Moderator: Moderators

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

Re: Comic for February 25th, 2017

#46 Post by MuonNeutrino »

amenon wrote:
yaytime wrote:
MuonNeutrino wrote:It has been brought to my attention that supposedly during the stream of this comic someone asked Tom about the ages of Rose and Euchre and received a response. Does anyone have a log/screenshot/wrote it down/etc? I've been wondering about this for a very long time, and that's only been exacerbated by Rose's reappearance and the recent retcon of the canon lifespan for Keidran possibly increasing. Does anyone know what he said?
Rose 26, Euchre 28, it was said on the Friday stream and i wrote it down.
Incidentally, not impossible ages. (Though seeing Rose obviously aged makes Euchre more suspicious -- but then, we haven't seen Euchre in a long time. Perhaps he does look equally old, and it's just a matter of Tom's art style changing.)
Yup, that was the retcon I was referring to, given how that particular sentence wasn't in the original. (I know you know that, just for anyone else.) I do find it amusing that we have several new pieces of information since the last time this topic was discussed, and yet it's somehow *less* clear now what's actually going on. :grin:

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#47 Post by TinyVoices »

amenon wrote:But it would raise a very big question of 'how the balls was Trace that rich'.
Dragons like collecting shiny stuff. Maybe Nora shared a hoard with him because she liked him. >w>

That's my headcanon, anyway.

amenon
Grand Templar

#48 Post by amenon »

MuonNeutrino wrote:Yup, that was the retcon I was referring to, given how that particular sentence wasn't in the original. (I know you know that, just for anyone else.) I do find it amusing that we have several new pieces of information since the last time this topic was discussed, and yet it's somehow *less* clear now what's actually going on. :grin:
Oof, sorry, I totally flaked on you already bringing that up. Apologies. I shouldn't be making mistakes like that.
TinyVoices wrote:
amenon wrote:But it would raise a very big question of 'how the balls was Trace that rich'.
Dragons like collecting shiny stuff. Maybe Nora shared a hoard with him because she liked him. >w>

That's my headcanon, anyway.
So Trace was Nora's boy toy? :P
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#49 Post by Elemental Templar »

amenon wrote:
Elemental Templar wrote:True to it's name this chapter is all about Reunions of one kind or another. I think that we may be on the verge of a flashback to Trace and Saria's married life here at the estate.
I don't think this is where they lived, considering this is the Duke's place, and Trace wasn't (presumably) the Duke until he went cuckoo.

It's... not impossible though? Nora did mention that it was unusually big. But it would raise a very big question of 'how the balls was Trace that rich'.
As stated by Rose, Saria was the very reason she was chosen as the Seneschal of this estate so it does stand to reason that She and Trace did live here together at one point. As for his wealth, Time for a History Lesson:

The Templar Order in Twokinds is based upon real-life Knights Templar: A fraternal order that worked to protect the common people of England, via fighting in the Crusades the establishment of safe routes for travel and commerce, and forging alliances with neighboring nations. They are also famous for inventing the modern day system of banking; however, a notable practice they had was sharing their wealth. Basically if one or more members of the order came into possession of a treasure of some kind, rather than hoarding it all to themselves, they would share it with their fellow brothers within the order. This was done as a way to help forge the bonds within the order as a whole, as well as prevent any power struggles within their ranks. Now if we can infer that this practice has carried over to the Templar in TK, after Trace was indoctrinated into the Templar order when he was 16, he was given access to the vast wealth they likely possessed.
And for all of you neigh-Sayers who think that even if Trace did have the Templar's wealth at his disposal it wouldn't be that much, if we go back to history the Knights Templar we said to have had (Although not historically confirmed) enough wealth to rival a nation at their peak of existence. They had footholds in politics, commerce, and military within a majority of Europe; all of those resources coupled with their "sharing wealth" philosophy culminates to them essentially being a nation themselves. And seen in-comic the Templar here have all of those traits in common, heck they've taken over minting in the human lands according to page 377, so I think that Trace's wealth in the past was but a small share of the complete wealth of the Templar order, I say small as a relative term as he holds a massive estate , The title of a duke , and a small summer home on the opposite side of the human territory in his name. If he owns all that, just imagine how rich the order is as a whole.

P.S. I'm just now noticing how these Templar's are essentially taken from Assassin's Creed, anyone else?
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

amenon
Grand Templar

#50 Post by amenon »

Elemental Templar wrote:P.S. I'm just now noticing how these Templar's are essentially taken from Assassin's Creed, anyone else?
Twokinds predates Assassin's Creed.

