Need help locating a page or two...

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Need help locating a page or two...

#1 Post by Jonesy »

First of all, some context. I've returned to university, and have started a degree in creative and professional writing. One of our first assignments is to do an essay about one of several one-word topics provided. We've got quite a bit of leeway with interpretation, so I chose 'magic' and am doing an essay arguing that magic needs a set of laws dictating its use in a setting in order to be a believable part of it. I'm using a couple of examples, with TwoKinds being one of them. Specifically, I'm looking at the effect that the different species' biological laws has on magic, and the subsequent impact on the setting. But since this is an essay, I need to provide references.

I've already found what I needed about the Basitin, plus a page depicting use of a mana tower. However, I still need where it's explained that Keidran can only use mana crystals, as the wiki doesn't provide a source. It'd also be nice to have a page about how humans can also use mana crystals, as well as draw mana from the surrounding environment. So, would anyone have any ideas as to specific pages where this information is established? Or, at the very least, what part of the story I can narrow my search down to?

Thanks in advance!

RowanEx
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

Re: Need help locating a page or two...

#2 Post by RowanEx »

You can start by looking over through amenon's site: http://2ks.wogcodex.com/

Also, there's also Trace's entry about magic. And also, Dragons in this universe are made of magic, apparently.
~~~()~~~
Rowan Ex

furcode: FFfm2adfrw A C- D H++ M- P R+ T+++ W Z- Sm RLU a- clmn++ d- e- f+ h+ iwf++ j++ p- sm-

Jonesy
Templar Master

#3 Post by Jonesy »

RowanEx wrote:You can start by looking over through amenon's site: http://2ks.wogcodex.com/

Also, there's also Trace's entry about magic. And also, Dragons in this universe are made of magic, apparently.
Excellent, that's just what I needed. Managed to find the suitable pages. Thank you very much.

amenon
Grand Templar

#4 Post by amenon »

So that's asked and answered, but relevant to the topic of your essay: Sanderson's Laws of magic. (Second and third law are linked at the bottom.)
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Jonesy
Templar Master

#5 Post by Jonesy »

amenon wrote:So that's asked and answered, but relevant to the topic of your essay: Sanderson's Laws of magic. (Second and third law are linked at the bottom.)
I did come across that earlier, but I'm already up against the wordcount with the examples I have. After all, it's the first assignment of a first semester unit, so it's not going to be anything too hardcore. But thanks anyway.