Theory about Mrs. Nibbly.

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Deaththekat
Merchant

Theory about Mrs. Nibbly.

#1 Post by Deaththekat »

So excuse me, Im slightly high and sleep deprived, but I was thinking about Mrs. Nibbly.

I currently have two theories.

1.) Shes a dragon having transformed like Lady Nora is fond of doing. Why has she chosen group B to accompany? I dont know, maybe Sythes cute butt? But I await the day she returns to her original form and freaks everyone out

2.) A theory I support slightly less but is definately more sinister, she is an avatar of the Master Seer like the cat Nora... Distracted.

Thoughts? Countertheories? Let us discuss
The one and only Ottershark!
Resident stoner/metalhead.
It took me 4 years, 8 months, 23 days, 4 hours, and 30 minutes to post 100 times

amenon
Grand Templar

Re: Theory about Mrs. Nibbly.

#2 Post by amenon »

I've long been in the 2) camp, because she showed up soon after the Master Seer became aware of the group while horsing around.

Of course, there's also:
3.) She's a squirrel.

But... what are the odds? :P
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Warrl
Grand Templar

#3 Post by Warrl »

I am thoroughly convinced that she is not just an ordinary wild squirrel. A wild squirrel would fear large animals, particularly predators such as wolves... or wolf-keidran... such as Sythe. She pretty much adopted him on sight.

Of course "not just an ordinary wild squirrel" leaves a LOT of room.

At the low end: she's a PET squirrel, hand-raised by a group of people that included at least one wolf-keidran and probably at least one human and/or basitin, so she associates these tall bipedal things with food and safety.

At the high end: she's an avatar of a Mask.

A bit lower: she's a dragon.

Somewhere in the middle: Master Seer is controlling her.

There are other possibilities.

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#4 Post by NiWo21k »

Deaththekat wrote: 1.) Shes a dragon having transformed like Lady Nora is fond of doing.
This is an idea i thought about, and it could make sense in some way - it musnt be a dragon, could be also a beeing that just love to create some mischief or is just interessted in following and learning. Maybe its also a species we dont know.
Deaththekat wrote: 2.) A theory I support slightly less but is definately more sinister, she is an avatar of the Master Seer like the cat Nora... Distracted.
If i recall, everytime we saw an avatar of the Master Seer the animal had glowing eyes, why would Mrs. Nibbly be the only creature where this isnt the case?

Of course we could also be completly wrong and she is just some Red Hering Tom throws at us, because he has fun teasing us :wink:
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

Deaththekat
Merchant

#5 Post by Deaththekat »

NiWo21k wrote: Of course we could also be completly wrong and she is just some Red Hering Toms throws at us, because he has fun teasing us :wink:

He is sadistic like that
It took me 4 years, 8 months, 23 days, 4 hours, and 30 minutes to post 100 times

Dianae
New Citizen

#6 Post by Dianae »

Theory(s) above Pet Squirrel:

Mrs. Nibbly was:
  1. a magical attempt to forcefully create a new breed of keidran that failed
  2. a curse that turned someone into a squirrel as a punishment.
  3. a squirrel that fell in love with another squirrel that turned out to be someone that has been temporarily a squirrel(like Sword in the Stone)

Deaththekat
Merchant

#7 Post by Deaththekat »

Dianae wrote:Theory(s) above Pet Squirrel:

Mrs. Nibbly was:
  1. a magical attempt to forcefully create a new breed of keidran that failed
  2. a curse that turned someone into a squirrel as a punishment.
  3. a squirrel that fell in love with another squirrel that turned out to be someone that has been temporarily a squirrel(like Sword in the Stone)
Either way. I feel as though she will play a large part as the series continues

LordWeirdo
Traveler

#8 Post by LordWeirdo »

I had originally only thought of her as a secondary foil, but now y'all got me thinking, and now I won't rest until this is resolved...Thanks.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#9 Post by Hayate »

Nibbly is a pure and innocent creature! If she does end up being a puppet of the seer I will be heartbroken! It would be interesting if she was a dragon or something like that though... Lady Nibbly... Princess Nibbly? :squirrel: :nora:
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

HiseyLeSnake
Traveler

#10 Post by HiseyLeSnake »

personally i supported the idea that Mrs. Nibbly is a dragon, but now that Princess Reni has been introduced i find it hard to believe tom would add a cast of 3 female dragons, where are the male dragons? extinct? I don't really support the idea nibbly is just a puppet as i feel we would have gotten a hint to that by now, but its sill possible. Atm shes just a background character with no story to progress. only time will tell.... lots of time ;D

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#11 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

What if Nibbly had once been someone who got in Traces way and then turned into a squirrel by him?
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by kiabugboy »

Or you know, maybe tom just wants an animal sidekick for group B 'ala' disney

Warrl
Grand Templar

#13 Post by Warrl »

HiseyLeSnake wrote:personally i supported the idea that Mrs. Nibbly is a dragon, but now that Princess Reni has been introduced i find it hard to believe tom would add a cast of 3 female dragons, where are the male dragons? extinct?
Obnoxious thought: extreme sexual dimorphism; when we see a male dragon we think it's something rather more ordinary. Like, oh, a squirrel. Such as Mrs. Nibbly.

Problem with that: in that case, Princess Reni would probably not find the guard-captain sexually attractive.

(Of course, there could be somewhat-less-extreme sexual dimorphism, and humans are about the right size. Or there are no male dragons and it's normal for female dragons to mate with other species.)

Shar
Citizen

#14 Post by Shar »

I've been thinking shes an avatar of the seer from the start. it just seems odd even in the Twokinds world for a wild animal to follow a group for no reason with so much interest. Plus, she seems very interested in Sythe, who happens to (Technicly) be keidran royalty. Even if hes been disowned to an extent people have a funny way of blindly following people they think are impotent. They may be keeping tabs on him for that reason. To stop him from trying anything or conversely to use him themselves.

then again, albeit less likely, maybe she just thinks sythe is a really big squirrel. :P

Dianae
New Citizen

#15 Post by Dianae »

Lordadmiral Drake wrote:What if Nibbly had once been someone who got in Traces way and then turned into a squirrel by him?
That's what I was thinking about with my point b.