Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

steelabjur
Council Member

Re: Sketch of the Day

#2866 Post by steelabjur »

Shockwave07 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:34 pm Truth, doubt, or lie?

Definitely lie! His hands can't quite fit over those breasts!
Plus she has vestigial horns above her ears, a pointed tail, wrong strips, a heart-shaped mark, GLOWING EYES... ;)

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#2867 Post by Hulk10 »

steelabjur wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:59 am

Plus she has vestigial horns above her ears, a pointed tail, wrong strips, a heart-shaped mark, GLOWING EYES... ;)
Yeah he is clearly suspecting something.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

JohnTheWysard
Apprentice

#2868 Post by JohnTheWysard »

Hulk10 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:13 am

Or wondering "Well, how much hanky-panky will I be able to get away with now, without the REAL Flora finding out?"

steelabjur
Council Member

#2869 Post by steelabjur »

In Not Another Life, Clovis Has a "Bad Dream" starring his right hand wolf, Brutus.

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#2870 Post by Foxx Trotter »

JunkerFox wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:26 pm
steelabjur wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:51 pm In Not Another Life, Clovis Has a "Bad Dream" starring his right hand wolf, Brutus.
I've already shuffled it
https://i.imgur.com/XVI01V2.png
Max Headroom approves.
Videre videnda.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#2871 Post by Technic[Bot] »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:34 pm
steelabjur wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:53 pmJust spitballing here:

<list of arcana snipped>
<Even more Arcana snip>
Just here to say this suddenly felt like a persona (the game) thread for a second!
steelabjur wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:37 am Maid Clovis can dust the top of my bookshelves any day! :wink:
How is this considered] safe enough by the new Patreon Standards and something like Mean girls or the recent Flora trust me is not? No really I am seriously asking. i do not get it...
On that last sketch thought
tony1695 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:49 pm
Ddraig wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:32 pm
tony1695 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:02 pm Flora, Trust Me
Nora, your obsession is becoming legitimately creepy now.
You mean it wasn't before?
At least then she wasn't trying to trick him into infidelity.
Nora walks that thin line between trickster dragon and evil demi-god playing and torturing mere mortals because she finds it interesting...
steelabjur wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:51 pm In Not Another Life, Clovis Has a "Bad Dream" starring his right hand wolf, Brutus.
Just a rant about Clovis, again turned out larger than expected so i spoilered for convenience.
Spoiler!
There is always something about Clovis sketches that gives me the creeps. Specially this one. I know i am probably just looking too deep into this but: we are basically seeing someone slowly loosing control of his own body and apparently his mind. Yeah i know he is supposed to be evil, really evil ,the kind that straps girls into train tracks simply because he is evil. Oh and also to advance the plot and make the hero look good. So the punishment is well deserved and it is ok to laugh at him and all that...
But at least to me, it seems excessive, pointless, as he is still pretty damn evil and needlessly cruel. But I am probably just over analyzing this...
Also have not read the dragon Masquerade if not evident by now.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#2872 Post by Hulk10 »

JohnTheWysard wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:40 am
Hulk10 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:13 am

Or wondering "Well, how much hanky-panky will I be able to get away with now, without the REAL Flora finding out?"
Hmm funny but I still think he's suspicious.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#2873 Post by aitaituo »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:20 am Just a rant about Clovis, again turned out larger than expected so i spoilered for convenience.
Spoiler!
There is always something about Clovis sketches that gives me the creeps. Specially this one. I know i am probably just looking too deep into this but: we are basically seeing someone slowly loosing control of his own body and apparently his mind. Yeah i know he is supposed to be evil, really evil ,the kind that straps girls into train tracks simply because he is evil. Oh and also to advance the plot and make the hero look good. So the punishment is well deserved and it is ok to laugh at him and all that...
But at least to me, it seems excessive, pointless, as he is still pretty damn evil and needlessly cruel. But I am probably just over analyzing this...
Also have not read the dragon Masquerade if not evident by now.
Glad I'm not the only one. There's a humiliation theme in almost all of them. It kind of puts an uncomfortable notion behind the reason why Natani was written as a character trapped in the wrong body.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#2874 Post by aitaituo »

ThunderVolt wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:03 am I could care less about the development of the characters. The sketches aren't canon, so if we removed the whole sketch element entirely, Clovis would still be painted as terrible anyway.

Besides, this is what the FANS want. So if you're looking for someone to blame, it's in front of ya, LOL
There's a lot of forced feminization/sissification fetishists here? I know we're pervs, but I can't recall seeing anyone express that particular brand of perviness. I've read probably hundreds of discussions re Natani, but not a one saying yeah, feel that humiliation, boy, I want more of that. Clovis is a villain, sure, but Trace is too, so it's out of character for Tom and the forum to follow the karmic jackhammer approach here. Clovis is even fully cognizant of his past actions and the reasons he has ended up with this punishment, unlike Trace who got a karma reset. In the sketches and the strip, Clovis hasn't been shown to have continued his sexist dickery after Nora cursed him, IIRC.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#2875 Post by MuonNeutrino »

aitaituo wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:41 amClovis is a villain, sure, but Trace is too, so it's out of character for Tom and the forum to follow the karmic jackhammer approach here.
I think it's less just because he's a villain, and more because he's such an intensely *dislikable* villain. Trace was a villain, sure, but he's a fairly likable character now which makes it harder to hate on him. And even when he was a villain, while thoroughly evil on a scale that leaves Clovis in the dust, he did have a relatively sympathetic/tragic background and displayed less *personal* sliminess and jerkassery. Clovis, on the other hand, seems to be more "I'm evil because I like it and I can get away with it and I have no redeeming qualities at all". He *enjoys* being bad, he revels in the power and his ability to punish people and make them dance to his will. Trace thought he was doing the right thing. Clovis doesn't *care* about doing the right thing. He's a more selfish and hedonistic and arrogant brand of villainy, and between that and the fact that we've seen his villainy more up close and personally than we've seen evil!Trace's, it makes for a more easily viscerally dislikable character IMO. And so, between that and the fanservice possibilities, IMO that explains why people feel more comfortable to make suggestions that 'punish' him like that.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#2876 Post by Warrl »

