Comic for April 20th, 2024 | "Enough Moping, Time to Go"

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

jacobc62
Grand Templar

Comic for April 20th, 2024 | "Enough Moping, Time to Go"

#1 Post by jacobc62 »

sketch link

Really hoping Raine is only garbing that so that she and Trace can find a way to destroy it. Nothing good can come from Euchre's "gift".....
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

mhalpern
Citizen

Re: Comic for April 20th, 2024 | "Enough Moping, Time to Go"

#2 Post by mhalpern »

are we sure Raine is the one grabbing it? I'm not

TVRemyVercetti
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani and Zen

#3 Post by TVRemyVercetti »

mhalpern wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:37 am are we sure Raine is the one grabbing it? I'm not
Honestly, that's a good question

I'm happy she's finally getting out of the funk but I really hope she's not stupid to put that on. If Euchre gave it to her, there's no telling what that thing could do

Zaigan
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#4 Post by Zaigan »

mhalpern wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:37 am are we sure Raine is the one grabbing it? I'm not
That's an excellent point. There is no sleeve in the picture, and there would be if it was Raine. I don't think that detail would be forgotten in the time this page was in the works. She wouldn't roll up her sleeve to pick up the necklace.

Maybe an echo of ghost Rose?

It would have literary weight both ways though. The idea of Raine choosing to trust in a situation where people always be suspicious. Kind of a Frodo and Gollum situation. But I have to agree, the sleeve thing is suspicious.

Could it be Silverlock showing up here somehow? Is she still stuck in her keidran form, betting on Eucre lying? I feel like that might be a llittle convenient, though. Not sure how many other white. Nora's cat form was white, but would she recover and then show up in her cat form to take the necklace?

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#5 Post by Tornir »

mhalpern wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:37 amare we sure Raine is the one grabbing it? I'm not
^This.

Let's go through the known white furred characters:

Adira: Either arrested by town guardsmen, or kidnapped by disguised wolves; she's not known to use magic, and isn't currently going to be stealing mana necklaces from a warded manor.
Maeve: Last seen talking to Captain Kei about her mom. She has no reason to be anywhere near the manor. (Also, IIRC, Mauve has some spots on her hands.)
Euchre: The necklace is exactly where he wants it to be; he has no reason to take it. Also, he was wearing long dark grey sleeves.
Raine: Possible she changed her mind and came back to get it, but she left the room wearing a long sleeved blue jumper, which is not evident in that last frame.
Mary: Isn't she still in that hidden village everyone's looking to go to?

That leaves Rose...

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#6 Post by Bellhead »

The more I look at it, the more focus I see on Raine's sleeves in the other panels, making it all the more clear that something's up with that last panel. But I also want to bring to attention that she's thinking of going to Reni for possible advise and/or training, and Reni is a connoisseur of magic items who might have further insight into what it actually does.

There's also the (however slim) chance that Tom took into account that Raine is reaching out to grab it, causing her sleeve to ride up a bit.

I just hope we get an update in less than a month this time.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#7 Post by Eclipse »

Hooray! Comic again!
Tornir wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:20 am Mary: Isn't she still in that hidden village everyone's looking to go to?
Mary isn't even a Keidran anymore, Neutral changed her back. Neutral made Mary human again in Chapter 6 in exchange for possessing her to get to Flora.

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#8 Post by Tornir »

Eclipse wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:53 pm Mary isn't even a Keidran anymore, Neutral changed her back. Neutral made Mary human again in Chapter 6 in exchange for possessing her to get to Flora.
Oh yeah, forgot about that.
That pretty much rules her out then; she'd only experienced Trace's painful imperfect transformation spell, and had no native ability to do it, so I very much doubt she'd go through that again just to nick a necklace.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#9 Post by Lief »

Bellhead wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:17 pmThere's also the (however slim) chance that Tom took into account that Raine is reaching out to grab it, causing her sleeve to ride up a bit.
I don't think it's a slim chance at all. Tom is an excellent artist with a really good eye for detail. He may have exaggerated the effect to up the suspense and drama, though!

Vixendragon2005
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora Natani Raine

#10 Post by Vixendragon2005 »

Raine was the only one to be shown wearing a blue shirt.

also if you look at the panel before Raine's sleeve is gone as she opens the door. From my perspective it's Raine also she's the only one left in that room.

also GO RAINE GO AND Raine B. GOODE!!
When people are lost they turn to the man who acts like he knows the way out, when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II

Kyrit
Templar

#11 Post by Kyrit »

It's a little hard to see with the speech bubble in place, but this is the second time we've seen Rose's shadow seeming to watch over Raine. While the original sketches following Euchre's visit seem to have been scrapped, we do seem to still be seeing a ghost
Vixendragon2005 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:36 pm

also if you look at the panel before Raine's sleeve is gone as she opens the door. From my perspective it's Raine also she's the only one left in that room.

Panel got updated. Originally her sleeve couldn't be seen in the last panel

Vixendragon2005
New Citizen

#12 Post by Vixendragon2005 »

Kyrit wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:56 pm It's a little hard to see with the speech bubble in place, but this is the second time we've seen Rose's shadow seeming to watch over Raine. While the original sketches following Euchre's visit seem to have been scrapped, we do seem to still be seeing a ghost
Vixendragon2005 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:36 pm

Panel got updated. Originally her sleeve couldn't be seen in the last panel
Then maybe Tom wanted to show that it was Raine.
When people are lost they turn to the man who acts like he knows the way out, when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#13 Post by Bellhead »

So all of our discussions and theories was for naught. Guess he saw how much we were debating it, and decided to not leave it up to our imaginations.

Kinda gotta agree with that here. It was a piece of suspicion that wasn't really necessary.

Still want to see where she's taking it, though.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Kyrit
Templar

#14 Post by Kyrit »

Completely unrelevant to any discussion; Tom sent back and added the blue sleeve to the last panel, but uh. Raine still has 6 fingers there

Vixendragon2005
New Citizen

#15 Post by Vixendragon2005 »

Kyrit wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:08 am Completely unrelevant to any discussion; Tom sent back and added the blue sleeve to the last panel, but uh. Raine still has 6 fingers there
I only see five.... fingers are hard to draw.