Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

Re: Sketch of the Day

#2791 Post by MuonNeutrino »

AmigaDragon wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:16 pm Isn't that kinda what Kat wants?
Not really, imo. She's in love with him, and she wants him to love her back. She wants him to love her. Here he's just hitting on her while too drunk to recognize her. In a way it just underscores how she can't have what she wants - how he can only see her that way when he can't even recognize who she is, and worse, how he's open to everyone except her.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#2792 Post by Dadrobit »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:32 pm
AmigaDragon wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:16 pm Isn't that kinda what Kat wants?
Not really, imo. She's in love with him, and she wants him to love her back. She wants him to love her. Here he's just hitting on her while too drunk to recognize her. In a way it just underscores how she can't have what she wants - how he can only see her that way when he can't even recognize who she is, and worse, how he's open to everyone except her.
The plot twist being "In vino veritas" or "In wine is truth". :mrgrin:

steelabjur
Council Member

#2793 Post by steelabjur »

NuclearBird wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:03 pm Image
Just a drawing of Flora

See the title above.

And the next one is Drunk Eric
It's all a setup by Kat, I'm sure of it.

Spoiler! Regarding the recent Patreon drama and how it affects non-Patron fans
I wanted to ask you guys on the matter of the now paywall-locked content Tom puts up on his Patreon. ("sexually suggestive" art specifically, Mean Girls and Adira Daki for example) Tom said in his announcement that he'll cross-post his art to DeviantArt from now on, and gave his permission to repost his art elsewhere. I'm asking because we probably should archive said posts somewhere safe in case something happens over on Patreon.
Tail saber from Kat is cute. :)

steelabjur
Council Member

#2794 Post by steelabjur »

Goth Laura doing a little voodoo.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#2795 Post by Hulk10 »

steelabjur wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:41 pm Goth Laura doing a little voodoo.
Or maybe making a doll of her true love.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#2796 Post by Shockwave07 »

Saw "courting the King" on DA. Man if King Adelaide agrees not only will tails be straightened, but noses will be bleeding.

Excuse me...

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#2797 Post by tony1695 »

Here's the DeviantArt link to Courting the King, and here's the Patreon link.

Apologies if I'm not allowed to link to the sketches that fall under "patron only".
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#2798 Post by Technic[Bot] »

tony1695 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:11 pm Here's the DeviantArt link to Courting the King, and here's the Patreon link.

Apologies if I'm not allowed to link to the sketches that fall under "patron only".
Does she have death wish or something? I know Natani is big and strong and all that. But i am not sure if he is strong "enough to survive" the king.
In the other hand if I am not mistaken Tom gave permission to repost his work anywhere since the Patreon debacle.
NuclearBird wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:03 pm -snip-
Spoiler! Regarding the recent Patreon drama and how it affects non-Patron fans
I wanted to ask you guys on the matter of the now paywall-locked content Tom puts up on his Patreon. ("sexually suggestive" art specifically, Mean Girls and Adira Daki for example) Tom said in his announcement that he'll cross-post his art to DeviantArt from now on, and gave his permission to repost his art elsewhere. I'm asking because we probably should archive said posts somewhere safe in case something happens over on Patreon.
Spoiler!
Honestly i would be more worried about previous works that wont be accessible anymore for the broad public. Also big kudos to Tom he would be in his right to keep some of his content gated but he choose to let everything free for everyone.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

NuclearBird
Master

#2799 Post by NuclearBird »

tony1695 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:11 pm Here's the DeviantArt link to Courting the King, and here's the Patreon link.

For once it's Adelaide who's flustered. I like it.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#2800 Post by tony1695 »

Daniels & Therie - Escape in colour.
I'm not sure what to say, I dunno what words to use in response to these scenarios.
Gentlementlemen

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#2801 Post by TheMouse »

Oh, this ship is sailing.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#2802 Post by Warrl »

tony1695 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:58 pm Daniels & Therie - Escape in colour.
Hm...

The "Wanted" posters... the top one appears to be a wolf-keidran in profile, and is wanted for being keidran.

The bottom one looks like either a keidran or Karen Taverndotter, face-on, but is labeled "deserter".

Karen is not military and probably too young to be military, so not a deserter. Who would want to arrest a keidran *just* for being keidran, but also want to arrest another keidran as a deserter?

And given that the Duke of Edinmire and Grand Templar is talking about marrying a tiger-keidran, it's unlikely that Daniels would have to desert to stay with Therie. This is in addition to neither poster matching him. So it's unclear why they need to escape.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#2803 Post by aitaituo »

In the sketch version I thought it was a poster of Daniels in his helmet, but the color version does look more like a keidran.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#2804 Post by Schrodinger »

Seems that this won't have a happy ending. The Master Seer knows.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#2805 Post by tony1695 »

Warrl wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:07 amSo it's unclear why they need to escape.
Escape implies some sort of active pursuit. Feels like the wrong word choice. Are they just leaving in the hopes of finding a safer place to raise their child, or is there a active witchhunt going on that we simply can't see due to the limited scope of the piece? After all, it's common knowledge that hybrids just aren't possible. Did someone see the baby, decide it was proof that Daniels or Therie is practising magic most foul and has led the Templar to his home to deal with a potential threat? We simply can't know, not without more pieces set in this little story.
Gentlementlemen