Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

Re: Sketch of the Day

#1816 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Anyway, I’m starting to agree with what DarthKeidran is saying on the pic’s post itself. Therie is either starting to have genuine feelings for Daniels beyond the bet, or she’s just bordering on obsessed with winning it. Granted, unless it already happened off-screen, so to speak, I have the feeling it’s a smidge too late for the bet to be considered won.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#1817 Post by Cyon »

Rough Territory Map

Can't remember how long I've been waiting to see an updated map of the TK universe!

Also what, aren't dragons to be rare or something? If so, why is there an island full of them supposedly right below Edimire, which suggests we'd have seen or heard of more dragons in the story?
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#1818 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Cyon wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:05 pm Rough Territory Map

Can't remember how long I've been waiting to see an updated map of the TK universe!

Also what, aren't dragons to be rare or something? If so, why is there an island full of them supposedly right below Edimire, which suggests we'd have seen or heard of more dragons in the story?
For reference, in case anyone hasn't seen it, the most recent 'full' map can be found on Tom's deviantart, here.

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#1819 Post by Cyon »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:20 pm

For reference, in case anyone hasn't seen it, the most recent 'full' map can be found on Tom's deviantart, here.
Sidenote, it doesn't feature some of the more recent keidran tribes (or sketch of the day related content such as the merfolk either)
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#1820 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Here’s my question: What does Tom mean, “Former Snow Leopard Territory”? Did they merge with the “other large cat” category, or what?
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#1821 Post by Foxx Trotter »

"ARF! ARF!" How cute, Tom. :P
Videre videnda.

NuclearBird
Master

#1822 Post by NuclearBird »

"Former" Snow Leopard Territory...
I have a bad feeling about that one. Considering that humans do slavery and we've seen snow leopards as far down south as Edinmire...
Yeah. Bad stuff in that place.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#1823 Post by Schrodinger »

A new bit of info on the Northern basitin city, they're apparently exiles. Tom told us on deviantArt and the IRC chat that those were the remnants of a basitin invasion force on the mainland. Probably exiled for dereliction of duty knowing how their bureaucracy works.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

steelabjur
Council Member

#1824 Post by steelabjur »

Likely the TK version of "here there be dragons". Then again, if there are dragons, and they're rare, "a lot" could be like three.

I'm kind of interested on what the White Wolves deal is, they share territory with an isolated human city and Basitin exiles? Are they at peace, or hostile to each other?

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#1825 Post by Dadrobit »

It's also important to note...
Tom on Patreon wrote: it might not be entirely accurate or canon.
So, ya know, grains of salt and all that. :mrgrin:

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#1826 Post by Schrodinger »

Dadrobit wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:17 pm It's also important to note...
Tom on Patreon wrote: it might not be entirely accurate or canon.
So, ya know, grains of salt and all that. :mrgrin:
Authorial [censored] covering.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Warrl
Grand Templar

#1827 Post by Warrl »

About the area marked "Panthers?"

In the real world, depending on how you look at it, there are either NO panthers, or SEVERAL SPECIES of panthers.

There is no species called "panthers". So-called "black panthers" are a melanistic mutation of either jaguars (in the Americas) or leopards (in Africa and Eurasia).

However, there is the genus panthera which includes jaguars, leopards, snow leopards, lions, and tigers; and the subfamily pantherinae which includes all of those plus two species of clouded leopard.

(The other subfamily of felids, the felinae are mostly small cats - but if you say that around a cougar or cheetah, they may take exception.)

Also, somewhat-related side note, foxes are canids but not canines.

The relevance of this to the comic is, of course, questionable... real-world biology doesn't include bipedal sapient felids or canids, and our felids can't cross-breed with our canids (in fact foxes can't cross-breed with canines) - let alone with humans.

-----

As for all the land-based sapient species originating on islands: this seems plausible for a world created rather than evolved - and created by committee (shudder)...

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#1828 Post by BadFoMo »

Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#1829 Post by SpottedKitty »

BadFoMo wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:06 pm Image
<snrk> Red's stuck his tail... now that he (or she) has one... in the clothes wringer again. :potatoes: :redhair: :potatoes:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#1830 Post by tony1695 »

BadFoMo wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:06 pm Image
Red (or would Scarlet be more appropriate now?), take this opportunity to to find out if what Sythe said here is true or not.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD