Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Re: Sketch of the Day

#4081 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Alea wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:48 pm Willow's Mother returns in full colour, along with a lore dump:
Spoiler!
Deep in the forest, Laura meets Willow's "Mother" - the source of the fay.

Willow's mother was originally a beautiful young dragon, one of the very first born. As a child, she was a rambunctious risk-taker, having been told by her own mother that dragons were immortal, and thus she had nothing to fear. But one day, she became injured, and was told to be more careful. That even though dragons were biologically immortal and would never die of old age, she could be killed like any other creature.

The thought terrified the young dragoness. Not just the thought of death, but the idea that, unlike other creatures who had finite lives, when she died, she would be missing out on a potentially infinite life she could have otherwise lived, and that no matter how long she lived, it was inevitable. Death became a specter, lurking everywhere. She needed safety.

One day, she found an enormous field of black mana crystals deep in the forest. Black crystals commonly form around battlefields where many have died. She could feel their power and was sure this was the answer to her fears. She fed off of them, believing they would last her forever. And though the crystals shrunk only imperceptive, year after year, they did eventually begin to run out. By then her natural dragon magic had been entirely replaced by the substance made from souls, and she desperately needed more.

Fearing to go out herself, she used her shapeshifting in an unnatural way and split off pieces of herself to send into the world outside her forest. First to gather black mana from other battlefields and places of death. And then, when those sources became rarer, to find any people who have died recently and bring their life force back. When even that wasn't enough, in desperation, she sent her wisps to lead wandering travelers astray to their deaths. The more she split herself, the less like a dragon she became. Travelers would come to call the strange creatures the fay.

Willow was one such creature, a wisp, but became lost and eventually developed her own personality, and a fear of ever returning to her "mother" else she might consume her once more.

But you know, other than the murdering, she's pretty nice.
Hay San Patricio....

I am sure that In some other timeline Twokinds is known as a horror webcomic and is regarded as one of the most disturbing things in the internet...
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#4082 Post by stlsf4003 »

Nibbly's new rug now in color! And perhaps a peak into the near future of a certain wolven mercenary. :twisted:
the lurking furry railroader

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#4083 Post by Technic[Bot] »

stlsf4003 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:38 pm Nibbly's new rug now in color! And perhaps a peak into the near future of a certain wolven mercenary. :twisted:
What I find the most disturbing about this piece, beside Nibs nonchalantly using her most recent kill as a rug. Is she has Blue eyes. Last comic page we very clearly saw squirrel Nibs has very brown eyes. I wonder if that is a continuity error or if it is an intentional detail and if it is supposed to mean anything. Also her hair I am still not convinced about it...
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Iron Ed
Merchant

#4084 Post by Iron Ed »

"Dragon Slayers" has to be one of my all-time favorite of these Patreon sketches! :nora: :heart: :maeve: :Maddie:
"It followed me home, Mother. Can I eat it?" - Ririt

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#4085 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Iron Ed wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:26 am "Dragon Slayers" has to be one of my all-time favorite of these Patreon sketches! :nora: :heart: :maeve: :Maddie:
It is indeed nice
That being said I think it would have been a nice detail if Nora turned out to actually like kids and act tenderly and doting for a change. That being said she is barely containing herself from turning both into mincemeat and that under normal circumstances she would do exactly that ....

A couple more sketches i wanted to comment on:

First we got everyone favorite artic couple, wait no those are the Giant snow leopard and the human red head... Err second favorite artic couple! Errr Bonding! with ear Scritches. I wanted to mention it because at first it seems like those really specific details you cannot understand what purpose, if any, serve. But I think this one makes sense at the end. I suppose they can move them to 'focus' on different sounds, that means the area is highly innervated which as a side effect would make it very sensitive. This makes sense, their ears developed to be precise hearing instruments, and that made them very sensitive which got repurposed into a social behavior, something for bonding both between partners and close family if i recall correctly. That last bit only makes sense if they had appeared naturally on their world and I think all 3 races were created artificially by the masks.
Also just wanted to add. His boyfriend looks way too simple to me and I her mane makes me think of the stereotypical bearded woman as i can't tell when her mane stops and her hair begins....

Moving on we also have Flora acting like a cat.. Do cats really do that? Never had one myself. In any case this leads me to another theory. I am no experts on large felines but I doubt they do share that many traits with domestic cats. I think that whichever mask created Keidran liked felids and canids but only really knew domestic cats and dogs. Of course he knew what tiger and wolves were but did not knew them personally nor really understood the differences between big cats and you run of the mill Tabby. Hence Tiger Keidran act more as domestic cats, and wolven keidran acts as dogs, Brutus comes to mind as a good example of that.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Warrl
Grand Templar

#4086 Post by Warrl »

Moving on we also have Flora acting like a cat.. Do cats really do that?
Some do, yes. Of those, some are objecting to a closed door within their domain, and some are objecting to being separated from their staff while the staff is still present.
I am no experts on large felines but I doubt they do share that many traits with domestic cats.
You'd be surprised. I've watched a Bengal tiger go nuts over the dot from a laser pointer...

But basically, both domestic dogs and domestic cats are somewhat-infantile versions of their wild kin. More so dogs than cats.

Have you heard the expression "foxes are cat software running on dog hardware"? I read something once about a guy living in a cabin up on the edge of the Arctic, and a fox decided to move into the cabin too. Their relationship was very similar to what you'd expect of a feral cat moving in.

Alea
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: .

#4087 Post by Alea »

For today's post, we have Twokinds High 5.
I swear, this gets closer to being an actual visual novel with every sketch.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#4088 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Alea wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:28 pm For today's post, we have Twokinds High 5.
I swear, this gets closer to being an actual visual novel with every sketch.
Given a couple decades I imagine we would have enough "scenes" were the novel would be basically complete.
So when bored Nora turns half of the baseball team, or maybe just Mike, and then swoops in and shoot a [censored] film of the ensuing chaos? Those are some weird hobbies...

I have mentioned before that i find a bit unsettling the body image issues Flora has specially as a expectant modern. More so given she has a body that I know some women would die for, case in point: Her trying jeans . she is not even that small on the first place.

And finally we have Saria and Rose afterParty I had heard people suggesting this concept more than once, here in the forums, the patreon other places where Twokings is discussed never thought Tom would indulge this idea though

And edit since we got two new sketches i wanted to talk about.

First we have Good morning Reni! It was inevitable really. But this is the kind of sketches that gives more questions than answers. Like why? and how? Personally i think she would have looked better without that, since the thing is clearly retrofited from a normal "gown" it makes little sense in this situation

We also ahve Laura showing off her built in duster Honestly I think dusting stuff just makes the dust flies away somewhere else I prefer using either a vacuum of a wet cloth. Either way I imagine using her tail like that would be quite inconvenient, not only she would raise a hellish cloud dust, and would have problems reaching most places, but she would end with her tail covered in whatever she ends up dusting, leaving aside the hassle of cleaning that i imagine it would be quite uncomfortable.
Yes I am overthinking this and yes i understand that is not the point of the sketch...
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#4089 Post by stlsf4003 »

Today We learn during a behind the scenes peek, that Reni does most of her own stunt work!
the lurking furry railroader

jakesdad

Rumor confirmed

#4090 Post by jakesdad »

Hayate
The Hidden User

Re: Rumor confirmed

#4091 Post by Hayate »

jakesdad wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:57 am Meave Nom Nom Nomming on tail
https://www.deviantart.com/twokinds/art ... -847590026

Real life snow leapords
https://www.reddit.com/r/aww/comments/n ... n_the_day/
I've moved this post here because it did not need its own thread, plus I feel like this probably was a featured sketch at some point.

~Hayate
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#4092 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Today we have Maeve in the modern world, on her first day of school.

Sketch in question

Maeve is adorable, as always, but the uniform she wears makes her even cuter if I do say so myself.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#4093 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Maeve is lovely as usual but.
What is with her red eyed brooch?
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#4094 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:38 am Maeve is lovely as usual but.
Probably some sort of amulet that automatically strikes back against anybody stupid enough to pick on the most adorable kid in school.

Or something; that was just my guess.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#4095 Post by Technic[Bot] »

IHeartMaeve wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:54 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:38 am Maeve is lovely as usual but.
Probably some sort of amulet that automatically strikes back against anybody stupid enough to pick on the most adorable kid in school.

Or something; that was just my guess.
I think it was meant as that slightly disturbing detail in a otherwise pure adorable sketch. Also kinda looks like a Cat Nora Pin, which makes is a bit worse in my book.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide