Comic for February 16, 2017

#1 Post by RowanEx »

Wow, what a punch.

I mean, he punched back.
Spoiler!
Clueless Natani is best Natani.
~~~()~~~
Rowan Ex

furcode: FFfm2adfrw A C- D H++ M- P R+ T+++ W Z- Sm RLU a- clmn++ d- e- f+ h+ iwf++ j++ p- sm-

Hayate
The Hidden User

Re: Comic for February 16, 2017

#2 Post by Hayate »

Hahaha, I was hoping that's how that fight was gonna be resolved xD
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#3 Post by Vintage »

Keith...laughing!? Impossible!
Stupid sexy Keith :nora:

It definitely is good to see spirits up again. Natani and Flora also look comfortable in their cloaks.
Spoiler!
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#4 Post by CrRAR »

Oh man. Let's just hope Trace does not unlock the secret of the chin-diddle.

Flora and Natani might not even have to bother unpacking their things. XD
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#5 Post by FrogSteaks »

Damn, when was the last time we saw Keith smiling, let alone laughing? It's a nice change of pace. :)
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

RowanEx
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#6 Post by RowanEx »

Where did they come from? I didn't see them in the previous shot. Stayed in the carriage for the moment?

nobody noticed that fact?
~~~()~~~
Rowan Ex

furcode: FFfm2adfrw A C- D H++ M- P R+ T+++ W Z- Sm RLU a- clmn++ d- e- f+ h+ iwf++ j++ p- sm-

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#7 Post by Schrodinger »

Trace knows Basitins well enough to understand that face punching is the Basitin way.

And it's camaraderie, Tom
What was it the spider said to the fly...

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by SpottedKitty »

<snrk> Got to laugh at the look on Natani's face. He really ought to learn a bit more Human language, the "what did I miss" gag is still fun, but now that Group A's going to be set in one (hopefully) peaceful place for a little while, maybe Keith will have time for a few lessons.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#9 Post by MuonNeutrino »

I like this page. With how much everyone tends to focus on Keith and *Natani*, it's easy to forget sometimes that Keith is Trace and Flora's friend too.

And so, having acknowledged that, being me I'm going to immediately turn around and comment on how much I appreciate Natani's amusing-as-ever clueless face. And he has a point - when was the last time we saw Keith laugh? I actually can't think of one, off the top of my head. Maybe sometime on the island with Alaric? I suppose it might have happened sometime before that too, but I can't recall any occurrences now. Has it actually ever happened?

And something that I've been wondering about, especially with Natani standing right next to Flora like that - Trace and Flora were the only two who weren't actually present for this scene on the docks. They showed up soon after, but they didn't hear Natani's explanation. However, Natani is still going around with his vest unbuckled, and I highly doubt he has his scent disguise spell in effect, so it wouldn't have been hard at all for Trace or (especially) Flora to have noticed certain... oddities. :oops: So what will *they* make of that whole situation? Especially Flora, who not only already thinks that Keith and Natani are in some sort of relationship, but that it's even more serious than it actually is? I'm not too surprised that neither of them has brought it up yet as there hasn't been any opportunity, but I do wonder how they'll react.
RowanEx wrote:Where did they come from? I didn't see them in the previous shot. Stayed in the carriage for the moment?

nobody noticed that fact?
Well, in the first panel of the previous comic, we can see that various people are walking into the mansion behind Trace and Flora. We only happen to see Reed, Reni, and Maddie in this particular wide shot, but we know Keith has to be there somewhere because he participates in the conversation in panel 3. So, he at least is out of his carriage and with the group - presumably, he must simply have been farther back in the line so that he was still outside the doors (and so out of view) in panel 1. And if Keith is there, I see no reason to assume that Natani wasn't also there with him. So my bet is simply 'didn't happen to be visible in the wide shot'.

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#10 Post by NiWo21k »

This had to happen at some point in the future, but didnt think it would be this soon.

Love Natanis "WTF"-Face in the last two panels - always there but never understanding whats going on - poot Natani :D
And didnt Flora said the same on the ship when Natani and Keith were "training" - she has to get used to these things.... :wink:
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

Rafe
Council Member

#11 Post by Rafe »

Not only is Keith laughing in this scene, but once again, we can see his eyeballs (twice!) I approve of this recent development. It does make Keith a lot more expressive when we can see his eyes.

xamali
Grand Templar

#12 Post by xamali »

hahaha, oh man! I'm glad I caught this page before going to sleep. It really made my heart lighter, and I'm gonna have a peaceful night with that page in mind :nora: :heart:

As some said, it truly is a heart warming change of pace for our fellow basitin, and I do believe he's been needing it dearly. I don't believe it will all be flowers for more than a couple more pages, though, after all, they still have a captive wolf to interrogate.

Besides, I'd place my bet that this is a great moment for Tom to switch back to group B. Just don't know if it will happen now, or after the interrogation.
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

Deaththekat
Merchant

#13 Post by Deaththekat »

Im 80% sure this is the first time weve seen Keith laugh. Am I remembering wrong?
The one and only Ottershark!
Resident stoner/metalhead.
It took me 4 years, 8 months, 23 days, 4 hours, and 30 minutes to post 100 times

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#14 Post by tony1695 »

Also, you gotta remember that Basitins are basically the Orcs of the setting. Shorter and more modest than most examples, true, but they've got the insane constitution to keep going through wounds that would be fatal to the other races. Odds are that it barely hurt him.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Lumino

#15 Post by Lumino »

Martial Artists can only communicate with their fists!