Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
User avatar
Master
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:01 am
Location: haha, look at him go!
Contact:

Re: Sketch of the Day

#2956 Post by Neptune » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:05 am

steelabjur wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:32 pm
In another universe, a Trace/Nora magical mishap transforms Laura into the majestic Fox Dragon (much to Keith's confusion)!
She looks more like a pampered longcat to me, fight me if you must.
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

User avatar
Templar Master
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:33 am
Location: Australia

Re: Sketch of the Day

#2957 Post by Jonesy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:21 am

tony1695 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:23 pm
Today, some explorers discover a Snow Leopard Village.
Yes, he is a big kitty.
Huh. They got some Frostpunk in my TwoKinds.

The village must survive!
Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves
A forbidden relationship forms between a human and lupine in a divided world.

The Desulti Chronicles: Stranded
A starship of kangaroos becomes stranded in deep space.

Master
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:59 am

Re: Sketch of the Day

#2958 Post by steelabjur » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:18 am

Guess this is sort of a follow up to Shower Keith, Shower For Two (DA link, because wet fur is too hot for Patreon! ;p). Now we know whose POV we were looking through.
Neptune wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:05 am
steelabjur wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:32 pm
In another universe, a Trace/Nora magical mishap transforms Laura into the majestic Fox Dragon (much to Keith's confusion)!
She looks more like a pampered longcat to me, fight me if you must.
I like Tom's description "a majestic noodle dragon!"

User avatar
Templar GrandMaster
Posts: 618
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:08 pm

Re: Sketch of the Day

#2959 Post by SpottedKitty » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:53 am

Quick question about the shuffled-to-DA sketches and colourings — are they shrunk a bit compared to the originals still up on Patreon? The last couple seem to be about 2/3 to 3/4 the average size of the ones I've seen before.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Citizen
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:28 pm

Re: Sketch of the Day

#2960 Post by Lightice » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:40 am

SpottedKitty wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:53 am
Quick question about the shuffled-to-DA sketches and colourings — are they shrunk a bit compared to the originals still up on Patreon? The last couple seem to be about 2/3 to 3/4 the average size of the ones I've seen before.
Nope. Click the Download-button on the upper right to see the pictures in full res, which is exactly the same as Patreon's. On the other hand, on Patreon it's possible to sometimes get an automatic upscale, which is not the original res, if you're not careful.

User avatar
Council Member
Posts: 553
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:55 pm
Location: Sol system, Orion spiral arm, Milky Way

Re: Sketch of the Day

#2961 Post by MuonNeutrino » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:12 pm

Ikea Masters

In today's sketch, Natani and Zen have some reality-warping non-euclidean fun (mis)assembling some ikea furniture! This is definitely one of my favorite sketches of all time; I haven't laughed as hard as I did while watching this be drawn in weeks. :D
Image

User avatar
Templar Master
Posts: 404
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:48 pm
Location: México
Contact:

Re: Sketch of the Day

#2962 Post by Technic[Bot] » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:25 am

MuonNeutrino wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:12 pm
Ikea Masters

In today's sketch, Natani and Zen have some reality-warping non-euclidean fun (mis)assembling some ikea furniture! This is definitely one of my favorite sketches of all time; I haven't laughed as hard as I did while watching this be drawn in weeks. :D
That is funny. There is no IKEA in my country but for some weird reason i had to assemble a couple of IKEA beds and cupboards this June. It struck me as "not that hard".
In any case the duo seemed to have assembled the house sideways...
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook

Master
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:59 am

Re: Sketch of the Day

#2963 Post by steelabjur » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:20 am

Technic[Bot] wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:25 am
MuonNeutrino wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:12 pm
Ikea Masters

In today's sketch, Natani and Zen have some reality-warping non-euclidean fun (mis)assembling some ikea furniture! This is definitely one of my favorite sketches of all time; I haven't laughed as hard as I did while watching this be drawn in weeks. :D
That is funny. There is no IKEA in my country but for some weird reason i had to assemble a couple of IKEA beds and cupboards this June. It struck me as "not that hard".
In any case the duo seemed to have assembled the house sideways...
IKEA has a poor reputation mostly due to the use of chipboard and plywood, which saves on cost and weight but doesn't hold up to regular use after a few years because the screw and peg holes will eventually work themselves open and compromise the structural integrity of the furniture.
In this case however, the situation is probably due to the fact that the Magi Brothers can't read, so couldn't follow the "insert Tab A into Slot B". :P

User avatar
Templar
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:06 pm

Re: Sketch of the Day

#2964 Post by Ddraig » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:25 am

steelabjur wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:20 am
Technic[Bot] wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:25 am
MuonNeutrino wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:12 pm
Ikea Masters

In today's sketch, Natani and Zen have some reality-warping non-euclidean fun (mis)assembling some ikea furniture! This is definitely one of my favorite sketches of all time; I haven't laughed as hard as I did while watching this be drawn in weeks. :D
That is funny. There is no IKEA in my country but for some weird reason i had to assemble a couple of IKEA beds and cupboards this June. It struck me as "not that hard".
In any case the duo seemed to have assembled the house sideways...
IKEA has a poor reputation mostly due to the use of chipboard and plywood, which saves on cost and weight but doesn't hold up to regular use after a few years because the screw and peg holes will eventually work themselves open and compromise the structural integrity of the furniture.
In this case however, the situation is probably due to the fact that the Magi Brothers can't read, so couldn't follow the "insert Tab A into Slot B". :P
I think you mean particleboard vice plywood but it does tend to be cheaper materials. Ikea's 'reputation' (quotes just because it's more a running joke) is that anything from Ikea is very difficult to put together correctly and/or had missing/extra pieces.

