Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

ClockworkPanda
Citizen

Re: Sketch of the Day

#3046 Post by ClockworkPanda »

Oh hey, as per usual I feel compelled to mention when the Crab returns. This time he might just be ornamental, but close enough :P

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#3047 Post by TheMouse »

NuclearBird wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:34 am
tony1695 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:55 pm And we're starting off with Human Kat. (DA link)
Humina humina humina.
Dear. God. This is one of those rare arts where an erection is the least of all things to happen to the viewer. This one can only be described by words such as striking or stunning.
I can't agree. The more I look the more off this looks and I hate to say that. I love the idea, I love her face, but body proportions, placement, angles. If it hadn't been Tom who posted this, I'd never have believed it was him.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

steelabjur
Council Member

#3048 Post by steelabjur »

Look out Mike, Kat's working with Eric!

NuclearBird
Master

#3049 Post by NuclearBird »

WW2 Pinup Rose

"It'll be a hot time in the town of Berlin when the Yanks come marchin' in..."
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#3050 Post by TheMouse »

NuclearBird wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:58 pm Image
WW2 Pinup Rose

"It'll be a hot time in the town of Berlin when the Yanks come marchin' in..."
Now this! This is what I've come to expect from Tom. Bravo!
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Tyger42
Apprentice

#3051 Post by Tyger42 »

steelabjur wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:15 am Three words: Freckles And Apron (Human Kathrin)
Archiving that. For... Educational purposes...

Freckles...

Tyger42
Apprentice

#3052 Post by Tyger42 »

tony1695 wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:48 pm We once again visit the Maevilyn AU, where Maeve is Meeting Maddie's Mom.
Basitin buildings must be really well put together...
Through it all....the tail casually wrapped around Maeve is adorable.

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#3053 Post by jacobc62 »

Today we see a colored version of Shower for Two as well as a Nora Card giving new life to an older bit of art of Flora showing off just how flexible she can be.... Not like that! Get yer mind out of the gutter!
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#3054 Post by Technic[Bot] »

TheMouse wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:07 pm
NuclearBird wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:34 am
tony1695 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:55 pm And we're starting off with Human Kat. (DA link)
Humina humina humina.
Dear. God. This is one of those rare arts where an erection is the least of all things to happen to the viewer. This one can only be described by words such as striking or stunning.
I can't agree. The more I look the more off this looks and I hate to say that. I love the idea, I love her face, but body proportions, placement, angles. If it hadn't been Tom who posted this, I'd never have believed it was him.
She is standing on an angle respect the viewer. Her her turned left. I am pretty sure we should be able to see her right shoulder from this angle but no. Also her uhm... Waist is not quite congruent with her back. Like she is twisting her ... Lower half in an unnatural way.
Also how is uncolored sketch ok. But the the colored version needs a mature tag?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#3055 Post by aitaituo »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:09 am She is standing on an angle respect the viewer. Her her turned left. I am pretty sure we should be able to see her right shoulder from this angle but no. Also her uhm... Waist is not quite congruent with her back. Like she is twisting her ... Lower half in an unnatural way.
I believe that is the classic "unnatural boobs and butt" pose made famous by Marvel Comics in various covers of female superheroes. The pose isn't really unnatural per se, though it'd be pretty rare to see outside of a photo shoot, but the thinness of the waist is not realistic. Waists aren't substantially thinner than the waist unless you're severely underweight. I think the right shoulder is just obscured by the large apron string.

Arcus_Deer
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: n

#3056 Post by Arcus_Deer »

I don't think the waist looks too bad, but the weird twisting of her spine and the protruding rib cage are definitely unnatural looking. Things like that are way easier to ignore is the character is humanoid and not human.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3057 Post by tony1695 »

"Who's the Lucky Guy?" Aunt Rose asks.
I like the addition of dialogue.

She's only asking so she knows who she can try and bed. She is a Keidran, after all.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#3058 Post by Technic[Bot] »

aitaituo wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:18 am I believe that is the classic "unnatural boobs and butt" pose made famous by Marvel Comics in various covers of female superheroes. The pose isn't really unnatural per se, though it'd be pretty rare to see outside of a photo shoot, but the thinness of the waist is not realistic. Waists aren't substantially thinner than the waist unless you're severely underweight. I think the right shoulder is just obscured by the large apron string.
The thing is: her upper body is turned in one direction and the lower is in another direction. The twisting is indeed possible although not natural and probably a bit painful.
Also mind a bit of clarification about the parts in bold? I really can't tell what you were trying to say sorry...
Arcus_Deer wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:52 pm I don't think the waist looks too bad, but the weird twisting of her spine and the protruding rib cage are definitely unnatural looking. Things like that are way easier to ignore is the character is humanoid and not human.
She is probably just arching her back to "show off" her assets, the protruding rib cage is really not that bid of a deal.
tony1695 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:54 am "Who's the Lucky Guy?" Aunt Rose asks.

She's only asking so she knows who she can try and bed. She is a Keidran, after all.
So they have paw... sorry hand pads? I mean makes sense, would be pretty damn hard to grasp anything with a fur glove. Anyhow is it just me or "metacarpal pads" are upside down?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3059 Post by tony1695 »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:58 am So they have paw... sorry hand pads? I mean makes sense, would be pretty damn hard to grasp anything with a fur glove. Anyhow is it just me or "metacarpal pads" are upside down?
Rose doesn't in the pic, but Raine does. Could be that her biology is a little confused due to being a hybrid.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Warrl
Grand Templar

#3060 Post by Warrl »

tony1695 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:54 am "Who's the Lucky Guy?" Aunt Rose asks.

Well, Raine has slept with Maren...