Comic for February 12th, 2017

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Comic for February 12th, 2017

#31 Post by SpottedKitty »

NiWo21k wrote:Also: do we know that they didnt have protection spells aktiv? Because the way i see it, they attacked and this was the only wolf that was caught (at least for the moment). So maybe they protected themself againts some injury.
Looking back at what the fake Templars were saying to each other at the end of the big fight, they did have magical protection, but it was only against a dragon's magical — or fire — attacks. No protection at all against a dragon's whap-upside-the-back-of-the-head attack. :twisted: :roll: :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#32 Post by NiWo21k »

SpottedKitty wrote: Looking back at what the fake Templars were saying to each other at the end of the big fight, they did have magical protection, but it was only against a dragon's magical — or fire — attacks. No protection at all against a dragon's whap-upside-the-back-of-the-head attack. :twisted: :roll: :wink:
Ah, totally forgot that, sorry :oops:
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

trantor
Apprentice

#33 Post by trantor »

NiWo21k wrote:
trantor wrote: She must have mighty healing powers, because the guard for sure wasn t only unconcius.
Reni hit him really hard and he was smashed onto the ground from a high wall. That should be letal for a normal wolf.
If thats the case (dragons who might have the power of resurrection in a way) then it would bother me a little bit (because it would bring some story problems with it) :?

Something that might also be:
She hit him hard in a way she knew that it wouldnt kill him but just injure him enough to knock him out and heal him. Also: do we know that they didnt have protection spells aktiv? Because the way i see it, they attacked and this was the only wolf that was caught (at least for the moment). So maybe they protected themself againts some injury.

But maybe i am just overthinking it to much - i am normaly way off from whats realy going on :wink:
Maybe the wolf just had luck that he didn't die instant as he slamed into the ground, so Reni had some time to get some healspells working - or maybe she used a physical protection spell AFTER she hit him and BEFORE he hit the ground. In every case a tricky thing.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#34 Post by MuonNeutrino »

NiWo21k wrote:
trantor wrote: She must have mighty healing powers, because the guard for sure wasn t only unconcius.
Reni hit him really hard and he was smashed onto the ground from a high wall. That should be letal for a normal wolf.
If thats the case (dragons who might have the power of resurrection in a way) then it would bother me a little bit (because it would bring some story problems with it) :?

She hit him hard in a way she knew that it wouldnt kill him but just injure him enough to knock him out and heal him. Also: do we know that they didnt have protection spells aktiv? Because the way i see it, they attacked and this was the only wolf that was caught (at least for the moment). So maybe they protected themself againts some injury.

But maybe i am just overthinking it to much - i am normaly way off from whats realy going on :wink:
I'm assuming that it was a combination of her magically healing him, and also intentionally not hitting him as hard as she could have. After all, dragons probably have talons, yet he's not shredded into bloody rags. If it was more akin to a (dragon-scale!) BAT off the wall, then he'd certainly be injured, and quite likely fatally so without intervention, but not necessarily *instantly* dead. So then she just has to fly down there and magically patch him up before he expires, and if Zen can survive getting sworded right through the center of the chest (presumably though healing magic), I don't see why Reni can't heal this wolf. It seems that healing magic in TK is pretty damn strong, perhaps strong enough to save anyone who's not instantly killed? (Of course, then that raises the question of Laura, but perhaps Nora was simply too drained to heal her.)

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#35 Post by Myperson54 »

Lots of character in this new page, very nice. And great work on the new front-end. Still feels like the old two kinds website with a more modern functionality.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

amenon
Grand Templar

#36 Post by amenon »

MuonNeutrino wrote:(Of course, then that raises the question of Laura, but perhaps Nora was simply too drained to heal her.)
Keith's curse is stronger than any dragon magic :P

For Zen -- and Natani! Remember that he took a lot of damage [2010-02-02] and completely shrugged it off -- it's my understanding that their link effectively makes them both a lot harder to kill [2006-04-07], and perhaps means they heal better, too.

Both souls have two anchors, basically. Easier to not go into the light :P
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster

#37 Post by MuonNeutrino »

amenon wrote:For Zen -- and Natani! Remember that he took a lot of damage [2010-02-02] and completely shrugged it off -- it's my understanding that their link effectively makes them both a lot harder to kill [2006-04-07], and perhaps means they heal better, too.

Both souls have two anchors, basically. Easier to not go into the light :P
Only problem there is that was during a period when the link was disrupted (presumably due to the tower explosion) - remember, Zen couldn't feel Natani, even though they can normally sense each other even if one of them is unconscious. I mean, I could see it working out that way, just that particular episode probably can't really be used as evidence.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#38 Post by Warrl »

NiWo21k wrote:
Fortunately for this concern, there's a potentially-huge difference between "lethal" and "instantly lethal". With the former, there's time for a healer to intervene.

amenon
Grand Templar

#39 Post by amenon »

MuonNeutrino wrote:Only problem there is that was during a period when the link was disrupted (presumably due to the tower explosion) - remember, Zen couldn't feel Natani, even though they can normally sense each other even if one of them is unconscious. I mean, I could see it working out that way, just that particular episode probably can't really be used as evidence.
I understand the link a lot less than I used to, after the latest. But... I don't think it can have been disrupted to the same degree as the shackle has, because the effects were so different. Natani didn't even notice anything unusual after he woke up. (Which might suggest that any disruption was over by then... but then why didn't Zen react immediately to him coming back?)