The things I've actually gotten from Ikea have been a somewhat complex assembly, but had very good instructions once I'd figured out the scheme and came with lots of spare screws/dowels/etc in a separate bag. Tbh I think it comes from people tossing the instructions immediately and assuming they can figure it out. Their instructions (at least for what I got) didn't even require reading, just match the symbols on the bag to the one on the chart to make sure you had the right piece (not just one that looked right)
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

User avatar
Weaver of Tales
Posts: 5512
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:49 am
Location: POOTISPOOTISPOOTISPOOTIS

Re: Sketch of the Day

#2965 Post by tony1695 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:23 pm

Ddraig wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:25 am
The things I've actually gotten from Ikea have been a somewhat complex assembly, but had very good instructions once I'd figured out the scheme and came with lots of spare screws/dowels/etc in a separate bag. Tbh I think it comes from people tossing the instructions immediately and assuming they can figure it out. Their instructions (at least for what I got) didn't even require reading, just match the symbols on the bag to the one on the chart to make sure you had the right piece (not just one that looked right)
My bad Ikea experiences have all been from screw holes being maybe half to a full centimeter off from where they should be, requiring brute force or a power drill to make a hole in the right place.

Anyway, on to today's sketch, Clumsy Ghost Laura! And the DA link, because Tom made this much a good deal lewder than I had envisioned the whole thing.
And Natani asking the important question, how does a ghost trip?
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

User avatar
Templar GrandMaster
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:52 am
Location: Alternate Mekkan where Keidrans live long lives

Re: Sketch of the Day

#2966 Post by Hulk10 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:53 pm

Its honestly kinda cute. I miss fluffy little Laura.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Master
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:59 am

Re: Sketch of the Day

#2967 Post by steelabjur » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:30 am

tony1695 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:23 pm
Ddraig wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:25 am
The things I've actually gotten from Ikea have been a somewhat complex assembly, but had very good instructions once I'd figured out the scheme and came with lots of spare screws/dowels/etc in a separate bag. Tbh I think it comes from people tossing the instructions immediately and assuming they can figure it out. Their instructions (at least for what I got) didn't even require reading, just match the symbols on the bag to the one on the chart to make sure you had the right piece (not just one that looked right)
My bad Ikea experiences have all been from screw holes being maybe half to a full centimeter off from where they should be, requiring brute force or a power drill to make a hole in the right place.

Anyway, on to today's sketch, Clumsy Ghost Laura! And the DA link, because Tom made this much a good deal lewder than I had envisioned the whole thing.
And Natani asking the important question, how does a ghost trip?
Given the presence of Young!Tani and Zen, Natani's head must be pretty crowded in this. ;)
Also, I think the real important question is, If Laura!Tani got freaky with Keith, would it count as an orgy? S:P

User avatar
Grand Templar
Posts: 1327
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:47 pm
Location: Mekkan Raceway
Contact:

Re: Sketch of the Day

#2968 Post by jacobc62 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:46 am

steelabjur wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:30 am
tony1695 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:23 pm
Ddraig wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:25 am
The things I've actually gotten from Ikea have been a somewhat complex assembly, but had very good instructions once I'd figured out the scheme and came with lots of spare screws/dowels/etc in a separate bag. Tbh I think it comes from people tossing the instructions immediately and assuming they can figure it out. Their instructions (at least for what I got) didn't even require reading, just match the symbols on the bag to the one on the chart to make sure you had the right piece (not just one that looked right)
My bad Ikea experiences have all been from screw holes being maybe half to a full centimeter off from where they should be, requiring brute force or a power drill to make a hole in the right place.

Anyway, on to today's sketch, Clumsy Ghost Laura! And the DA link, because Tom made this much a good deal lewder than I had envisioned the whole thing.
And Natani asking the important question, how does a ghost trip?
Given the presence of Young!Tani and Zen, Natani's head must be pretty crowded in this. ;)
Also, I think the real important question is, If Laura!Tani got freaky with Keith, would it count as an orgy? S:P
Well let's see.... You have Keith and Natani... Then you have Zen, Young!Natani, and Laura.... Clovis should he regain access to his backdoor entrance to Zen and Nat's link......... Anyone else we could see being thrown into the dog-pile.......? S:P
Image
Image
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

User avatar
Templar GrandMaster
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:52 am
Location: Alternate Mekkan where Keidrans live long lives

Re: Sketch of the Day

#2969 Post by Hulk10 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:09 am

Laura falling into Natani is pretty funny. :flora:
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

User avatar
Templar GrandMaster
Posts: 618
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:08 pm

Re: Sketch of the Day

#2970 Post by SpottedKitty » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:30 am

Lightice wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:40 am
SpottedKitty wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:53 am
Quick question about the shuffled-to-DA sketches and colourings — are they shrunk a bit compared to the originals still up on Patreon? The last couple seem to be about 2/3 to 3/4 the average size of the ones I've seen before.
Nope. Click the Download-button on the upper right to see the pictures in full res, which is exactly the same as Patreon's. On the other hand, on Patreon it's possible to sometimes get an automatic upscale, which is not the original res, if you're not careful.
Great, thanks! Been on DA for years and never noticed the click-to-enlarge max size doesn't necessarily match the pixel dimensions on the Download button.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Post Reply