Comic for Wednesday, January 11th, 2017

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

SirJahar
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for Wednesday, January 11th, 2017

#31 Post by SirJahar »

I think Nora mentioned at one point her species generally not interacting with the shorter lived races as much as she does.

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#32 Post by Vintage »

I'm late to this page, but it's great! Reni looks pretty epic like that :nora:
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#33 Post by BadJoke »

:trace: : My mind is not a nice place to be.

Also Reni really should start improving her mindreading tricks.

And I wanna know about the wolfpen! How many wolves escaped? What's gonna happen to them? Are their fake saviors going to manipulate them?...
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#34 Post by Cyon »

Hayate wrote:
Stormlight wrote:I know it's probably been discussed before, but do a lot of dragons end up crushing on humans, or are we just seeing the more adventurous ones?
Well, all I know is that 100% of the dragons we have seen seem to show an interest in humans lol. Though all these dragons must be coming from somewhere so I guess they can't all be into humans xD :nora:
Also, note we haven't seen any male dragons so far in the story... has there been a mass extinction event that we are so far unaware of? :?
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#35 Post by BadFoMo »

BadJoke wrote:...And I wanna know about the wolfpen! How many wolves escaped? What's gonna happen to them? Are their fake saviors going to manipulate them?...
When you say 'fake saviors' do you mean the Wolves who were tipped off and may have been supported by Clovis who was paid to make the attack happened, or the Templar who arranged for the attack to happen?

Cyon wrote:
Hayate wrote:
Stormlight wrote:I know it's probably been discussed before, but do a lot of dragons end up crushing on humans, or are we just seeing the more adventurous ones?
Well, all I know is that 100% of the dragons we have seen seem to show an interest in humans lol. Though all these dragons must be coming from somewhere so I guess they can't all be into humans xD :nora:
Also, note we haven't seen any male dragons so far in the story... has there been a mass extinction event that we are so far unaware of? :?
My guess is we just haven't seen them yet.

Somewhat relevant (I think), in one of the Streams, Tom said that Dragons reproduce through transformation. I asked if he meant that they could turn into one of the three races and start a family like that or if they would turn someone of one of the three races into a Dragon, but I don't recall him replying on that.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#36 Post by AmigaDragon »

While Reni is "not really nobility", is "Princess" her title or just what people like to call her?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Warrl
Grand Templar

#37 Post by Warrl »

My take on the dragons' titles:

1) It's human custom to assign titles of nobility to dragons.
2) What that title is doesn't really matter to humans - the significant fact being that it's a dragon.
3) Humans tend to come to a consensus on any particular dragon's title. Possibly based on what title sounds good in combination with the dragon's name. Or on what puts a given dragon at rough equality with the first human noble to deal with that dragon. Or something.
4) Reni accepts this, but has become aware of what her title would mean if it were applied to a human. She protests not because she objects, but because she doesn't want to support a misconception regarding her importance to other dragons. (Or possibly in an attempt to conceal her importance relative to other dragons - this point is ambiguous.)

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#38 Post by SirJahar »

Sounds about right so far. Let's see how it holds up going forward, but I'm willing to use it as a working theory.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#39 Post by Ketzal »

This is kind of reminding me of the "soulgaze" from the dresden files books, where the two subjects basically have images burned into their brain of what that other person's soul represents. I doubt it's going to be like that, but nevertheless I'm interested to see how Tom handles it

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#40 Post by Schrodinger »

A thought occurred to me. We've seen how easily flustered Miss Reni is, what if she came across a memory of Trace and Flora being intimate?

What was it the spider said to the fly...

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#41 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Schrodinger wrote:A thought occurred to me. We've seen how easily flustered Miss Reni is, what if she came across a memory of Trace and Flora being intimate?

She'd probably turn from black to red :mrgreen:
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#42 Post by BadJoke »

BadFoMo wrote:
BadJoke wrote:...And I wanna know about the wolfpen! How many wolves escaped? What's gonna happen to them? Are their fake saviors going to manipulate them?...
When you say 'fake saviors' do you mean the Wolves who were tipped off and may have been supported by Clovis who was paid to make the attack happened, or the Templar who arranged for the attack to happen?
Both. They conspired together after all.
BadFoMo wrote:Somewhat relevant (I think), in one of the Streams, Tom said that Dragons reproduce through transformation. I asked if he meant that they could turn into one of the three races and start a family like that or if they would turn someone of one of the three races into a Dragon, but I don't recall him replying on that.
Which cast (maybe) a new light on the dragon cults and their members' tendency to mutate themselves.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Cpt.Obvious
Apprentice

#43 Post by Cpt.Obvious »

Schrodinger wrote:A thought occurred to me. We've seen how easily flustered Miss Reni is, what if she came across a memory of Trace and Flora being intimate?

Then we're going to have a dragon dunking it's head in the fountain again, steam billowing as she tries to cool down...

New thought...

What are the odds we will see some of the "escapees" from the wolf pen turn up at the estate? I could easily imagine a family with several pups being chased by the guards and possibly the town folks, ending up trying to hide on the estate grounds. I don't think their "rescuers" are as interested in making sure they all get away as they are in manipulating the humans and the tigers to make sure they form an alliance, however temporary. Actually putting effort into making sure the wolves really escape probably wasn't considered cost effective or necessary.

Panther
Merchant

#44 Post by Panther »

Just a question : what a dragon does with a sort of skirt ? :nora:
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#45 Post by Cyon »

Panther wrote:Just a question : what a dragon does with a sort of skirt ? :nora:
J'ai pas compris, mais t'as qu'a demander en français :wink:
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-