And that about sums up my confidence in the rest of your analysis, really. No. I don't think that's an accurate assessment of the facts as presented.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#51 Post by TinyVoices »

amenon wrote:Twokinds predates Assassin's Creed.
Spoiler!
Holy wow. Here I thought AC was older. Then again, I vaguely remember playing Brotherhood shortly after it came out. But I had figured at that point there had been several years of hiatus between it and its predecessor. Jeez.
amenon wrote:So Trace was Nora's boy toy? :P
Humorously, Heracles comes to mind. :grin:
At the tail end of Heracles' adventures, he momentarily settled down with the queen of some land, where he effectively was her sex slave of his own free will.

But who knows. I don't even remember why the hell Nora came to know Trace to begin with. Just that she helped him court Saria. And I don't think we know how Nora and Trace interacted during his genocide years. So there's a point where it's evident he gained riches at some point, but where exactly I'm not sure. Or even how. I guess that was the original question for all this? S:P

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#52 Post by SirJahar »

amenon wrote:
Elemental Templar wrote:P.S. I'm just now noticing how these Templar's are essentially taken from Assassin's Creed, anyone else?

And that about sums up my confidence in the rest of your analysis, really. No. I don't think that's an accurate assessment of the facts as presented.
Not going to give him the respect of actualy countering them?

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#53 Post by Cyon »

amenon wrote:

Personally, I don't see old Trace as being the type of person to cooperate and share any acquired wealth he might have gained. He'd rather profit off of the system than contribute to it, which makes it hard for me to see similarities between him and the Templar from the crusades (other than the name). As far as I know, there aren't any other civilisations in the TK universe, so who the Templar could have conquered to gain wealth seems unclear.

As for how Trace gained his wealth, it's still vague for me. We know he had "a reputation" for his notoriety against Keidran, so maybe he was involved in a sort of slave trade (as seen in the opening chapter)

Just a few quick ideas, didn't spend much time thinking :/
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#54 Post by Elemental Templar »

amenon wrote:

First Off: I just meant that the Templars in Twokinds resembled the ones from Assassin's Creed, I never meant outright that they were copied over from them.

Second: I do know that Assassin's Creed Predates Twokinds.

Third: I think it's rude that you outright discredit my theory completely because of one comment rather than actually taking time to think about whats presented. I do know that we can't outright assume that every aspect of the actual Knights Templar was copied over into Twokinds but, for some of us who possess a fair bit of knowledge about them and the history behind them, as well as an attention to detail with the ability to infer based on what's presented to us in-comic, we should be allowed to take certain liberties when theorizing.
I mean, that's like insulting the Game Theorists if they try to incorporate real-world physics into one of their videos, or if they reference another game or source of fiction into it.

(Sorry for Ranting in advance, If I get banned or flagged by a moderator I won't hold it against anyone but I felt the need to speak my piece)
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

Ddraig
Templar Master

#55 Post by Ddraig »

Elemental Templar wrote:
amenon wrote:

First Off: I just meant that the Templars in Twokinds resembled the ones from Assassin's Creed, I never meant outright that they were copied over from them.

Second: I do know that Assassin's Creed Predates Twokinds.

Third: I think it's rude that you outright discredit my theory completely because of one comment rather than actually taking time to think about whats presented. I do know that we can't outright assume that every aspect of the actual Knights Templar was copied over into Twokinds but, for some of us who possess a fair bit of knowledge about them and the history behind them, as well as an attention to detail with the ability to infer based on what's presented to us in-comic, we should be allowed to take certain liberties when theorizing.
I mean, that's like insulting the Game Theorists if they try to incorporate real-world physics into one of their videos, or if they reference another game or source of fiction into it.

(Sorry for Ranting in advance, If I get banned or flagged by a moderator I won't hold it against anyone but I felt the need to speak my piece)
To be fair, when you say
You are literally saying that Tom copied the Templars from AC. That there is direct and incontrovertible evidence to the contrary rather effectively renders any further explanation - beyond that evidence - for the disagreement with your apparent position in that first post extraneous and unnecessary.

To answer your later post: They are based on the same source material. Of course they're going to be similar.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#56 Post by SirJahar »

Wrll as time went on and AC lore was further established Tom may have started to pull more from AC lore as well to act as a polish to what he had made.

Lightice
Citizen

#57 Post by Lightice »

SirJahar wrote:Wrll as time went on and AC lore was further established Tom may have started to pull more from AC lore as well to act as a polish to what he had made.
I barely see any resemblance between Twokinds' Templars and Assassin's Creed Templars. The former mostly follow the D&D mold of magical knights, while the latter are an ancient conspiracy bent on taking over the world and reshaping humanity to their liking. Compared to their lofty goals, the Twokinds Templars are just racist and power hungry.

We really haven't seen much of the Twokinds Templars from within, but what little we have really doesn't resemble Assassin's Creed beyond the most superficial similarities.