#4096 Post by Tetrahedron »

https://www.patreon.com/posts/chimera-meets-52957775

I don't know why, bit that is sad.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Re: Sketch of the Day

#4097 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Tetrahedron wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:06 am https://www.patreon.com/posts/chimera-meets-52957775

I don't know why, bit that is sad.
Because Chimera is just trying to be friendly and only gets verbally assaulted back? Or maybe because this is likely how most conversations go for her? Poor thing really.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#4098 Post by AmigaDragon »

Bad Red, Bad alternate version 2nd half, Raine now has the rolled newspaper. :mrgreen:

BTW, what happened to Nora in the Patreon support tiers? Did she get tired of rotating whole houses?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#4099 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Let me resurrect please do not ban me this little thread

We got Professor Raine doing a lore dump about all notable species. And of course being adorable. Happy Raine is best Raine!

I am not particularly fond of cat clans, seems like just: talking cats, which is just not the most creative or interesting idea.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#4100 Post by Tornir »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:22 am Let me resurrect please do not ban me this little thread

We got Professor Raine doing a lore dump about all notable species. And of course being adorable. Happy Raine is best Raine!

I am not particularly fond of cat clans, seems like just: talking cats, which is just not the most creative or interesting idea.
Looks like 15(a) & maybe (b) have you in the clear.
If we take this as Authoritative Canon, could we introduce the small possibility that Mrs Nibbly is secretly a magically proficient cat clan spy?

What's the betting Karen would cause offence by glomping any fluffy northern basitin she encountered?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#4101 Post by Bellhead »

Tornir wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:10 am What's the betting Karen would cause offence by glomping any fluffy northern basitin she encountered?
Probably about as high as the Northern Explorers finding the Basitin village. There was a whole sketch series about them.

Impossible to not glomp the floof.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#4102 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Tornir wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:10 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:22 am Let me resurrect please do not ban me this little thread

Looks like 15(a) & maybe (b) have you in the clear.
If we take this as Authoritative Canon, could we introduce the small possibility that Mrs Nibbly is secretly a magically proficient cat clan spy?

What's the betting Karen would cause offence by glomping any fluffy northern basitin she encountered?
I hope not. As i said i did not really like the idea of talking house cat. Given the current canon Nibs may even be Trace and Nora child which she decided not to mention once he went genocidal maniac, it is likely not the case but it is definitely interesting if i do say so myself.
Bellhead wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:38 am
Tornir wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:10 am What's the betting Karen would cause offence by glomping any fluffy northern basitin she encountered?
Probably about as high as the Northern Explorers finding the Basitin village. There was a whole sketch series about them.

Impossible to not glomp the floof.
Remember to ask permission before you glomp anyones floof
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Tornir
Master

#4103 Post by Tornir »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:27 am
Tornir wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:10 am If we take this as Authoritative Canon, could we introduce the small possibility that Mrs Nibbly is secretly a magically proficient cat clan spy?
I hope not. As i said i did not really like the idea of talking house cat. Given the current canon Nibs may even be Trace and Nora child which she decided not to mention once he went genocidal maniac, it is likely not the case but it is definitely interesting if i do say so myself.
:trace: :heart: :nora: = :squirrel: Yeah, that's another interesting possibility. :) I wonder what relation that would make her to Reni?
I was thinking along the lines of someone that devious [censored] Euchre had hired to subvert the machinations of Clovis' guild* that may harm his own plans.

*I don't believe for one second he doesn't have someone on the inside there.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#4104 Post by Bellhead »

Tornir wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:01 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:27 am
Tornir wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:10 am If we take this as Authoritative Canon, could we introduce the small possibility that Mrs Nibbly is secretly a magically proficient cat clan spy?
:trace: :heart: :nora: = :squirrel: Yeah, that's another interesting possibility. :) I wonder what relation that would make her to Reni?
I was thinking along the lines of someone that devious [censored] Euchre had hired to subvert the machinations of Clovis' guild* that may harm his own plans.

*I don't believe for one second he doesn't have someone on the inside there.
If we go along with that line of thought, it's possible Euchre managed to kidnap (or be given by Nora) a baby dragon with a neural link to him. It's also possible that his projections were engrained into the manor like Rose's, but in a less invasive and destructive way. If memory serves, that one projection of his was the only one we've seen (besides Zen and Nat's link, and Rose herself) of a character's consciousness being seen where they're not. Do we know if that's a common skill? Would the manor's defenses even be able to block it? Rose could sense it, so clearly there's something going on...

Also, Tornir, we advise against self-censoring, as it bypasses the swear filter. Not a really big deal, but just so you know.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Tornir
Master

#4105 Post by Tornir »

Bellhead wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:51 am If we go along with that line of thought, it's possible Euchre managed to kidnap (or be given by Nora) a baby dragon with a neural link to him. It's also possible that his projections were engrained into the manor like Rose's, but in a less invasive and destructive way. If memory serves, that one projection of his was the only one we've seen (besides Zen and Nat's link, and Rose herself) of a character's consciousness being seen where they're not. Do we know if that's a common skill? Would the manor's defences even be able to block it? Rose could sense it, so clearly there's something going on...
I'd say that would have to be consensual in some way. Whatever problems you were trying to solve, I think they'd become insignificant beside the trouble you'd get from the abductee's parent(s).
Projected consciousness seems to be pretty advanced magic. (Could Trace also do it, if he remembered?) I'd assume it'd use mana to anchor the consciousness and build the projection, so that would be detectable to anyone sensitive to such things.
The estate's defences appear to be really tight within the actual buildings, but limited to surveillance out to the borders of the grounds. Teleportation is blocked within the building; Romulus mentioned that, and Natani discovered it. Probably safe to assume that projecting, scrying, and other invasive magical techniques are also blocked, which is why Euchre manifested on the terrace.
Bellhead wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:51 am Also, Tornir, we advise against self-censoring, as it bypasses the swear filter. Not a really big deal, but just so you know.
Understood. *edits*

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#4106 Post by Bellhead »

This sketch also brings into question the nature of dragons, aside from Nora and Reni (as the oldest, and the one closest to humans). We know they're creatures essentially made of magic that only get stronger with age, but they can still be killed with sufficient force. Do they naturally have defenses against certain elements? Natural immunities or common physical abilities (besides flight)?

Tornir
Master

#4107 Post by Tornir »

I don't think they're actually made of magic, but they have a managenic physiology, and cannot survive it their internal levels drop too far. They're the only life form that generates and radiates the stuff out into the environment; all other magic using lifeforms are endomanic, having to rely on external sources.
We know they're all telepathic, and I'm going to assume they can all breathe fire, but whether that's generated chemically or magically is unclear.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#4108 Post by Bellhead »

Don't know how we missed This. Tidbit about dragons.

Independent, usually live alone. Though it still says nothing about their physical characteristics beyond "immortal".

Tornir
Master

#4109 Post by Tornir »

Bellhead wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:04 am Don't know how we missed This. Tidbit about dragons.
Tom wrote:...They can shapeshift naturally...
*suddenly has the thought that Euchre's ancestry has a dragon in it somewhere*
*looks at Raine... looks at Nora...* :o :shock: :?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#4110 Post by Bellhead »

Tornir wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:43 am
Bellhead wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:04 am Don't know how we missed This. Tidbit about dragons.
Tom wrote:...They can shapeshift naturally...
*suddenly has the thought that Euchre's ancestry has a dragon in it somewhere*
*looks at Raine... looks at Nora...* :o :shock: :?
This IS a distinct possibility. I wonder if it's related to Reni's ancestry in some way...? :reni: