Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Sketch of the Day

#4066 Post by aitaituo »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:13 am... I remember were the exit is I will show myself out....
Before you appreciate Raine in a Santa outfit?

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#4067 Post by TheMouse »

aitaituo wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:44 am Can someone tell me what snep means?
Snep is a shorthand for Snow Leopard.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#4068 Post by Technic[Bot] »

aitaituo wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:51 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:13 am... I remember were the exit is I will show myself out....
Before you appreciate Raine in a Santa outfit?
Of course not, in fact here it is in full color! Colorized Santa Rain
Also do not leave peppermint candy for any canine or lupine Santa as that may makes them sick...
TheMouse wrote:
aitaituo wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:44 am Can someone tell me what snep means?
Snep is a shorthand for Snow Leopard.
I am really curious by what is causing this. Seems any user sees that post first, wonder if it is a bug 🤔
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#4069 Post by stlsf4003 »

Behold the wrath of The Queen of Greed!

I dare say that this is perhaps the most graphic sketch Tom has ever done!
the lurking furry railroader

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#4070 Post by Technic[Bot] »

stlsf4003 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:23 pm Behold the wrath of The Queen of Greed!

well it seemed quite normal. Just fem!Clovis blasting roan. Then i gave a good look at roan or what is left of him.

Oh my ..

On a strict scale is not that bad. It is like that gif of Sarah connor being blown apart by a nuke on terminator. But definitely more graphic than usual. The next thing in comic is the basitin general being turn to mincemeat out of scene.

I do wonder how would Tom draw graphics violence, or Horror for that matter. On second thought I am not sure I want to know...
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#4071 Post by stlsf4003 »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:47 am
stlsf4003 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:23 pm Behold the wrath of The Queen of Greed!

well it seemed quite normal. Just fem!Clovis blasting roan. Then i gave a good look at roan or what is left of him.

Oh my ..

On a strict scale is not that bad. It is like that gif of Sarah connor being blown apart by a nuke on terminator. But definitely more graphic than usual. The next thing in comic is the basitin general being turn to mincemeat out of scene.

I do wonder how would Tom draw graphics violence, or Horror for that matter. On second thought I am not sure I want to know...
Thing is we also got a glimpse the aftermath of that General being put through the metaphorical paper shredder. which was a ghastly sight in of it's self for its time.

So I shudder at the though that we might also get a glimpse of fem!Clovis' handy work in the next page. and given that Tom has done some pretty nasty burn damage recently, (see Zen's leg: page 998) I can say that's not gonna be a pleasant experience for any involved!
the lurking furry railroader

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#4072 Post by Technic[Bot] »

stlsf4003 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:10 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:47 am

Oh my ..

Thing is we also got a glimpse the aftermath of that General being put through the metaphorical paper shredder. which was a ghastly sight in of it's self for its time.

So I shudder at the though that we might also get a glimpse of fem!Clovis' handy work in the next page. and given that Tom has done some pretty nasty burn damage recently, (see Zen's leg: page 998) I can say that's not gonna be a pleasant experience for any involved!
You know there is a good chance this sketch gets colored. And that is always used as a good excuse to add more details to a particular sketch. So we may we more "graphic" details about the extent of Roan damage even out of canon.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#4073 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Sorry about the doble post, but it is almost 2 weeks after the previous one...

So a couple days ago we got Modern Keith . And damn he looks on this one. I really like how Tom draws clothes he makeeven something as simlpe as a suit looks good! I understand on comic most clothes are simple because of time constraints. He can't add that much detail or he would never finish, but it is kinda of a shame we do not get to see those kinds of outfits in comics, besides half the cast runs around naked most of the time.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#4074 Post by Dadrobit »

I dunno if Tom's gonna post it or not, so here for posteriority, the full image of Natani's text. :mrgrin:

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#4075 Post by tony1695 »

Let's dust off this thread with some super-cute.
Kid Reni and Kid Raine are having some fun with a little Tug of War. And there's even a bonus follow-up!
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#4076 Post by AmigaDragon »

Nibbly's New Rug. Only Nibs is tagged? Come on, we all know that's Remus' hide. :twisted:
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#4077 Post by Technic[Bot] »

AmigaDragon wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:04 am Nibbly's New Rug. Only Nibs is tagged? Come on, we all know that's Remus' hide. :twisted:
Nibs Is cute as always ,thought I am not convinced by her hair do just yet, it clashes with her ears. Of course the rug is quite a creepy detail, he did not only killed Remus but also skinned him and uses him as a rug for "casual" lounging. Savage...
Also considering the context of Mekkan I imagine a fur rug of almost any kind would be considered quite a horrible visage.
And yes I am probably reading too much into this... again...

So anyhow a couple of comments I have been wanted to make:

Tom is getting really good at background and in general drawing landscapes scenes and the like. It can be seen in comic and also on sketches like Rainy day swing and Willow's origin show it. Not only the background is beautiful it sets the feeling and convenes the mood masterfully. In fact I think Tom scenery and Background are starting to look better than his characters.

In any case I also want to properly archive this Rare Kat in case it is never posted anywhere else. Along with Kat Valentine i can only say. Thanks

Finally:
When your friend tells you to come over her house to meet her Mother. You know she is a bit weird but her family can't be that bad can it? Her Mother
I did not expected to see an eldritch abomination this week, well aside from maybe Nibbly. But i can say that is some interesting design.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

steelabjur
Council Member

#4078 Post by steelabjur »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:51 pm Finally:
When your friend tells you to come over her house to meet her Mother. You know she is a bit weird but her family can't be that bad can it? Her Mother
I did not expected to see an eldritch abomination this week, well aside from maybe Nibbly. But i can say that is some interesting design.
To quote Roughlandin on Willow's mom's origin:
For anyone not in the know, Tom gave an awesome lore drop on Willow's Mother towards the end of last Sunday's stream. Here's a summary for those who don't want to hunt on their own:

Willow's mother, whom Willow just calls Mother, was one of the first dragons to exist. As she aged, she became obsessed with mortality and horrified at the thought of dying. In an effort to make herself totally immune from death, she began to consume black mana crystals to gain their power and make herself truly immortal. As she did this, the black mana in the crystals began to replace her natural mana and corrupt her from her original draconic form.

Eventually, this corruption made her unable to fly, and so she began to split off pieces of her magical essence and send them out to bring her souls to convert to black mana and consume. These pieces became the Will-o-wisps that haunt the forest where Willow lives. As Willow's Mother still viewed herself as a dragon and a creature of good, instead of outright killing travelers, she instructed the wisps to lead them astray in the wood, where they would eventually wander until they starved or met unfortunate accidents. After this, the wisps would return the travelers' souls to their Mother for her to consume.

Willow herself is one of these wisps that spent too long away from her Mother and began to develop her own will. She wandered aimlessly through the wood until the day she met an unlucky lioness who had wandered into the forest and become lost. Willow tried to help her, but her nature made her lead the lioness to her untimely demise. After her death, Willow used her magic to create a simulacrum (like a magic golem) of her friend, which she now uses as her "body".

That leads us up to the point where we would meet Willow in the project. Her Mother would be a mysterious presence throughout the story that would only be fully revealed at the climax.

Sorry if I got any of that wrong, Tom! Super cool design! Love the way she blends with the scenery and the creepy orb hanging in the space between her horns! Thanks as always!
IIRC, what led her to take this path wasn't so much getting older but finding out that Dragons like her are merely nearly immortal rather than immortal and that one day (far far in the future though it may be) she'd die.

Another "fun" fact about Willow and her Lioness friend, when she met her end (as seen in " Willow's Origin" above) Willow kept bringing her food and gifts for awhile even after she passed (hence the apples on the ground in that scene).

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#4079 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Yeah well....
As I said the only eldritch abomination i expected to see this week was Mrs nibs...
Sometimes i am glad tom decided to make a fantasy romantic comedy. Had he decided to go to with horror.... Well clearly he knows a thing or two about making unsettling stuff...

That being said is willow only befriending Laura to feed her soul, undead or otherwise to her mother?
Also if Willow is a fae creature is she and her mother vulnerable to metal as fairies supposed to be?
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Alea
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: .

#4080 Post by Alea »

Willow's Mother returns in full colour, along with a lore dump:
Spoiler!
Deep in the forest, Laura meets Willow's "Mother" - the source of the fay.

Willow's mother was originally a beautiful young dragon, one of the very first born. As a child, she was a rambunctious risk-taker, having been told by her own mother that dragons were immortal, and thus she had nothing to fear. But one day, she became injured, and was told to be more careful. That even though dragons were biologically immortal and would never die of old age, she could be killed like any other creature.

The thought terrified the young dragoness. Not just the thought of death, but the idea that, unlike other creatures who had finite lives, when she died, she would be missing out on a potentially infinite life she could have otherwise lived, and that no matter how long she lived, it was inevitable. Death became a specter, lurking everywhere. She needed safety.

One day, she found an enormous field of black mana crystals deep in the forest. Black crystals commonly form around battlefields where many have died. She could feel their power and was sure this was the answer to her fears. She fed off of them, believing they would last her forever. And though the crystals shrunk only imperceptive, year after year, they did eventually begin to run out. By then her natural dragon magic had been entirely replaced by the substance made from souls, and she desperately needed more.

Fearing to go out herself, she used her shapeshifting in an unnatural way and split off pieces of herself to send into the world outside her forest. First to gather black mana from other battlefields and places of death. And then, when those sources became rarer, to find any people who have died recently and bring their life force back. When even that wasn't enough, in desperation, she sent her wisps to lead wandering travelers astray to their deaths. The more she split herself, the less like a dragon she became. Travelers would come to call the strange creatures the fay.

Willow was one such creature, a wisp, but became lost and eventually developed her own personality, and a fear of ever returning to her "mother" else she might consume her once more.

But you know, other than the murdering, she's pretty nice.