Comic for February 12th, 2017

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Deaththekat
Merchant

Re: Comic for February 12th, 2017

#16 Post by Deaththekat »

Vintage wrote: Also, what exactly was she keeping that wolf in?
Hammer space- obviously. This is twokinds, but its not unrealistic
The one and only Ottershark!
Resident stoner/metalhead.
It took me 4 years, 8 months, 23 days, 4 hours, and 30 minutes to post 100 times

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#17 Post by Dadrobit »

First off, yay, the adorable wolf is back! Can't wait to see him shipped with the lieutenant; they're gonna be so cute together!

And second, I'm kinda surprised to see Maddie only walking next to Reni. One would expect her to be riding atop no? :mrgrin:
Tom wrote: up-scaled saddle bags
I choose to believe that this was a very cleverly disguised pun. :mrgrin:

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#18 Post by CrRAR »

Heh. This brings whole new dimension to all those "He/she had it the whole time, I swear!" moments. They really did now, didn't they. XD

Great page. The site update is great! Interesting feature the Lights On/Off is, huh? Anyone notice the butterflies alternate between day/night now? I'm wondering if this feature will become useful in discovering other things soon enough. :3
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Meribah
Citizen

#19 Post by Meribah »

Don't get your knickers in a knot, Lt. Reed! You're in the home of the grand high poobah himself, so behave yourself. Even if there is a new Grand Templar, me thinks he's just a temp, who probably wasn't meant to replace Trace Legacy, seeing how powerful he is and all. I'm guessing might makes right in this world!
In other news, I like the "plop" sound of the wolf captive being dropped on the floor. Nice touch. lol

Warrl
Grand Templar

#20 Post by Warrl »

amenon wrote:This is a world where a sword through the chest isn't instantly fatal even when you don't have a dragon on hand
In the real world a sword through the chest isn't instantly fatal... depending on precisely where in the chest it goes.

However, if not instantly fatal it's likely to seriously mess up the ability to breathe. And of course it'll result in a lot of blood loss (even if it misses any MAJOR vessels), and the person can either bleed to death or suffocate because their lungs fill with blood. And if one avoids that fate, when swords were common weapons they could pretty much be relied on to be contaminated with various unpleasant bacteria, and medical care was possibly even more dangerous than battle...
Meribah wrote:Don't get your knickers in a knot, Lt. Reed! You're in the home of the grand high poobah himself, so behave yourself. Even if there is a new Grand Templar, me thinks he's just a temp, who probably wasn't meant to replace Trace Legacy, seeing how powerful he is and all.
Besides which, this isn't the Grand Templar's palace, it's the local Duke's palace. Trace Legacy, in addition to being the (possibly/arguably former) Grand Templar, is also, separately, said Duke.

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#21 Post by Cosmacelf »

Well we know Lady Nora can heal humans because she healed Laura's external wounds after the tower explosion, so it stands to reason that Reni can make sure a wolf is knocked unconscious without killing him.

Was it Reni who said "seven"? Why did she answer her own rhetorical statement?

And where's Natani and the rest? Just bringing up the rear?

Ddraig
Templar Master

#22 Post by Ddraig »

Hayate wrote:
Tom wrote:
Vintage wrote:Also, what exactly was she keeping that wolf in?
Reni has messenger bags on either side of her waist that are bigger on the inside. (They're technically up-scaled saddle bags, but she gets flustered when people call them that.)
I was gonna ask the same thing xD. I couldn't figure out where she was hiding him, but that makes sense!
Reni's had the bags for a bit now, though they haven't been visible in a while. Still took me a second to remember them, though
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Cosmacelf wrote:Was it Reni who said "seven"? Why did she answer her own rhetorical statement?

And where's Natani and the rest? Just bringing up the rear?
@"...seven": Reni does have a tendency to accidentally say things that run through the back of her mind
As for the rest, I suspect they are

amenon wrote:
Tom wrote:
Vintage wrote:Also, what exactly was she keeping that wolf in?
Reni has messenger bags on either side of her waist that are bigger on the inside. (They're technically up-scaled saddle bags, but she gets flustered when people call them that.)
... somebody's going to end up finding Natani's boobs in there one day, aren't they :P
There's always the daily sketch suggestions!
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#23 Post by CrRAR »

Cosmacelf wrote:Was it Reni who said "seven"? Why did she answer her own rhetorical statement?
I personally choose to believe it's because she's just a bit of a dork like that. Haha :P
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#24 Post by Elemental Templar »

Nice that the group gets to finally settle down after such an "Eventful" day. I'm hoping that this also means that we'll get a cut to group B sometime soon.

As for the Site: Huge props to Turaiel for the amazing work, it looks great. And with the transcriptions, it kinda reminds me of another webcomic I like called Gaia.
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#25 Post by SpottedKitty »

Ddraig wrote:
amenon wrote:... somebody's going to end up finding Natani's boobs in there one day, aren't they :P
There's always the daily sketch suggestions!
<snrk>

Mental image: Reni reaches into one of her bags, Natani goes "woof!" and all his fur stands on end... :twisted: :roll: :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#26 Post by Cosmacelf »

Elemental Templar wrote:And with the transcriptions, it kinda reminds me of another webcomic I like called Gaia.
I read Gaia as well, but is it just me, or is hard to follow? Maybe I need to read it from the beginning again.

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#27 Post by NiWo21k »

Dadrobit wrote:First off, yay, the adorable wolf is back! Can't wait to see him shipped with the lieutenant; they're gonna be so cute together!
I just had to think back at the sketch.

Reed: you are a bad wolf!
Wolf: yes i am. Please more behind the ear :heart:

Sorry i know this was silly :wink:
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

Aurora
Citizen

#28 Post by Aurora »

At least one prisoner, ... one we know for a fact is involved what the hot mess that happened in town. That ought to keep Reed happy, ...
since she's so adamant that someone be in the dungeon.

(BTW, like the new "Lights On / Lights Off" on the main page. ... I think I'll keep them "off". I like the look of the page like that.)

trantor
Apprentice

#29 Post by trantor »

NiWo21k wrote:
Rafe wrote:When asked if he was still alive, Reni's reply was, "I made sure of it". So Reni apparently has some very interesting powers over life and death. It's one thing to try not to kill someone, or to care for them in some way to try to keep them alive, but saying "I made sure of it" sounds like she has some very great powers indeed.
Couldnt it mean in this case maybe that she took care that not the guards or villagers would try to take him out while he was unconscious?

Just an guess, but your idea is also something that would make sense.
She must have mighty healing powers, because the guard for sure wasn t only unconcius.
Reni hit him really hard and he was smashed onto the ground from a high wall. That should be letal for a normal wolf.

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#30 Post by NiWo21k »

trantor wrote: She must have mighty healing powers, because the guard for sure wasn t only unconcius.
Reni hit him really hard and he was smashed onto the ground from a high wall. That should be letal for a normal wolf.
If thats the case (dragons who might have the power of resurrection in a way) then it would bother me a little bit (because it would bring some story problems with it) :?

Something that might also be:
She hit him hard in a way she knew that it wouldnt kill him but just injure him enough to knock him out and heal him. Also: do we know that they didnt have protection spells aktiv? Because the way i see it, they attacked and this was the only wolf that was caught (at least for the moment). So maybe they protected themself againts some injury.

But maybe i am just overthinking it to much - i am normaly way off from whats realy going on :wink:
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin