.

It's obviously hit them both that they don't want to live without each other. If they had any doubts before, they're probably gone now. Keith seems pretty sure of himself with the way he's dealing with this situation. He might understand Lynn's concerns, but Natani obviously means a lot more to him, and he's sure of it now.

And maybe it's because we've seen Keith's eyes in their expressive white-sclera mode a lot in the last few pages, but both Keith and Natani seem to be a lot more emotionally intense lately. Lots of unsaid things seem to be coming through in the artwork. I guess we'll see if any of it comes out in the open.

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#39 Post by NiWo21k »

Rafe wrote:One thing has developed here. Both Keith and Natani have had to realize how it would feel to lose each other.
This had to come at some point :wink:

But i have to agree what you say.

Both of them went trough so much (even if we didnt see everything what happened with Natani) and only through the way they nearly lost each other through the story strenghten their bond even more. And i think also that they were able to speak so openly with each other has also something to do with it, because for me they always seen themself like some outcast in some form.
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#40 Post by Cyon »

CrRAR wrote:
amenon wrote:On the discussion of whether Keith and Natani are in a place to admit that they're in a relationship: I think they are, actually. In a way, that's exactly what this is about. I think at this moment, if you pushed either of them, as Lynn is here pushing Keith, you'd end up with 'screw you, I'm with him.' And if there were excuses -- Keith has a few here -- if you called them on it, that wouldn't change anything.

Maybe they don't know anything much past that for sure, but they know how much they matter to each other. They know that letting the other go is a mistake they don't want to make. (So as is life, they'll make other mistakes :P)
Yeah this is totally going to force discussion of the elephant in-the-room (bonus-points for an actual random elephant, stuffed or otherwise, in Keith & Natani's room). XD

Keith, I have no doubt would be publicly ready to admit his commitment, I think that him skirting the issue is only out of regard for Natani's predicament. It's hinging on Natani's comfort with the relationship and really, his self. Natani, in the aftermath of the docks scene, still is unsure somewhat and reticent on some things. Keith doesn't want to publicly make that declaration out of respect for Natani. That would make Keith appear somewhat disrespectful of Natani's disposition and, frankly, somewhat of a creep from Natani's point of view.
I wouldn't say that it would make him seem creepy: they both know that they have some sort of feelings for one another inside. Right now they're sort of waiting and hoping for it to all fit into place without either of them having to profess their love openly. It's a waiting game that both of them seem willing to play, even though they want otherwise.

I don't see it going anywhere unless Keith or Natani are willing to take the plunge
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#41 Post by Schrodinger »

I Love this thread already. It really does show how much Tom has improved as an artist when we can have discussions on the subtleties of how the characters react to each other.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

xellos
Traveler

#42 Post by xellos »

Cyon wrote: It's a waiting game that both of them seem willing to play, even though they want otherwise.
I'm not really sure if they actually ARE still willing to play the waiting game. They might not be ready to publicly say "i love him" about one another, but they've been slowly moving towards a defined relationship. It's just that they've mostly talked about and done things in private so far, and I don't think they've really figured out what they are to one another. I'd guess they'll take another step or two in the right direction once they're alone, assuming Lynn and Maddie don't get in the way

Warrl
Grand Templar

#43 Post by Warrl »

I'd add (except I think someone already said something similar) that a lot has happened quite recently, and they haven't had much chance to discuss it, so it's entirely possible that each of them is ready to go public but isn't certain that the other one is similarly ready.

coolbreeze88

#44 Post by coolbreeze88 »

pretty much sums up these recent pages>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go5wle3_G5k hoooo hoooo.

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#45 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Wow. Seems Keith has been friends with Alaric long enough that he's managed to acquire a certain degree of skill in finding easily-exploitable loopholes in Basitin laws. I mean, it's just crazy how he heard Roselyn use the word "adjoining" once and instantly recognize that one room split by a wall and a door is "technically two rooms," thus being exempt from the gender-separation laws.

Only question is, when did that happen? Those two didn't really have enough (best term I can find here) "screen time" in the present day to allow Alaric to teach Keith how to perform a high-speed loophole search, and I get the feeling that he gained that skill after Keith's banishment, considering the fact that he primarily developed and used that talent as part of his quest for vengeance against General Alabaster and his manipulation of the law and hasty selection of punishment for what was actually nothing but a simple act of self-defense. So how could Keith have been so skillful with finding that loophole when it's obviously so unlikely that he learned from his best friend (who was the absolute best at exploitive counter-manipulation) when Nick clearly died without being able to help Keith develop the same talent he had?
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."