Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

Re: Sketch of the Day

#3961 Post by AmigaDragon »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:10 pm Another chance encounter
Well, Brutus is a tall one (in most cases we've seen (most of them in these sketches), I'd say 'gentle giant'). Did Nora make Clovis shorter too or is that just the fox side?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

JonahAndTheWolf
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Adira

#3962 Post by JonahAndTheWolf »

New Sketch: Good Morning, Adira!

I swear to God, if anything bad happens to Maeve or Adira, I'm gonna riot :x
Grumpily succumbing to the moral imperative of tentacle-delivered pleasure like a good utilitarian :evil:

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#3963 Post by AmigaDragon »

JonahAndTheWolf wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:36 pm New Sketch: Good Morning, Adira!
We can't forget Good Morning Nibbly.
When Raine Confronts her Parents, I think Mary's expression looks a little less stern than Euchre's. Most (or all?) other times we've seen him he's seemed more pleasant.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

steelabjur
Council Member

#3964 Post by steelabjur »

We got some big booty shaking with Hula Dragon Reni. Keiren approves!

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#3965 Post by MuonNeutrino »

There's been a few other sketches, but whatever, you know which one I care about. :grin: A nora card from a while ago: Rose Reference Sheet, now in color with bonus Rose faces! :D

The part about Rose's role as Seneschal is an interesting bit of info that wasn't in the original version. Not only does it give a reason for Trace keeping her on (not a super surprising one, but good to have confirmed), but the wording also implies that there was a "Legacy Estate" that she was Seneschal of even *before* Saria's death. That definitely puts an interesting spin on Trace's backstory, especially in light of the way that Nora described things previously. Seems like she definitely glossed over some important details, there. When, exactly, did Trace become a duke, and how? Because he definitely wasn't born to it, and from Nora's depiction didn't seem to have been one at the time he had been courting Saria either. So... just how large was that 'quite large' home, hmm Nora?

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#3966 Post by Technic[Bot] »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:56 am There's been a few other sketches, but whatever, you know which one I care about. :grin: A nora card from a while ago: Rose Reference Sheet, now in color with bonus Rose faces! :D

The part about Rose's role as Seneschal is an interesting bit of info that wasn't in the original version. Not only does it give a reason for Trace keeping her on (not a super surprising one, but good to have confirmed), but the wording also implies that there was a "Legacy Estate" that she was Seneschal of even *before* Saria's death. That definitely puts an interesting spin on Trace's backstory, especially in light of the way that Nora described things previously. Seems like she definitely glossed over some important details, there. When, exactly, did Trace become a duke, and how? Because he definitely wasn't born to it, and from Nora's depiction didn't seem to have been one at the time he had been courting Saria either. So... just how large was that 'quite large' home, hmm Nora?
I imagine the Legacy State was everything owned by Saria and Trace once they got married. For what I gather Trace did rise in the ranks quite fast, not as fast as he hoped to but still fast. And despite not being the grand Templar back then I think by the time he married Saria the guy was loaded. Regardin his title he probably simply bought it. Came with the land I imagine.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Ddraig
Templar Master

#3967 Post by Ddraig »

A couple more we've missed:

Image No thumbnail for this one, titled "Magpie finds Willow"
Bonus scene for this sketch

No thumbnail for this one either, it's called "Familiar Grief"

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#3968 Post by SpottedKitty »

Another remake of an old sketch, this time Archmage Kathrin.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I'm predicting it now, this is next month's top colour vote. :heart: :kathrin: :heart:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#3969 Post by Bellhead »

Agreed. Badass Kat is really cool.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#3970 Post by SpottedKitty »

It's that little "do you really think I can't beat you?" smile that sells it for me. Also, fantastic windblown effects on her clothes.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Ddraig
Templar Master

#3971 Post by Ddraig »

Little Red Riding Fox
Laura meets Mr. Steal Your Girl Boy
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#3972 Post by TheMouse »

I've seen enough art to know what happens next.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#3973 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

"Windstraw Pounces
Sometimes instinct takes over, even for a civilized cat."
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

Emp_Dragon
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Reni

#3974 Post by Emp_Dragon »

Tesla Foxtrot wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:34 am Image
"Windstraw Pounces
Sometimes instinct takes over, even for a civilized cat."
So the best way to get a date with an antropomorphic cat is to apply a catnip aftershave? ;)

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#3975 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

SpottedKitty wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:57 am Another remake of an old sketch, this time Archmage Kathrin.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I'm predicting it now, this is next month's top colour vote. :heart: :kathrin: :heart:
This soooo needs coloring
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now