Comic Page for February 2nd, 2017

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Warrl
Grand Templar

Re: Comic Page for February 2nd, 2017

#31 Post by Warrl »

Hayate wrote:
NiWo21k wrote: But like some already said she looks a little bit "lifeless" - or could it be that she is blind?
Maybe, but if she were blind would she really need those glasses?
Actually, NiWo21k was the first in this thread to use the term "lifeless"...

... but it fits in really well with my wildspec.

Which is: Evil!Trace believed that the only good keidran is a dead keidran... and made sure that Rose would be a good keidran before appointing her seneschal. She's haunting the place.

(Incidentally explaining why it would be really hard for the town guard to relocate her.)

Tendo
Master

#32 Post by Tendo »

I have to say, I am surprised by two things:

One, that Roselyn is still alive all this time considering that Euchre is considered unnaturally old for a Keidran and seemed around her age.

And two, that kind of badass boast was completely not the kind of things I woudl have expected her to say, to both Trace and the guard, and with the current circumstances with the wolves.

(I kinda wonder if shes at the estate because Old Trace actually protected her since he seemed to be friends with Euchre and she's Euchre's cousin)

amenon
Grand Templar

#33 Post by amenon »

BadFoMo wrote:Also, we have a new banner.
Twokinds 2017 Header!

That butterfly is of some significance, isn't it?
Well, it's now arguably the pure essence of evil butterfly [2004-01-14], after page 958 [2014-01-19].

But I suspect most of the significance is just that since drawing it [2015-12-24], Tom likes to place it places :P Its most natural habitat appears to be above the colophon of the artbook.
SomeBody wrote:I hadn't even noticed the change in the header, very cool. Kind of crowded! Like Keith's shirt design.
The shirt design is something that seems to be strongly associated with the basitin generals [2007-02-19]... though curiously, I dont' think any of them ever wear it again after that scene. In Alaric's first appearance, [2007-01-24] it's also seen on a banner behind him.

I was actually wondering about whether this is something that was later designed out -- how a basitin general might dress in various circumstances came up in something I'm writing -- but there it is. (And for that matter, on the back cover of vol 3, though only on 2/3 generals.)

And so, since it's still an active element, an amenon wonders why Alaric didn't wear the tabard on his final confrontation with Keith. There's a lot that could be read into that, though it's more avwolf's headache than my own :P
SomeBody wrote:We need slightly higher res to get the coffee cup's opinion on the situation though.
In keeping with the theme, "I HATE BANNERS" (Though as a departure, the 'A' in hate isn't a heart anymore.)

More on the header, I do, of course, love Keith and Natani's tails there (who could have guessed?! :P), and the Natani/Zen interaction -- though the love there is much more for Natani than Zen, who will hopefully at some point get some kind of clue. But if that's how Natani handles it, then good for Natani.

And for all you weird, weird shippers out there, Sythe is totally stealing glances at Nibs. (And Sealeen is probably fangirling over Trace.)

(And yes, I'm mostly talking about the header because everything else has already been covered three ways to Sunday. And it's a really really nice header.)
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

MeaCulpa, S.C.M.
The Last Gunslinger

#34 Post by MeaCulpa, S.C.M. »

Aquaninja101 wrote:This is chill, very unexpected, but very much welcomed. But didn't Trace hate Keidran when he went crazy, isn't it weird for him to have one as a Senechal in his manor?
Eh, Hitler had a Jewish chauffeur. The thing about prejudice a lot of people don't get--it's hardly ever TRULY universal. There's always one or two exceptions.

You ever seen Django Unchained? Remember how Samuel L. Jackson's character was able to give Leonardo DiCarpio's character a little more lip than everyone else? That's not uncommon. That's a big reason why saying "I have a black friend" when someone calls you racist isn't really a counter-argument. Racists have black friends for the same reason serial killers have living friends. :P
VERY, GOOD

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#35 Post by Schrodinger »

amenon wrote:(And yes, I'm mostly talking about the header because everything else has already been covered three ways to Sunday. And it's a really really nice header.)
Seconded on both counts.
amenon wrote:
SomeBody wrote:I hadn't even noticed the change in the header, very cool. Kind of crowded! Like Keith's shirt design.
The shirt design is something that seems to be strongly associated with the basitin generals [2007-02-19]... though curiously, I dont' think any of them ever wear it again after that scene. In Alaric's first appearance, [2007-01-24] it's also seen on a banner behind him.

I was actually wondering about whether this is something that was later designed out -- how a basitin general might dress in various circumstances came up in something I'm writing -- but there it is. (And for that matter, on the back cover of vol 3, though only on 2/3 generals.)

And so, since it's still an active element, an amenon wonders why Alaric didn't wear the tabard on his final confrontation with Keith. There's a lot that could be read into that, though it's more avwolf's headache than my own :P
That symbol was likely cut because Tom didn't want to have to keep redrawing it over and over again. It looks great on a one or two-off page but I can understand it's exclusion later for the sake of streamlining the process.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#36 Post by Dadrobit »

Warrl wrote:
Hayate wrote:
NiWo21k wrote: But like some already said she looks a little bit "lifeless" - or could it be that she is blind?
Maybe, but if she were blind would she really need those glasses?
Actually, NiWo21k was the first in this thread to use the term "lifeless"...

... but it fits in really well with my wildspec.

Which is: Evil!Trace believed that the only good keidran is a dead keidran... and made sure that Rose would be a good keidran before appointing her seneschal. She's haunting the place.

(Incidentally explaining why it would be really hard for the town guard to relocate her.)
I am somewhat reminded of Evals when he was put under the influence of a slave collar.

http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=651 (on a phone, too lazy to make it look nice :mrgrin: )

Somewhat at least.

My unsolicited and completely baseless guess for her immovable object status is that this involves Magic™.

More specifically some sort of physical barrier that literally makes it impossible to go beyond the premises even with outside force.

As for her longevity, my guess is that it was a gift of sorts given by Euchre after he discovered the secret himself.

Furthermore, I believe that secret was something Evil Trace or him just prior to being Evil discovered when researching the properties of life for Saria. Perhaps Euchre was involved with him at some point and was able to build off of Trace's studies to enhance himself.

This also sets up the scene for Trace to rediscover the secrets and enhance Flora.

Endgame guess is as follows: The mana towers are currently set up to destroy Keidran life. Trace and co. are able to reformat them at the critical moment to use the 'extend-life' enhancement instead thus saving all Keidran and gifting them longer lives to boot.

Very end game stuff.

.00001% chance, but I'm rooting for it. :mrgrin:

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#37 Post by Cyon »

amenon wrote: (And yes, I'm mostly talking about the header because everything else has already been covered three ways to Sunday. And it's a really really nice header.)
And I slept all the way through it! Well, at least the stream wasn't too late for us Europeans.
Nothing to add by this point...
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#38 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

Actually, why *doesn't* Rose have a slave collar on, since they are mandatory by law, and you'd expect Trace's slave(?), more than anyone, to have one.

But yeah, WOW. I was *sure* Rose would be dead by now. And she's been working for Trace?! This just raises so many questions!!!

Tendo
Master

#39 Post by Tendo »

AndreRhineDavis wrote:Actually, why *doesn't* Rose have a slave collar on, since they are mandatory by law, and you'd expect Trace's slave(?), more than anyone, to have one.
Hmm, come to think of it, when was the last time we saw a Keidran with a slave collar on them at all? This town seems to be a lot friendlier with Keidran in general, or at least the felines, than others.

Come to think of it, didn't they announce that they would abolish slavery of the feline Keidran before the attack happened?
But yeah, WOW. I was *sure* Rose would be dead by now. And she's been working for Trace?! This just raises so many questions!!!
"How is Rose still alive and not captured?"

"That's a good question"

"Oh, she works for The Grand Templar"

"Argh, that just raises further questions!"

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#40 Post by NiWo21k »

Hayate wrote: Maybe, but if she were blind would she really need those glasses?
Maybe just from habit?
Warrl wrote: Actually, NiWo21k was the first in this thread to use the term "lifeless"...
Oh, i think i misread someone else comment in this case.
Dadrobit wrote: I am somewhat reminded of Evals when he was put under the influence of a slave collar.

http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=651 (on a phone, too lazy to make it look nice :mrgrin: )

Somewhat at least.
I also first thought about the collar, but the way she speaks doesnt fit like she is under a spell that makes her obedient. Thats why i thought she maybe be blind.
It could also fit why she wasnt seen outside so much because she feels more comfortable where she lives, where nothing changes and she knows where everything is, but we have to wait.
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

Dadragon6
Citizen

#41 Post by Dadragon6 »

Well, at least now we know for sure she isn't dead.

But now I'll be expecting Tom to tell us just Rose ended up in Trace's estate.
\ [T] /
"Praise the Sun!"

Ddraig
Templar Master

#42 Post by Ddraig »

amenon wrote:More on the header, I do, of course, love Keith and Natani's tails there (who could have guessed?! :P), and the Natani/Zen interaction -- though the love there is much more for Natani than Zen, who will hopefully at some point get some kind of clue. But if that's how Natani handles it, then good for Natani.

And for all you weird, weird shippers out there, Sythe is totally stealing glances at Nibs. (And Sealeen is probably fangirling over Trace.)

(And yes, I'm mostly talking about the header because everything else has already been covered three ways to Sunday. And it's a really really nice header.)
Eric is making eyes at Mrs. Sneps (Adira). One might think he was already planning his next painting. Raine is human but still has her tail; Roselyn doesn't make an appearance so I'd expect her to remain at the Manor.

... And, of course, Reni awkward as ever
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

LordWeirdo
Traveler

#43 Post by LordWeirdo »

I had actually been thinking about Rose earlier in the week, and wondering when she would appear again (the glaring issue of age somehow got left out of my calculations). And voilà, there she is.

Since the age issue has already been well-discussed, I won't bother with my own theories at the moment.

Also, Keidran + Southern accent (or whatever Tom was shooting for) = so much yes.

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#44 Post by Elemental Templar »

Dadragon6 wrote:Well, at least now we know for sure she isn't dead.

But now I'll be expecting Tom to tell us just Rose ended up in Trace's estate.
I think we all know it involves his former wife Saria, but now I wonder if we're going to see Euchre again sometime soon.
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

Meribah
Citizen

#45 Post by Meribah »

Are we sure Rose is actually alive? She might be undead. We know ghosts exist, and the concept of werewolves exists. Maybe vampires and zombies exist too. Just a thought!