Comic Page for February 2nd, 2017

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Ddraig
Templar Master

Re: Comic Page for February 2nd, 2017

#76 Post by Ddraig »

BadJoke wrote:
Stormlight wrote:As wary as Trace might be going into this, the promise of such power, to save loved ones, to stop death, is a whole lot of temptation for anyone to handle. It should make for some good drama.
That guy approves:
Spoiler!
Have you ever heard the tragedy of Grand Templar Pelagius the Wise?
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#77 Post by avwolf »

amenon wrote:
TheMouse wrote:Unless we have keidran aging, the time scale of the comic, or both all wrong, Trace already found a way to extend keidran lifespans!
I would rather guess Euchre did, because why would Trace care?
Because anything that reminded him of Saria was worth preserving, in an insane, fever-dream sort of way. I mean, I wouldn't put it past Trace to keep Rose as a preserved and animated...thing because Rose was important to Saria, and then the seneschal here wouldn't so much be Rose as it is a magical essence that inhabits what used to be Rose. That said, the language slip is definitely a wink, nod, and nudge that this really is Rose.

I'm still thinking the towers are a method to steal the lives of every Wolf Keidran (and as many other varieties as possible) that he can get within range in an attempt to bring Saria back from the dead without killing himself in the process. So to that end, exploring what makes a Keidran live and die, and how one would manipulate a Keidran's life would be completely reasonable research goals. He could have given Rose what is effectively limited immortality: he might have been using her to determine how to shape Keidran life force -- with the intention to be able to snuff it out en-masse to harness it for his own ends -- and left Rose alive because she reminded him of Saria. In that case, I'd suggest that so long as she stays on the grounds, she can't die.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#78 Post by Schrodinger »

avwolf wrote:I'm still thinking the towers are a method to steal the lives of every Wolf Keidran (and as many other varieties as possible) that he can get within range in an attempt to bring Saria back from the dead without killing himself in the process. So to that end, exploring what makes a Keidran live and die, and how one would manipulate a Keidran's life would be completely reasonable research goals. He could have given Rose what is effectively limited immortality: he might have been using her to determine how to shape Keidran life force -- with the intention to be able to snuff it out en-masse to harness it for his own ends -- and left Rose alive because she reminded him of Saria. In that case, I'd suggest that so long as she stays on the grounds, she can't die.
Now that would be a grim fate. Wouldn't it? Sustained by the very system used to drain the life of her people.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#79 Post by BadJoke »

Ddraig wrote:
BadJoke wrote:
Stormlight wrote:As wary as Trace might be going into this, the promise of such power, to save loved ones, to stop death, is a whole lot of temptation for anyone to handle. It should make for some good drama.
That guy approves:
Spoiler!
Never. What is it?
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#80 Post by jacobc62 »

BadJoke wrote:
Ddraig wrote:
BadJoke wrote:
That guy approves:
Spoiler!
Never. What is it?
It has been said that Grand Templar Pelagius was so powerful, he could influence the mana within someone to create..... life.....
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

Shar
Citizen

#81 Post by Shar »

I'm actually surprised she would be so sarcastic to his face. I get the feeling that old trace has killed keidran for less........ hmmmm.... we need an :evil: :trace: emoji

Hayate
The Hidden User

#82 Post by Hayate »

Shar wrote:I'm actually surprised she would be so sarcastic to his face. I get the feeling that old Trace has killed keidran for less...
That's something that I haven't been able to figure out yet, why Trace left her alive... There have been a few theories here but none of them really click for me. I mean, I'm happy she is alive and all but still. Its going to be really interesting to find out why and how she is still alive and here of all places. I really have a hard time believing she is some kind of reanimated body like was suggested, but I could see her lifespan being extended magically as a plausible explanation. I mean, even if that's the case, why not keep her in a lab instead of letting her roam about his place? Even with a control spell for slaves I just didn't see old Trace as the type to keep Keidran around. Then next few pages will be very interesting and revealing. I hope we get some insight as to what Trace was working on before losing his memories and perhaps the true nature of the Templar's towers.
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#83 Post by Dadrobit »

