Comic Page for February 2nd, 2017

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Diabolicon
Citizen

Re: Comic Page for February 2nd, 2017

#46 Post by Diabolicon »

Ok I know the reasoning, but Reed's reactions to Rose REALLY get on my nerves. Like "Really Reed? You about to draw on an extremely old woman?"(That and using terms like "Wild" and "Domestic" for a sapient life form pi$$ me off anyway.)

Side note. I LOVE Rani's expression on the banner! Kinda "Umm who are all these people and what are those fuzzy images in the distance?"

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#47 Post by SpottedKitty »

NiWo21k wrote:I also first thought about the collar, but the way she speaks doesnt fit like she is under a spell that makes her obedient.
I was thinking that as well; that's close to weapons-grade snark Rose's using there... :wink:

(And now of course we need a Rose emoticon to join the cast to the side of this message window.)
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Murphy

#48 Post by Murphy »

new banner
I must know!
What's written there on Landen's mug?

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#49 Post by BadJoke »

That banner is getting really crowded. It's getting time to "cut" a bit. Martin style. (Just kidding. :grin: )

About the magic extending life thing... I REALLY hope it doesn't exist and will never be. Period. That would ruin the whole bittersweet part to TraceXKeith and KeithXNatani who makes it so romantic and charming in a bittersweet way. In addition to disturbing the equilibrium of the comic's world.
Eric said it was bound to fail and I hope it will stay that way.
And about the maths... Rose must still be in the keidran "old age", not the "too old" (after all she shows clear signs of great age) so it's not that farfetched. While Euchre... it could be interesting to see how him growing weaker too fast (for a human) could set some templars thinking about his true nature.

Epic door is epic.

So Rose doesn't bear any collar. Proof old trace didn't even took seriously the rules HE made. Or that this law is just impossible to apply efficiently (I always saw it as more of a hypocritical law made only to say out loud "we hate keidrans").

Anyway the more I think about her, the more I pity her. Seriously...

- Her beloved cousin left her to die after she looked into his eyes, while she cried for help.
- Closely after she is mind-raped by the old master templar.
- Then she's taken in by Saria (Tom made an old drawing showing this, time ago) and find happiness...
- Until said Saria died murdered by a Keidran.
- And then she had to see the nice blue haired boy she appreciated turn into some cross between Dark Vader and... this https://punchbaby.com/wp-content/upload ... inking.jpg
- While being STUCK WITH HIM.

Finally, she had to spend her old days serving said murderous psycho as he plotted the extermination of her race. Kept alive only because she was a memento of good times, in an atmosphere who had to be toxic in the best days (considering how she talks to him they probably spent their time insulting each other the "passive-aggressive" way, unable to hurt eachother). With a cousin she probably despised for only relative. While being possibly kept at hand as blackmail material against said cousin.

...Anyone wondering why she has lifeless eyes? No need of magic for this. :(
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#50 Post by MuonNeutrino »

BadJoke wrote:About the magic extending life thing... I REALLY hope it doesn't exist and will never be. Period. That would ruin the whole bittersweet part to TraceXKeith and KeithXNatani who makes it so romantic and charming in a bittersweet way. In addition to disturbing the equilibrium of the comic's world.
And about the maths... Rose must still be in the keidran "old age", not the "too old" (after all she shows clear signs of great age) so it's not that farfetched. While Euchre... it could be interesting to see how him growing weaker too fast (for a human) could set some templars thinking about his true nature.
I agree that the fact that keidran lifespans are so short is where the comic gets a big part of its emotional impact. However, I think it's important to note that we don't know how whatever Euchre is doing works. If there's some sort of 'deal with the devil' sort of tradeoffs involved (i.e. it requires dabbling in the masks' machinations or similar), then such a thing could exist with the pathos remaining intact.

There almost has to be *something*, though, because both Euchre and Rose have to be over 25 at this point, which Tom said was the equivalent of a 100+ human. I don't care how good of genes you have, you're not going to have *both* of them still being that vigorous at that age without some sort of funny business going on.
So Rose doesn't bear any collar. Proof old trace didn't even took seriously the rules HE made. Or that this law is just impossible to apply efficiently (I always saw it as more of a hypocritical law made only to say out loud "we hate keidrans").
I think it's more just that the law requires *slaves* to be collared - but not all keidran in human territory are slaves. We know that Adira and Maeve are free keidran, for example. Rose would just be another - she can be a seneschal or even a servant without necessarily having to be a slave.
<poor rose>
Her life's certainly had some down parts, but I think it's important to note that the 'happy with Saria' period *did* cover a good dozen years, so it's not all bad.

And yeah, given her verbal jab at Trace, I could definitely see them having a bit of an adversarial relationship during that period. I wonder how she'll react if/when she realizes that he's back to his old self?

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#51 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Heh, Rose just OWNED Lt. Reed :mrgreen:

Also, love the new banner, and how Reni and Maddie are peeking in :Maddie:

(+1 vote for Reni emoticon, we really need that)
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

amenon
Grand Templar

#52 Post by amenon »

Diabolicon wrote:(That and using terms like "Wild" and "Domestic" for a sapient life form pi$$ me off anyway.)
Pretty sure it's domestic as in 'foreign and domestic.'
MuonNeutrino wrote:
BadJoke wrote:About the magic extending life thing... I REALLY hope it doesn't exist and will never be. Period. That would ruin the whole bittersweet part to TraceXKeith and KeithXNatani who makes it so romantic and charming in a bittersweet way. In addition to disturbing the equilibrium of the comic's world.
I agree that the fact that keidran lifespans are so short is where the comic gets a big part of its emotional impact. However, I think it's important to note that we don't know how whatever Euchre is doing works. If there's some sort of 'deal with the devil' sort of tradeoffs involved (i.e. it requires dabbling in the masks' machinations or similar), then such a thing could exist with the pathos remaining intact.

There almost has to be *something*, though, because both Euchre and Rose have to be over 25 at this point, which Tom said was the equivalent of a 100+ human. I don't care how good of genes you have, you're not going to have *both* of them still being that vigorous at that age without some sort of funny business going on.
It's been in play for so long that it will get examined, guaranteed. The outcomes are anyone's guess, though.
MuonNeutrino wrote:
I think it's more just that the law requires *slaves* to be collared - but not all keidran in human territory are slaves. We know that Adira and Maeve are free keidran, for example. Rose would just be another - she can be a seneschal or even a servant without necessarily having to be a slave.
There's also no need for the spell to be on a collar, or anything visible.
MuonNeutrino wrote:
<poor rose>
Her life's certainly had some down parts, but I think it's important to note that the 'happy with Saria' period *did* cover a good dozen years, so it's not all bad.
You're both so far out on a limb that I doubt you can even see the tree from there :P

We have so few data points that Rose's life could have been anything.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Phaing
Master

#53 Post by Phaing »

Aquaninja101 wrote:This is chill, very unexpected, but very much welcomed. But didn't Trace hate Keidran when he went crazy, isn't it weird for him to have one as a Senechal in his manor?
It does seem odd.... unless they know about his amnesia.

If there are another 30-40 Wolves hiding out here, then we will know.
Meanwhile, I'm just gonna go with it.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#54 Post by Vintage »

Gah! Way late to this thread (;_;)

I'm so excited to see Rose again! She's definitely changed over the years. I wouldn't think that she'd be working for the legacy estate either.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Shar
Citizen

#55 Post by Shar »

I never thought we would see her again.... wow she sure has aged... but then they do age fast. Nice to see so many references appearing :)

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#56 Post by SirJahar »

Rampent speculation in reply to the talk of keidran aging: Trace will find a solution, with the help of their child, after Flora is already gone.

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#57 Post by Cyon »

I'm hoping that won't come too soon, because my guess is that Trace will go mad again trying to revive Flora like he did with Saria but only if their child has the lifespan of a Keidran. No matter what happens though, I think Trace will end up doing some big mistake and have to deal with the consequences.

Trying to stay positive for the time being though!
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

lw123789

#58 Post by lw123789 »

Can't people trully see that it's Euchre in disguise ?

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#59 Post by TinyVoices »

lw123789 wrote:Can't people trully see that it's Euchre in disguise ?
What makes you say that?

Warrl
Grand Templar

#60 Post by Warrl »

AndreRhineDavis wrote:Actually, why *doesn't* Rose have a slave collar on, since they are mandatory by law, and you'd expect Trace's slave(?), more than anyone, to have one.
Tendo wrote:Hmm, come to think of it, when was the last time we saw a Keidran with a slave collar on them at all? This town seems to be a lot friendlier with Keidran in general, or at least the felines, than others.
They are mandatory on slaves. We don't know that Rose is a slave. Adira owns a tavern, so is not a slave and neither is Maeve. If there are slaves among the tiger diplomat group, they are still part of that group and therefore have some degree of exemption from human law (and they'd be slaves of other tigers).

Other than Mike and Evals, it's been a while since we've seen a keidran who is definitely a slave. I presume that those two are no longer slaves - Trace and Eric went off to effect the legal transfer of ownership, and I'm assuming that Trace legally freed them at the same time - but while they were still slaves, they had special dispensation from the Duke/Grand Templar.

---

Another option for Rose is that the mansion itself (or some subset thereof) is her collar - magic is involved, of course - and that's why she can't leave or be taken out of it.