Chapter 15 cover.

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

ZombieAstronaut
Traveler

Chapter 15 cover.

#1 Post by ZombieAstronaut »

Why cover art of chapter 15, featuring :keith: and :laura: , was changed from animated .gif to static image? And when can I get this .gif now ?
A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

Re: Chapter 15 cover.

#2 Post by TinyVoices »

I can't say for certain why it was changed to a static image (other than maybe some hypotheses, but I don't really care to ponder on them out loud.)

But you can find the gif on such places as the wikia. I would assume some other archives might have it, but I don't know of any official url right now. ("Official" as in Tom put it there to archive it.) I would wager the gif is still stored someplace official, though...

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#3 Post by The Rookie »

I do hope the issue is only temporary. That image, while depressing, is utterly gut wrenching with the addition of Laura's fade in and out.

Such a moving piece like that deserves to be preserved some where...
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

amenon
Grand Templar

#4 Post by amenon »

The gif is (probably) gone for good from the official archive. Here's another source for it though.

It's a part of Tom overhauling the entire archive to current-day resolution. (Which was really awesome of him!) Apart from the c15 cover, all the substantive changes are pre-2009, where a lot of the pages were replaced with the fixed-up versions from the books. I'm cataloguing the differences -- search needs some love to be fully accurate again -- and I'll probably do a bit of a writeup on it when I'm done. (Hopefully this weekend, but we'll see.)
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by SpottedKitty »

amenon wrote:It's a part of Tom overhauling the entire archive to current-day resolution.
I hadn't heard of this — how much has been done so far?
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

amenon
Grand Templar

#6 Post by amenon »

SpottedKitty wrote:I hadn't heard of this — how much has been done so far?
All of it, as of last night. Chapter 15+ was done about a week ago. (He announced it on stream, but I don't remember which stream.)

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by SpottedKitty »

Excellent! Thanks, I certainly didn't know it was all done already. 8)
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#8 Post by SirJahar »

This also means that the changes to panal order and dialog for the books are now canon, doesn't it?
Well, this actualy undermines a LOT of the longer-term arguments. And while it lets Tom have a set canon, it means the story a lot of us came into this comunity knowing is now invalad.

amenon
Grand Templar

#9 Post by amenon »

SirJahar wrote:This also means that the changes to panal order and dialog for the books are now canon, doesn't it?
Well, this actualy undermines a LOT of the longer-term arguments. And while it lets Tom have a set canon, it means the story a lot of us came into this comunity knowing is now invalad.
Well, all of the pages are still where they were, rather than in the book order. That one scene hasn't been removed, and no pages have been added. Canon has changed for sure, but I'd be pretty surprised if there's any big changes. I'm guessing Trace practicing transformation magic is still going to stay the biggest retcon in Twokinds history.

Anyhoo, here's one way to look at the differences (red = changed) :P
Spoiler!
(It's 25 pages wide, if someone wants to try to index into it to look at a specific page.)

Yeah, I've got a bit of work to do with this. (But note that everything more than a row below the very-red section is just anomalies.)

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#10 Post by SirJahar »

You and I both know that 1) you're not going to listen to me unless I post a 5 page essay, 2) what seems like a small change in a line of dialog can have huge implications as the story progresses (ie Flora being royalty or not).

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by Cyon »

Woah that's a major rework, much larger that I anticipated... Guess rereading will be necessary at some point, but comparing it to the downloaded version I have it seems most of the changes were line-art and shading based (from what I've checked anyways).

Never noticed that the cover was a .gif though. Guess you learn new things everyday!
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

amenon
Grand Templar

#12 Post by amenon »

SirJahar wrote:You and I both know that 1) you're not going to listen to me unless I post a 5 page essay, 2) what seems like a small change in a line of dialog can have huge implications as the story progresses (ie Flora being royalty or not).
Absolutely it can! But Flora being a princess was already not going to pan out in the story, so I think it's good that the incongruity has been removed.

As for anything else, find me something and I'll see if I agree :P
Cyon wrote:Never noticed that the cover was a .gif though. Guess you learn new things everyday!
Psst. Raine has a tail here.

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#13 Post by SirJahar »

Make sure to chrck your old version vs the new. It might takr a few hours, or days. I don't have the old archive, but hopefully the old .zip s are still there, so I can add my efforts and we can re-convene and compare notes

amenon
Grand Templar

#14 Post by amenon »

Yeah, that's the plan, like I said up top. Hopefully this weekend by the 19th, but we'll see how it goes!

Edit: +1 week to schedule, early comic knows how to put up a fight.

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by Cyon »

SirJahar wrote:Make sure to chrck your old version vs the new. It might takr a few hours, or days. I don't have the old archive, but hopefully the old .zip s are still there, so I can add my efforts and we can re-convene and compare notes
I still have the old download if anyone wants it, but you probably already have it.
amenon wrote:
Cyon wrote:Never noticed that the cover was a .gif though. Guess you learn new things everyday!
Psst. Raine has a tail here.
:shock:
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-