So however it works, I think it's reasonable to think that it was still more or less in effect after the tower explosion, even if there was something wonky with it. And if not, then it wouldn't weigh into Natani surviving, but might still weigh into his speedy recovery / shrugging off the injuries.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Warrl
Grand Templar

#40 Post by Warrl »

amenon wrote:
MuonNeutrino wrote:Only problem there is that was during a period when the link was disrupted (presumably due to the tower explosion) - remember, Zen couldn't feel Natani, even though they can normally sense each other even if one of them is unconscious. I mean, I could see it working out that way, just that particular episode probably can't really be used as evidence.
I understand the link a lot less than I used to, after the latest. But... I don't think it can have been disrupted to the same degree as the shackle has, because the effects were so different. Natani didn't even notice anything unusual after he woke up. (Which might suggest that any disruption was over by then... but then why didn't Zen react immediately to him coming back?)
Difference between "can sense" and "are constantly aware of"?
So however it works, I think it's reasonable to think that it was still more or less in effect after the tower explosion, even if there was something wonky with it. And if not, then it wouldn't weigh into Natani surviving, but might still weigh into his speedy recovery / shrugging off the injuries.
"Something wonky" - it's a magic link, and there was initially no magical energy in Natani's area. The condition of "no magical energy" would not last long but would be followed by a period of "almost no magical energy" and even that might be sufficient for the link.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster

#41 Post by MuonNeutrino »

amenon wrote:

Yeah, we don't really know as much about the link as we used to think we did. After Nat collapsed on the boat, but before all the latest, my personal assumption was that part of the reason Natani stayed out after the tower explosion was *because* the link was down. I figured that the link came back right before this comic, that that was part of allowing him to wake up, and that it simply took Zen a couple minutes to notice (perhaps because he was busy with something or didn't happen to be concentrating on it at the moment).

Problem with that is that here and here both Nat and Zen *instantly* noticed the moment the link even partially flickered back on for a moment. One might argue, though, that it was because Zen was in the process of trying to shout to Natani - therefore, he noticed because he was concentrating on the link, and Natani noticed because, well, Zen was shouting at him?

And, of course, now that we know that Natani *can* be up and around even without the link, who the hell knows? Honestly these days I'm not sure we can say anything other than that we just don't really know how it all works. :?

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#42 Post by BadJoke »

Yay a prisoner! Time for some draconic mind rape! (gulp)

PS: dear Reni, if while you guard the cute terrorist prisoner, some templar, wolf, or anything a tiny bitty suspicious asks to question him himself, to approach him or offers any help... don't let him. Chances are he's about to make sure the prisoner will tell no tale.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

trantor
Apprentice

#43 Post by trantor »

MuonNeutrino wrote:
NiWo21k wrote:

I'm assuming that it was a combination of her magically healing him, and also intentionally not hitting him as hard as she could have. After all, dragons probably have talons, yet he's not shredded into bloody rags. If it was more akin to a (dragon-scale!) BAT off the wall, then he'd certainly be injured, and quite likely fatally so without intervention, but not necessarily *instantly* dead. So then she just has to fly down there and magically patch him up before he expires, and if Zen can survive getting sworded right through the center of the chest (presumably though healing magic), I don't see why Reni can't heal this wolf. It seems that healing magic in TK is pretty damn strong, perhaps strong enough to save anyone who's not instantly killed? (Of course, then that raises the question of Laura, but perhaps Nora was simply too drained to heal her.)
Yes...that was my intention what I called him just lucky that he survived long enough for some healing spells. It looks like she hit the wolf really hard, because she also rip a big piece out of the wall http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/922/
What is only normal, because she didn't know at that time if the fight had go one against the other members of the pack, she had to be save that the first one is out of the game.

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#44 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Lights off!
:heart: *click* :heart:

Thanks, Turaiel, for all your hard work on the TwoKinds website and making it look wonderful. :D
Elemental Templar wrote:Huge props to Turaiel for the amazing work, it looks great. And with the transcriptions, it kinda reminds me of another webcomic I like called Gaia.
Sandra and Woo is set up the same way with the transcriptions, but of course, it is also done by the same authors of Gaia. Yes, Gaia can be hard to follow at times...about as much as trying to pronounce 'Seeoahtlahmakaskay' correctly. :wink:
Videre videnda.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#45 Post by Ddraig »

NiWo21k wrote:
Dadrobit wrote:First off, yay, the adorable wolf is back! Can't wait to see him shipped with the lieutenant; they're gonna be so cute together!
I just had to think back at the sketch.

Reed: you are a bad wolf!
Wolf: yes i am. Please more behind the ear :heart:

Sorry i know this was silly :wink:
Spoiler!
Looks like the... well 'dehumanizing' doesn't really apply in this case, but close enough. Looks like the dehumanizing by the Edinmire Guard of the wolves isn't limited to Kei

Also, I really rather like the 'Lights off' option
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."