aitaituo wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:41 amThere's a lot of forced feminization/sissification fetishists here? I know we're pervs, but I can't recall seeing anyone express that particular brand of perviness. I've read probably hundreds of discussions re Natani, but not a one saying yeah, feel that humiliation, boy, I want more of that. Clovis is a villain, sure, but Trace is too, so it's out of character for Tom and the forum to follow the karmic jackhammer approach here. Clovis is even fully cognizant of his past actions and the reasons he has ended up with this punishment, unlike Trace who got a karma reset. In the sketches and the strip, Clovis hasn't been shown to have continued his sexist dickery after Nora cursed him, IIRC.
Trace is an ex-villain likeable protagonist. Clovis is clearly still a villain and I don't recall anything rendering him likeable. I put the abuse he takes in these user-requested sketches as the sort of thing people like to imagine doing to villains/enemies, but most people wouldn't even if they could.

Flip side of that, for the most recent one, the reality is that sexual attraction is not strictly mental and not strictly physical. It's a blend of the mind and the body. Clovis transformed to a female body probably would experience feelings of this kind, although not necessarily to this degree.

steelabjur
Council Member

#2877 Post by steelabjur »

I'm not going to look too deeply into it, but I've always took the fact that he was, and still is, a horrible misogynist as what makes this sort of sketch a "punishment" to begin with. Sort of like taking :redhair: and turning him into a Keidran would have been a punishment at one point (but he's fighting to overcome his prejudice, which is what makes him a protagonist and ruins the "punishment" aspect). Take Maid Clovis and one of the many times Keith was put in that same outfit/position, for example.

Oh, have some snow mews Winter Sun Bathing. Just because.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#2878 Post by Technic[Bot] »

ThunderVolt wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:03 am I could care less about the development of the characters. The sketches aren't canon, so if we removed the whole sketch element entirely, Clovis would still be painted as terrible anyway.
Besides, this is what the FANS want. So if you're looking for someone to blame, it's in front of ya, LOL
Oh I know this is extremely popular in the requests and has a very positive reception in the comments, both in deviantart, patreon and even here.
aitaituo wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:41 am There's a lot of forced feminization/sissification fetishists here? I know we're pervs, but I can't recall seeing anyone express that particular brand of perviness. I've read probably hundreds of discussions re Natani, but not a one saying yeah, feel that humiliation, boy, I want more of that. Clovis is a villain, sure, but Trace is too, so it's out of character for Tom and the forum to follow the karmic jackhammer approach here. Clovis is even fully cognizant of his past actions and the reasons he has ended up with this punishment, unlike Trace who got a karma reset. In the sketches and the strip, Clovis hasn't been shown to have continued his sexist dickery after Nora cursed him, IIRC.
Transformation and gender-bent are, for what I gather, are quite popular themes in here. Also yes Clovis sent Carver to find and/or kill Zen and company even after his curse.
MuonNeutrino wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:20 pm I think it's less just because he's a villain, and more because he's such an intensely *dislikable* villain. Trace was a villain, sure, but he's a fairly likable character now which makes it harder to hate on him. And even when he was a villain, while thoroughly evil on a scale that leaves Clovis in the dust, he did have a relatively sympathetic/tragic background and displayed less *personal* sliminess and jerkassery. Clovis, on the other hand, seems to be more "I'm evil because I like it and I can get away with it and I have no redeeming qualities at all". He *enjoys* being bad, he revels in the power and his ability to punish people and make them dance to his will. Trace thought he was doing the right thing. Clovis doesn't *care* about doing the right thing. He's a more selfish and hedonistic and arrogant brand of villainy, and between that and the fact that we've seen his villainy more up close and personally than we've seen evil!Trace's, it makes for a more easily viscerally dislikable character IMO. And so, between that and the fanservice possibilities, IMO that explains why people feel more comfortable to make suggestions that 'punish' him like that.
This right here. Trace was/is horrible in his own right. But he had a reason and a method to his madness, he was a nuanced villain something Clovis can't claim. As you point out he is evil, for the sake of evil sometimes to the point of caricature. That is why he reminds me of those old school villains whit top had and mustache who main, and only, hobby is to strap young women to trains tracks to kill them. Only to be stopped by the hero, the cowboy/ knight in shinning armor.
Hopefully if and when he is incorporated into the main story we have a more detailed version about his motivations. If at the end he is completely irredeemable a psychopath or something, well you imprison him in a facility and throw away the key if you are against the death penalty or put one between his eyes if you are not. Making him suffer for all his life if quite pointless in my opinion.
steelabjur wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:30 pm Oh, have some snow mews Winter Sun Bathing. Just because.
I always thought their winter coat was a bit heavy for a coastal town. But now i see it has it perks!
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#2879 Post by tony1695 »

This time we have a sketch for those with an eye for the guys, Shower Keith! No DA link yet.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

NuclearBird
Master

#2880 Post by NuclearBird »

tony1695 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:17 pm This time we have a sketch for those with an eye for the guys, Shower Keith! No DA link yet.
Showering with your loincloth on? So uncivilized, even by Basitin standards.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.