Comic Page for January 19th, 2017

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Re: Comic Page for January 19th, 2017

#31 Post by Schrodinger »

Again I guess correctly and again Tom subverts my expectations. That does raise the question of if Lady Nora maintains a subtle link with Trace.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#32 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Well Reni, you had it coming :P
One does not simply pry into Trace x Flora memories

Also, Nora FTW :nora:
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

Diabolicon
Citizen

#33 Post by Diabolicon »

Just imagine watching this going on from the "outside". I'm assuming Reni's not "saying" anything where the others can hear so all they know is she taps her chin with a wing claw, suddenly goes :shock: and as beet-red as a black dragon could possibly be,possibly with the "OH DEAR! NO NO NO! NEVERMIND! NEXT! being "heard"; maybe looks surprised/confused and then "Grraaalr!"

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#34 Post by Cyon »

Diabolicon wrote:Just imagine watching this going on from the "outside". I'm assuming Reni's not "saying" anything where the others can hear so all they know is she taps her chin with a wing claw, suddenly goes :shock: and as beet-red as a black dragon could possibly be,possibly with the "OH DEAR! NO NO NO! NEVERMIND! NEXT! being "heard"; maybe looks surprised/confused and then "Grraaalr!"
Still thinking about how Nora managed not only to block Reni from Trace's mind, but physically repel her out of it. Wouldn't be surprised if she was an earth-bender or something...
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Aurora
Citizen

#35 Post by Aurora »

It's almost like some kind of quantum thing is going on here, like Reni's mind-probe is going thru' time as well as Trace's memories. LOL!!! Boy,
she got a bit of an overload here, didn't she? :grin:

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#36 Post by BadJoke »

I dig the new mask design. Not anymore some shadow with a porcelain covering, now we got some creepy creature from the void with an unnatural gaze and face... Nice. Threatening as it should be.

I like Reni's face too (in the middle). It looks so cartoonish. Don't know why it reminds me of the dinosaurs and dragons from the cartoons of my childhood. (And noticed Nora's wings aren't see-trough, even after so much art evolution. Kinda logic, she's bigger after all.)

And damn I had totally forgot about Trace's black hand.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Dadragon6
Citizen

#37 Post by Dadragon6 »

No privacy is safe around Reni!
\ [T] /
"Praise the Sun!"

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#38 Post by Cyon »

Dadragon6 wrote:No privacy is safe around Reni!
She didn't use SSL encryption xD

Next page prediction: Trace finds out he has no more money in his bank account
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Shar
Citizen

#39 Post by Shar »

You know.... I really :heart: LOVE :heart: seeing those old strip pieces drawn in the new style. and that's not a joke i seriously do love it :D

Also this brings up the question of just how deeply Nora and trace are bonded that she has what almost seems to be a piece of her own consciousness within him.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#40 Post by CrRAR »

Hayate wrote:Did anyone else go back to the page with Trace and Nora to see if that was really said or not? Weird how it works like that, self aware memories I guess? Mind traps?
Aurora wrote:It's almost like some kind of quantum thing is going on here, like Reni's mind-probe is going thru' time as well as Trace's memories. LOL!!! Boy,
she got a bit of an overload here, didn't she? :grin:
Maybe Dragons are so magical they transcend our concept of traditional memories. Like portraits in the Harry Potter universe can move and travel between frames and talk. Be more than just pictures.

I more like the idea that it could be that Nora even in her slumber is keeping tabs on Trace and company and recognized that another dragon was tooling around Trace's head and interjected with her own telepathy.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Shar
Citizen

#41 Post by Shar »

You know i was thinking....

Waaaaay back at the beginning (and shown as a snippet on this page) we see when Trace gave flora an pendent that signified marriage or engagement or something. Flora even responded by giving him something in return and saying what it meant and trace accepted it back... So by the standards of that world are they actually married? Is Flora officially "Flora Legacy" at this point?

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#42 Post by jacobc62 »

Shar wrote:Is Flora officially "Flora Legacy" at this point?
Seeing as how I believe she (hopefully) still has the pendant, and the fact that she's carrying his child, but they haven't been formally married, I would assume not. However, assuming Keidran mating formalities are similar to animals in real life, Trace would be considered Flora's mate, and vise versa. Hell, Trace did declare to a few Basitians that she was his "mate", so......

tl;dr - While Trace may or may not be officially "Trace Legacy of the Rainforest Tribe", Flora is unofficially "Flora Legacy" (from what I can tell), as stated by Trace.
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

Darekun
Traveler

#43 Post by Darekun »

jacobc62 wrote:
Hayate wrote:Did anyone else go back to the page with Trace and Nora to see if that was really said or not? Weird how it works like that, self aware memories I guess? Mind traps?
I did and if it was said at one point, then it was said off-camera. Most likely a spell Nora placed on Trace's memories.
The weirdest thing… I remember seeing that before. While Trace and Nora are talking at the caves, Nora looks at the camera and admonishes "young one" like that, which confuses Trace. I specifically remember diving the comic and then Tom's DA, trying to figure out who she was talking to. I remember coming up dry, and eventually giving up. When I saw this strip, I immediately recognized it as payoff for that moment.

…And yet, it seems you're right. I haven't been able to find it. Just a confabulation of mine?

Does anyone else remember that panel from before? (Although even if people do, it could just be the Mandela Effect in action…)

Based on that (possibly confabulated) memory, I totally interpreted this strip as Nora actually saying that at the time. The glow, then, would be how she's sensing then-future Princess Reni prying.

Shockfrost
Traveler

#44 Post by Shockfrost »

It looks to me like Nora's interjection wasn't originally planned the way it was, but once Reni started poking around in Trace's mind, Nora's... spirit, memory, whatever, awoke a bit inside his memory and decided to use the Ejector Card and force Reni out.

But I STILL can't get over her reaction to seeing the Trace x Flora action. I'm still dying every time I think about it.

Kind of causes a few odd looks when I suddenly burst out laughing in class. WORTH IT.
Through vigilance and strength, we create peace.

Kit.
Apprentice

#45 Post by Kit. »

When you are as smart and experienced as Lady Nora is, you can put these kinds of mind tricks just in case. No need in any special magic or spirits or time-travel.