Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Sketch of the Day

#3856 Post by Bellhead »

Snow Leopard Courting Finesse. Riiiight.

Also, am I the only one who thinks the explorer's face looks like a chicken in panel 2? It just struck me as a BcCaaak! moment.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#3857 Post by Shockwave07 »

Bellhead wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:18 am Snow Leopard Courting Finesse. Riiiight.

Also, am I the only one who thinks the explorer's face looks like a chicken in panel 2? It just struck me as a BcCaaak! moment.
I actually thought that when I clicked on the thumbnail!

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3858 Post by tony1695 »

Bellhead wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:18 am Snow Leopard Courting Finesse. Riiiight.

You gotta remember that Keidran view the act of sex very differently. As long as the female isn't in heat, it's just an activity that two Keidran of opposite genders take part in. Though we can't be sure the female snowmew is just messing with the poor woman.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#3859 Post by Bellhead »

tony1695 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:16 am

You gotta remember that Keidran view the act of sex very differently. As long as the female isn't in heat, it's just an activity that two Keidran of opposite genders take part in. Though we can't be sure the female snowmew is just messing with the poor woman.
Well, yeah, but I was referring more to how Adira said they were "particular" for keidran, then starts with the typical keidran passtime as a greeting. Seems awful general an activity for being particular, about as subtle as a brick to the head, with all the finesse of a drunken blacksmith.

'sall I'm sayin'.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3860 Post by tony1695 »

Bellhead wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:06 am Well, yeah, but I was referring more to how Adira said they were "particular" for keidran, then starts with the typical keidran passtime as a greeting. Seems awful general an activity for being particular, about as subtle as a brick to the head, with all the finesse of a drunken blacksmith.

'sall I'm sayin'.
Which is what leads me to think the snowmew (not Adira, btw, just very similar markings) is just messing with the poor woman.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#3861 Post by TheMouse »

Bellhead wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:06 am

Well, yeah, but I was referring more to how Adira said they were "particular" for keidran, then starts with the typical keidran passtime as a greeting. Seems awful general an activity for being particular, about as subtle as a brick to the head, with all the finesse of a drunken blacksmith.

'sall I'm sayin'.
I've known men for whom that approach is about the most subtle thing that will penetrate. There's reasons for that, which is a whole discussion by itself, but sometimes the "thrown brick" method is the one that works.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#3862 Post by Ddraig »

TheMouse wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:24 pm

'sall I'm sayin'.
I've known men for whom that approach is about the most subtle thing that will penetrate. There's reasons for that, which is a whole discussion by itself, but sometimes the "thrown brick" method is the one that works.
Yes, moderation staff? I'm in this picture and I don't like it

[/joke]
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

steelabjur
Council Member

#3863 Post by steelabjur »

TheMouse wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:24 pm

'sall I'm sayin'.
That's how me and my gf got together! :P

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#3864 Post by Bellhead »

steelabjur wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:24 pmThat's how me and my gf got together! :P
Literally, or figuratively?

On another note, more Kat sadness: Eric meets Evals' sister.

steelabjur
Council Member

#3865 Post by steelabjur »

Bellhead wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:08 pm
steelabjur wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:24 pmThat's how me and my gf got together! :P

Figuratively, of course. I can be quite dense at times. ;)

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#3866 Post by Bellhead »

steelabjur wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:02 am

Too bad. Would've been a helluva first date. :P

steelabjur
Council Member

#3867 Post by steelabjur »

Bellhead wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:05 am
steelabjur wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:02 am

Too bad. Would've been a helluva first date. :P
Nah, our first date was after I spent the week traveling across the US via Greyhound Bus lines to meet her in person for the first time (from southern OH to OR). We went to see "Me, Myself, and Irene" and out to eat (after I spent half the day in bed recovering from being on busses for a solid week with no breaks :P ). Now that I think about it, the brick would've probably been better, quicker and less painful. ;)

Speaking of long term commitments, today we got Traditional Tiger Ceremony. Our explorers have gone fully native and marry the tigers of their dreams!
Tom wrote:The tigresses use magic to make the fire dance. Couples walk into the fire and must trust the Shaman to protect them from the flames. Clothes are burned away and they step out reborn. Any newcomers are then accepted into the tribe.
Tiger Tiger, burning bright,
In the forests of the night;
What immortal hand or eye,
Could frame thy beautiful symmetry?

In what distant deeps or skies.
Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
On what wings dare he aspire?
What the hand, dared seize that fire?

And what shoulder, & what art,
Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
And when thy heart began to beat,
What blessed hand? & what blessed feet?

When the stars threw down their spears
And water'd heaven with their tears:
Did he smile his work to see?
Did he who made me make thee?

Tiger Tiger, burning bright,
In the forests of the night;
What immortal hand or eye,
Could frame thy beautiful symmetry?

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#3868 Post by TheMouse »

Brutus once again proving that he is husband #1.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Tyger42
Apprentice

#3869 Post by Tyger42 »

TheMouse wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:53 am Brutus once again proving that he is husband #1.
Is it just me or does the line to Clovis' speech bubble in the bottom look like a heart? :mrgreen:

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#3870 Post by BadFoMo »

I love lore.
Also, this relevant to my ‘Going Native/Tribal’ interests.

I’ve been thinking about this; anyone else this that Clovis is going to end up with amnesia like Trace and believe that he is Clovis’ sister?

I’m sorry, I can’t be quite about this anymore. While I don’t think I’m against it, I feel that this whole ‘Nibbly being more than just a Squirrel’ thing has the potential to break the comic; even if it doesn’t come completely out of left field!

Also, we have three sketches here.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!