Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Re: Sketch of the Day

#3451 Post by Technic[Bot] »

aitaituo wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:59 am Kat's always appeared to be in fairly good shape. She's no bodybuilder, but you can tell she has good sized muscles through her fur. Muscle is a lot denser than fat. She's also "top heavy."
Never said she was out of shape. sShe is a bit heavier than a common female human her height. But we'll inside normal bounds.
Personally I can't see her muscles but that is probably my not good eyesight but she does seem to be if a stocky and solid build. And she is definitely top heavy. That is what I meant when I said women store fat in more "convenient" places.

Anyhow since probably everyone else is still sleeping. I guess I will post today's sketch:
Aparently in fox culture baths are reciprocal. As demonstrated by Bath time Laura .
On that note Laura seems like a small, shy and meek woman but whenever she wants to get "down and personal" she. Really doesn't beat it around the bush.

-Edit
Well got beat to the Punch.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#3452 Post by aitaituo »

I thought the question was whether Kat's weight is physically realistic given her appearance. Her BMI is 24, which is indeed normal and healthy, but is not normally that thin. Her muscles aren't super obvious, but you can tell by where her curves are not, at the ends of her forearms, at her knees, and at her calves. If her weight was that high from fat, she'd have noticeable thickness in those spots and the curvature would be different. She has pretty well developed forearms, calves, and quadriceps. And lower abs and glutes, which are also distinctive as muscle curvature rather than fat curvature. She is clearly neglecting her upper arm muscles, though. Still, I think you need to factor in her ample chest, large tail, and fur to get to 150.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#3453 Post by Hulk10 »

aitaituo wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:47 am I thought the question was whether Kat's weight is physically realistic given her appearance. Her BMI is 24, which is indeed normal and healthy, but is not normally that thin. Her muscles aren't super obvious, but you can tell by where her curves are not, at the ends of her forearms, at her knees, and at her calves. If her weight was that high from fat, she'd have noticeable thickness in those spots and the curvature would be different. She has pretty well developed forearms, calves, and quadriceps. And lower abs and glutes, which are also distinctive as muscle curvature rather than fat curvature. She is clearly neglecting her upper arm muscles, though. Still, I think you need to factor in her ample chest, large tail, and fur to get to 150.
She and Flora are very sexy, though Flora isn't as developed as Kat.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

NuclearBird
Master

#3454 Post by NuclearBird »

aitaituo wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:23 am Today Bathtime for Laura was colorized.
"At once, mistress..."
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#3455 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

And smexyness intensifies with vixen keith, now in color :keith: :natani:
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#3456 Post by MuonNeutrino »

And in today's piece, we have the two best characters in the comic enjoying some family bonding time, now in glorious color!

Rose and Raine Festival

(Also I made a fan edit because having young!Rose and current!Raine in the same image was making my inner timeline nerd twitch, so I fixed it. :grin:)

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#3457 Post by Technic[Bot] »

aitaituo wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:47 am I thought the question was whether Kat's weight is physically realistic given her appearance. Her BMI is 24, which is indeed normal and healthy, but is not normally that thin. Her muscles aren't super obvious, but you can tell by where her curves are not, at the ends of her forearms, at her knees, and at her calves. If her weight was that high from fat, she'd have noticeable thickness in those spots and the curvature would be different. She has pretty well developed forearms, calves, and quadriceps. And lower abs and glutes, which are also distinctive as muscle curvature rather than fat curvature. She is clearly neglecting her upper arm muscles, though. Still, I think you need to factor in her ample chest, large tail, and fur to get to 150.
I am by far the least qualified person to discuss "anatomical fat distribution" with. Lets just say that I always "skipped anatomy class" . But I do think she looks normal for that weigth specially considering the features you mentioned.
MuonNeutrino wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:24 pm And in today's piece, we have the two best characters in the comic enjoying some family bonding time, now in glorious color!

Rose and Raine Festival

(Also I made a fan edit because having young!Rose and current!Raine in the same image was making my inner timeline nerd twitch, so I fixed it. :grin:)
I really love this one, specially the detail of lighting and shadows in it. Toms used to use lighting effects very sparingly but he seems more confident about them these days. And love the idle calmness of both, they deserve the quality time together specially when the rest of their family is not that good to begin with.
On the topic of the hair: Considering that in this world changing species is a real possibility albeit uncommon i Imagine hair dyes and aesthetic magic is something commonplace.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster

#3458 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:55 amOn the topic of the hair: Considering that in this world changing species is a real possibility albeit uncommon i Imagine hair dyes and aesthetic magic is something commonplace.
Of the two, I'd imagine magic to be the more likely, or at least compared to hair dye that could reproduce her original natural hair color so well. We already know that illusion magic that can alter one's appearance is a well-understood thing, so this would seem like a natural application of it and I could totally see it being a thing, human (and perhaps keidran) vanity being what it is. But whichever one, Rose at least doesn't seem interested in hiding her age with such things, at least judging by her various appearances so far. That's not to say it couldn't happen, but it would represent a change from her usual portrayal for sure. (Also, she's got much closer to her original eye color here *and* her original nose-tip color, not to mention the lack of the fine lines at the corners of her eyes that have been present most of the time in her current portrayal.) Personally I'm just assuming Tom felt like drawing young!Rose for whatever reason, even if the out-of-timeline-ness of it does bug me. :grin:

Tyger42
Apprentice

#3459 Post by Tyger42 »

Lordadmiral Drake wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:09 am And smexyness intensifies with vixen keith, now in color :keith: :natani:
We got a DA link? :p

Bad Bart

#3460 Post by Bad Bart »

Tyger42 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:56 pm
Lordadmiral Drake wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:09 am And smexyness intensifies with vixen keith, now in color :keith: :natani:
We got a DA link? :p
Try this

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3461 Post by tony1695 »

Vixens, Vixens Everywhere, and Mike is deeply concerned.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

NuclearBird
Master

#3462 Post by NuclearBird »

tony1695 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:20 am Vixens, Vixens Everywhere, and Mike is deeply concerned.
Looks like things are about to get...

Foxy.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#3463 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Well, for now they are getting windy, with Maddie in a wind tunnel
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster

#3464 Post by MuonNeutrino »

And for today, we have young!Raine and Rose being absolutely stinkin' adorable in:

Baking with Raine

I am deliriously happy to have gotten two pieces in such quick succession featuring the two best characters in the comic. :grin:

This reminds me of the sort of thing I did once or twice as a kid - not because I grew up in a cabin, but just because I was the sort of literal-minded child who really liked everything to be precise and exact. (Not to say I don't still find it satisfying for things to be precise and exact, but I've learned when that's actually necessary and when it's not!) I also like that Raine is got up in full chef's outfit with the coat, hat, and even a hairnet, because that's what you're supposed to do even though it's hardly necessary just for making cookies. It's so d'aww. :grin:

I realllllllly want this one colored...

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#3465 Post by Dadrobit »

Lordadmiral Drake wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:11 pm Well, for now they are getting windy, with Maddie in a wind tunnel
\o/ For Science!

Actually had this one on the backburner ever since the Alaric/Maddie sparring session. Surprised it got through so fast! :mrgrin: