Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

Re: Sketch of the Day

#3541 Post by AmigaDragon »

Not Keith's first spoon. then again, this might not be either, I'd have to search back to see.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Warrl
Grand Templar

#3542 Post by Warrl »

Keith's tail looks thicker than usual in that shot.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#3543 Post by Warrl »

Not sure where to put this, but Mark Stanley did a cameo strip for the April 1 update of Freefall. Flora is one of the characters in it, and Tom showed up in its forum to comment on it (he's friendly).

The characters' comments all make sense in the context of the history and current events in Freefall.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#3544 Post by aitaituo »

Somehow the Raine reference sheet was only the #3 color vote for March.

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#3545 Post by jacobc62 »

#4 color vote was a Display of Power. Too bad Nora has never met Raine, 'cuz I would LOVE to see that relationship.
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#3546 Post by DariusL »

jacobc62 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:30 pm Too bad Nora has never met Raine, 'cuz I would LOVE to see that relationship.
I'm sure this will happen sooner or later and will be pretty important event in the story.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#3547 Post by Ddraig »

ticoun wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:47 pm
jacobc62 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:30 pm Too bad Nora has never met Raine, 'cuz I would LOVE to see that relationship.
I'm sure this will happen sooner or later and will be pretty important event in the story.
iirc Tom had Nora go hibernate because she was just too OP to keep in as a regular character (and given her connections she couldn't really be anything but without good reason). I sincerely doubt we'll see her again barring something like the Memory Scan thing Reni did
but if it did? I imagine Nora would be very curious to figure Raine out
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#3548 Post by aitaituo »

Today Tom finally confirms that Kat is best girl

Warrl
Grand Templar

#3549 Post by Warrl »

aitaituo wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:28 pm Today Tom finally confirms that Kat is best girl
Flora can't be Best Girl - she's going to be the Bride.

The only other females she knows well at this point are Kat, Natani, and Madelyn. I don't see Natani being ready to accept an explicitly female role in a public ceremony involving important public figures (such as the wedding of the Grand Templar Trace Legacy, Duke of Edinmire). And Madness... no, just no.

So Kat must be Best Girl.

Kyrit
Templar

#3550 Post by Kyrit »

Warrl wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:27 am
aitaituo wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:28 pm Today Tom finally confirms that Kat is best girl
Flora can't be Best Girl - she's going to be the Bride.

The only other females she knows well at this point are Kat, Natani, and Madelyn. I don't see Natani being ready to accept an explicitly female role in a public ceremony involving important public figures (such as the wedding of the Grand Templar Trace Legacy, Duke of Edinmire). And Madness... no, just no.

So Kat must be Best Girl.
I believe the sketch is meant to imply that Maeve is best girl, given the award around her neck.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#3551 Post by Hulk10 »

I think Flora is best girl. She is really cute.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#3552 Post by aitaituo »

Kyrit wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:25 am I believe the sketch is meant to imply that Maeve is best girl, given the award around her neck.
I thought conspiracy theorism of this sort might emerge. If you look closely, Kat is holding the Best Girl Award behind her back. Maeve's confused look clearly indicates that Kat surprised Maeve by putting the Best Girl Medal on Maeve while no one was looking. Best girl is modest and humble. QED, Kat is clearly best girl.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#3553 Post by Dadrobit »

aitaituo wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:55 pm
Kyrit wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:25 am I believe the sketch is meant to imply that Maeve is best girl, given the award around her neck.
I thought conspiracy theorism of this sort might emerge. If you look closely, Kat is holding the Best Girl Award behind her back. Maeve's confused look clearly indicates that Kat surprised Maeve by putting the Best Girl Medal on Maeve while no one was looking. Best girl is modest and humble. QED, Kat is clearly best girl.
I don't think she's holding an award behind her back. She's just holding her forearm with her other hand behind her back and the hand isn't well defined. Tom's memed about his hand drawing abilities before. "How do I draw hands? Draw them wrong and hope no one notices."

***EDIT***

Also this contest is a bust since neither of the Adelaides were included.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3554 Post by tony1695 »

So, today we get to see a much nicer side to the Guardian statue/golem today with Stone Lick. I cannot imagine that would be a very pleasant experience, regardless of how much good intent there is.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

vevans0009
New Citizen

#3555 Post by vevans0009 »

Sad that the lizard statue is a guy. 8(