Hayate wrote:
Shar wrote:I'm actually surprised she would be so sarcastic to his face. I get the feeling that old Trace has killed keidran for less...
That's something that I haven't been able to figure out yet, why Trace left her alive... There have been a few theories here but none of them really click for me. I mean, I'm happy she is alive and all but still. Its going to be really interesting to find out why and how she is still alive and here of all places. I really have a hard time believing she is some kind of reanimated body like was suggested, but I could see her lifespan being extended magically as a plausible explanation. I mean, even if that's the case, why not keep her in a lab instead of letting her roam about his place? Even with a control spell for slaves I just didn't see old Trace as the type to keep Keidran around. Then next few pages will be very interesting and revealing. I hope we get some insight as to what Trace was working on before losing his memories and perhaps the true nature of the Templar's towers.
I'm gonna go with the theory that it's a mix of her being connected to both Saria and Euchre. So he keeps her around as a reminder of his lost wife, and there might have been a healthy dose of encouragement from Euchre to keep her around as well.

Theory two is that Trace used Rose as a leash for Euchre for whatever reason. EG: "Do as I say and help me or your cousin experiences a fate worse than death," or something along those lines.

Maybe he promised Euchre he'd keep her alive for his help? Euchre might have agreed to something like that in an attempt to make amends for leaving her to die once before.

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#84 Post by NiWo21k »

Maybe he let her alive just to have a cover?

I mean could it be evil trace wanted to show the people that even with what happend he can live with them in way because if he started to kill every keidran there would be the possibillity that even then human world would start to revolt against him. And this would have everything harder for him. Just an idea.

Edit:
Just noticed (not sure if someone already said it) but i am curious why in the second last panel "This" is emphasized in the phrase "...take me from this place..." maybe she realy is bound somehow to the mansion but with her will intakt.

And also something that just came to me: Maybe she is still alive because she was close with Saria and this was something to remind him at her?
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

Warrl
Grand Templar

#85 Post by Warrl »

Hayate wrote:
That's something that I haven't been able to figure out yet, why Trace left her alive... There have been a few theories here but none of them really click for me. I mean, I'm happy she is alive and all but still.
And I threw out a wildspec that she isn't alive...

SomeBody
Citizen

#86 Post by SomeBody »

Well, can magic manipulate ghosts? I mean, if you can't keep your wife alive maybe keeping her with you is good enough?

Ddraig
Templar Master

#87 Post by Ddraig »

SomeBody wrote:Well, can magic manipulate ghosts? I mean, if you can't keep your wife alive maybe keeping her with you is good enough?
well, it DID bring Saria back for a bit early in the comic, though she definitely couldn't stay long
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#88 Post by SirJahar »

That also took a demigod.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#89 Post by Schrodinger »

SirJahar wrote:That also took a demigod.
Ddraig wrote:
SomeBody wrote:Well, can magic manipulate ghosts? I mean, if you can't keep your wife alive maybe keeping her with you is good enough?
well, it DID bring Saria back for a bit early in the comic, though she definitely couldn't stay long
And it was animated spirit not a full resurrection. As far as anyone or anything is concerned bringing the dead back to life is impossible.

But ghosts are real.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

saphire_dragon_rider
Traveler

#90 Post by saphire_dragon_rider »

Am I the only one that's reading into the stumble Rose has when introducing herself as though it might be something more than just a simple mistake?
Ah'm Rose- er, I am Roselyn,
I see it as, just perhaps, Rose is being controlled by someone that has trouble remembering that they're controlling someone?

Just a crazy theory that has been bugging me since the comic posted and I can't shake that feeling that there's something more going on.
Atra esterní ono thelduin. Mor'ranr lífa unin hjarta onr. Un du evarínya ono varda.

:nora: