Moderator: Moderators

Kyrit
Templar

Re: Comic for February 12th, 2017

#46 Post by Kyrit »

trantor wrote:
MuonNeutrino wrote:
NiWo21k wrote:
trantor wrote: She must have mighty healing powers, because the guard for sure wasn t only unconcius.
Reni hit him really hard and he was smashed onto the ground from a high wall. That should be letal for a normal wolf.
If thats the case (dragons who might have the power of resurrection in a way) then it would bother me a little bit (because it would bring some story problems with it) :?

Something that might also be:
She hit him hard in a way she knew that it wouldnt kill him but just injure him enough to knock him out and heal him. Also: do we know that they didnt have protection spells aktiv? Because the way i see it, they attacked and this was the only wolf that was caught (at least for the moment). So maybe they protected themself againts some injury.

But maybe i am just overthinking it to much - i am normaly way off from whats realy going on :wink:
I'm assuming that it was a combination of her magically healing him, and also intentionally not hitting him as hard as she could have. After all, dragons probably have talons, yet he's not shredded into bloody rags. If it was more akin to a (dragon-scale!) BAT off the wall, then he'd certainly be injured, and quite likely fatally so without intervention, but not necessarily *instantly* dead. So then she just has to fly down there and magically patch him up before he expires, and if Zen can survive getting sworded right through the center of the chest (presumably though healing magic), I don't see why Reni can't heal this wolf. It seems that healing magic in TK is pretty damn strong, perhaps strong enough to save anyone who's not instantly killed? (Of course, then that raises the question of Laura, but perhaps Nora was simply too drained to heal her.)
Yes...that was my intention what I called him just lucky that he survived long enough for some healing spells. It looks like she hit the wolf really hard, because she also rip a big piece out of the wall http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/922/
What is only normal, because she didn't know at that time if the fight had go one against the other members of the pack, she had to be save that the first one is out of the game.
Actually, thinking about how much of the wall came apart... it could be possible that she didn't even touch him. She just hit the wall, which in turn uprooted him and sent him sailing to the ground. Pretty unlikely, but it's just as good of an assumption as anything without straight up being told by Reni how she "made sure of it".

Rafe
Council Member

#47 Post by Rafe »

Changing focus a bit, I must have missed this phrase the first time around:

Tom thought to italicize it too. Lynn used it too a while back. Something vague and comforting about it, since it covers a lot of possibilities very neatly. And is also appropriate for Valentines Day.

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#48 Post by NiWo21k »

Kyrit wrote: Actually, thinking about how much of the wall came apart... it could be possible that she didn't even touch him. She just hit the wall, which in turn uprooted him and sent him sailing to the ground. Pretty unlikely, but it's just as good of an assumption as anything without straight up being told by Reni how she "made sure of it".
I think as long we dont get an answer from the ones involved we can only speculate "how" she "made sure of it" - but its interessting so see how many ways there might be.
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

multilis
Citizen

#49 Post by multilis »

NiWo21k wrote:
Kyrit wrote: Actually, thinking about how much of the wall came apart... it could be possible that she didn't even touch him. She just hit the wall, which in turn uprooted him and sent him sailing to the ground. Pretty unlikely, but it's just as good of an assumption as anything without straight up being told by Reni how she "made sure of it".
I think as long we dont get an answer from the ones involved we can only speculate "how" she "made sure of it" - but its interessting so see how many ways there might be.
She entered his dreams disguised as a pretty she-wolf and moaned "I wish there was a big strong magic pack leader to protect me, I am so scared and lonely!". And all of a sudden his thoughts of suicide to protect the packs secret disappeared.

trantor
Apprentice

#50 Post by trantor »

I can t help myself, but Lt. Reed still looks like more as guy for me, not like a girl. :?

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#51 Post by Schrodinger »

trantor wrote:I can t help myself, but Lt. Reed still looks like more as guy for me, not like a girl. :?
Someone pay Tom money to make Lt. Reed a runway model.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#52 Post by tony1695 »

Schrodinger wrote:
trantor wrote:I can t help myself, but Lt. Reed still looks like more as guy for me, not like a girl. :?
Someone pay Tom money to make Lt. Reed a runway model.
Or wearing lingerie. Or a bikini.
And make it so that's what the wolf is dreaming of.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#53 Post by SirJahar »

Sketch suggestion!

ZombieAstronaut
Traveler

#54 Post by ZombieAstronaut »

I bet this wolf dude comes out to be a good guy too.
A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#55 Post by Cosmacelf »

I agree! It took me awhile to figure out Reed was female. Not that it matters!

Btw, Tom, the strip is getting better and better each passing week! Both the storytelling and the art are awesome.

So, this whole fake Templar attack on Edinmire plot was designed to a) implicate the wolves and b) engage Trace into the fight.

I'm not getting the finer points. The Humans and wolves were already at war, so no need to make the wolves look even worse? And now Edinmire is in ruins, so that was quite the heavy price to get Trace involved? And will he get involved? It isn't obvious he wants to.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#56 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Cosmacelf wrote:So, this whole fake Templar attack on Edinmire plot was designed to a) implicate the wolves and b) engage Trace into the fight.

I'm not getting the finer points. The Humans and wolves were already at war, so no need to make the wolves look even worse? And now Edinmire is in ruins, so that was quite the heavy price to get Trace involved? And will he get involved? It isn't obvious he wants to.
I don't think we know yet what the reason(s) for trying to get Trace involved are. But coupled with the unexpected 'let's not enslave felines anymore' thing, it seems fairly clear to me why they want to frame the wolves for the attack - to encourage the tigers to come in on the humans' side, or at least to *not* come in on the wolves' side. I mean, there are ancillary benefits along the lines of further inflaming the attitudes of the human population against wolves and whatnot, but mostly the Templar seem to be looking for military advantage against the wolves here. And some damage to a single town, especially one so far from the front, would be well worth it if it gains them the help of the tigers against the wolves, or even if it simply prevents them from having to fight on a second front *against* the tigers. (Totally apart from whatever ~mysterious plans~ Braun has in mind involving Trace.)

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#57 Post by Cosmacelf »

Got it. I forgot that another effect of the plan was to cement the tiger alliance. That would be worth it.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#58 Post by Hayate »

ZombieAstronaut wrote:I bet this wolf dude comes out to be a good guy too.
I'm not gonna lie, I've been running through ways in my mind that would make sense for him to switch sides and join the team. But the thing is, he was just part of a terrorist attack on innocent people... Maybe it was mind control... Reed needs to pet him... He's a good boy...
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Loveknowsbest
Citizen

#59 Post by Loveknowsbest »

I know how to get the wolf talking. Jedi Mind Trick. U Will tell me what's u know. MWAHAHA!!! :grin: e

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#60 Post by Cyon »

Hayate wrote:
ZombieAstronaut wrote:I bet this wolf dude comes out to be a good guy too.
I'm not gonna lie, I've been running through ways in my mind that would make sense for him to switch sides and join the team. But the thing is, he was just part of a terrorist attack on innocent people... Maybe it was mind control... Reed needs to pet him... He's a good boy...
We know for sure that Clovis lead the attack, so the mind control theory wouldn't be too far-fetched as he has already been seen using telepathy at multiple occasions. If he joined up with Trace and the group, this could be the start of a counter-revolution! ...and we must keep his cute face at all costs.

What'll happen when group B reaches Edinmire though? Sythe ran away from his raiding party and he'll surely get recognized.
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-