Voting incentive for Jan 11, 2017

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

SirJahar
Grand Templar

Re: Voting incentive for Jan 11, 2017

#16 Post by SirJahar »

Sudden ambush?
I don't know, there are reasons why this could happen that are far less rapey than you paint the scene.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#17 Post by Ketzal »

Meh. I just don't like it because of femkeith's expression and posture in general. I think it would've been funnier if the "oh no he's hot!" was still in there, but as it stands I don't think it fits Keith's personality. yeah, I know, it's non canon, but I wouldve liked this better if Keith had something of a smirk and an "oh really?" expression on his/her face, if that makes any sense

Butterscotch
Master

#18 Post by Butterscotch »

Perhaps in this drawing, it is Keith who is unsure of his gender identity, rather than Natani? After all, this IS non-canon and, to me, is interpreted as an alternate reality. Which means that it is entirely plausible characters personality's are swapped/completely different.

We've definitely seen personality swaps in sketches.

*obligitary Mike x Evals sketch here*

Were definitely reading into it too much.
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#19 Post by Cyon »

Butterscotch wrote:Which means that it is entirely plausible characters personality's are swapped/completely different.
Were definitely reading into it too much.
It turns out that 'Natani' is actually a cyborg robot from the future who came back in time to capture 'Keith' but by doing so he created a new parallel universe with a few slight differences...
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#20 Post by TinyVoices »

Kinda weird that someone like me, who has hounded Tom for pervy [censored], risque [censored], and doing things somewhat in a creepy manner- does not see this as all that bad. I don't see the rapeyness, nor do I really see it as being that out of character.

Maybe that's just because whenever Tom has drawn a male Natani, Natani is extremely confident and smooth. Whenever he's drawn Keith being faced by a confident person, Keith has folded under the pressure slightly. Female Keith, or even a feminine male Keith, has always been especially bad about that. The genderswap doesn't seem to undo their character traits, but rather magnify them. For Natani it makes sense; we've rarely seen Natani be all that confident and comfortable when depicted as female, but rather than being the exact opposite of confident and smooth she just displays frustration and anger toward her female body.

I certainly still see the "oh gosh he's attractive" here in Keith. The hand to the chest isn't clenched too tight into a fist, so it isn't there in fear but rather amazement. The foot is up on the wall, much like she is taken aback by what she sees. The blush is just a product of the embarrassment of Natani showing so much attention.

My one argument to the "it doesn't look rapey" crowd, would be that friends can take advantage of friends. Don't assume that because they're lovers, it's ok, but if they were strangers, it'd be bad. No. Let's just focus on the body language here. The body language looks like Keith is embarrassed to have the attention, but likes what she sees. Natani seems like he's confident in himself, but can register that Keith being slightly flustered over the extra attention.

I think it's cute. And I actually keep forgetting that Natani is topless here. That's a first, right? Tiny not even noticing the "nudity"? Hey, maybe it's because it isn't completely arbitrary or out of place for once. The Anniversary shot had everybody clothed, and this has relevant 'nudity'. Kudos, Tom. You seem to be getting better with knowing how clothes are supposed to operate.

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#21 Post by SirJahar »

TinyVoices wrote:Kinda weird that someone like me, who has hounded Tom for pervy [censored], risque [censored], and doing things somewhat in a creepy manner-
Subjective and also, let the man do some fan service if he wants to once in a while.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle

#22 Post by TinyVoices »

SirJahar wrote:Subjective and also, let the man do some fan service if he wants to once in a while.
That's irrelevant to what I was actually saying.

SomeBody
Citizen

#23 Post by SomeBody »

Since when has Keith folded to authority in comic, other than, you know, his own government?

This is actually the most irritating thing to me surrounding this whole damn comic. Everybody walks on eggshells about Natani, male or female, but it's apparently hi-larious that Keith is constantly portrayed as feminine, cast as female, genderswapped etc even though he's never shown any hint of feminine traits or interest in comic. Tom is the one drawing it, which makes me feel like he's going to start making Keith act like that, against all prior characterization.

I would far rather see more badass Keith. The one who'd rather commit suicide than kill a friend. The one who kicked [censored] by stealing Natani's moves and cheating in a fight. The one who stood up after getting an arrow in the chest and stabbed the assassin in back. Heck, even the Log Horizon pic, where he's playing the part of one of the bravest and strongest characters.

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#24 Post by jacobc62 »

Dude, it's a non-canon bit of artwork that Tom did for fun because he wanted to.

Chill....
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

Yash
Administrator

#25 Post by Yash »

There's only one true way to fix this.

Tom must draw this situation in reverse. Huge, female Keith looking at a small and shy Natani.

You know what to do, Tom.
Forum Rules.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving." - Dale Carnegie

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#26 Post by The Rookie »

Fixed it! Now everyone can be happy! Sort of... Maybe... :potatoes:
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

SomeBody
Citizen

#27 Post by SomeBody »

I can appreciate the slight absurdity of the difference in their heights that way, at least!
jacobc62 wrote:Dude, it's a non-canon bit of artwork that Tom did for fun because he wanted to.
Chill....
I've chilled for quite a while on the topic. But I think Tom's non-canon artwork has 80% feminized Keith to normal Keith. At first you laugh, then you scratch your head. Eventually it becomes irritating.

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#28 Post by Cyon »

The Rookie wrote:Fixed it! Now everyone can be happy! Sort of... Maybe... :potatoes:
Oh the wonders of photo editing :shock:

Not sure about Keith's eyes though, looks like he's definitely got something on his mind
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

amenon
Grand Templar

#29 Post by amenon »

The Rookie wrote:Fixed it! Now everyone can be happy! Sort of... Maybe... :potatoes:
My jaw, on the floor :o

That's a pretty incredible piece of work!
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle

#30 Post by TinyVoices »

Yash wrote:Huge, female Keith looking at a small and shy Natani.
You didn't specify Natani's gender so I'm imagining something magical here. :P
amenon wrote:That's a pretty incredible piece of work!
Indeed, I like it Rook. :grin:

His eyes look familiar but I have no clue where they're from... (I realize they're just recolored Natani eyes here, but I remember an artist who drew Keith with that more anime eye shape. And the gold color in his eyes makes the shape stand out more.)