Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Sketch of the Day

#3886 Post by tony1695 »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:49 am On another note I am surprised that sketch was too risque for Patreon...
It'd be the boob squish.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#3887 Post by Hulk10 »

Actually the Alterntate Universe kiss is still up on Patreon.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#3888 Post by BadFoMo »

tony1695 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:28 pmImage
A glimpse into how things may have gone if one important detail was changed today with this Alternate Universe Kiss! (DeviantArt link)
Feels like a shoe-in for getting coloured.
A weird thought I had while this was being streamed.

Universe = Normal.
What we have right now.

Universe = TG.
Where everyone is the other gender (or Trace got TG-ed as well as lost his memories [alternate Clovis anyone?]). Briefly seen in Mirror Universe Twokinds.

Universe = TF.
Where Humans and Keidran are swapped (maybe also in status where Keidran are the master race and Humans are the second class/slave race?). Sort of seen in Human Flora, Keidran Trace.

Universe = TF&TG.
Where at least Trace is a female Keidran (white tiger?) and Flora is a male Human. Unseen.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

steelabjur
Council Member

#3889 Post by steelabjur »

BadFoMo wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:48 am
tony1695 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:28 pmImage
A glimpse into how things may have gone if one important detail was changed today with this Alternate Universe Kiss! (DeviantArt link)
Feels like a shoe-in for getting coloured.
A weird thought I had while this was being streamed.

Universe = Normal.
What we have right now.

Universe = TG.
Where everyone is the other gender (or Trace got TG-ed as well as lost his memories [alternate Clovis anyone?]). Briefly seen in Mirror Universe Twokinds.

Universe = TF.
Where Humans and Keidran are swapped (maybe also in status where Keidran are the master race and Humans are the second class/slave race?). Sort of seen in Human Flora, Keidran Trace.

Universe = TF&TG.
Where at least Trace is a female Keidran (white tiger?) and Flora is a male Human. Unseen.
I once suggested one where everyone is the same gender/species as the normal universe, but their positions in society (and maybe personality traits) were swapped, likely with their SO (so Flora would be Grand Templar Flora, Kathrine is a Slave Trader, Sythe is a tavern keeper, Maren a diplomat, Natani is a political exile, Zen is a wolf General, Keith is an Assassin and Alaric his partner, Trace is an escaped slave, Eric is a siscon, Red is a Red-haired wolf who sometimes turns into a human, Raine is a Templar washout, etc.) maybe I'll chip in for a month so I can make some sketch suggestions...

Edit: Oh, Cute Clovis? Cute Clovis.

Murphy

#3890 Post by Murphy »

But what about dragons?

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#3891 Post by aitaituo »

Murphy wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:03 am But what about dragons?
Obviously, they would be squirrels and Mrs. Nibbly would be Maren's pet dragon she met in the woods.

steelabjur
Council Member

#3892 Post by steelabjur »

aitaituo wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:32 am
Murphy wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:03 am But what about dragons?
Obviously, they would be squirrels and Mrs. Nibbly would be Maren's pet dragon she met in the woods.
Nora is the tiny dragon companion of Maren she met in the woods.
Mrs. Nibbly is the enigmatic childhood companion of Grand Templar Flora.
Reni is the Dragon-Captain of the Guard of Edinmire. ;)

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#3893 Post by Bellhead »

Roselyn Age Chart.

She's OLD. Now is this her life prolonged by magic, does she age like a human from Perfect Transformation, or was she secretly human like Raine? I'm going for option 1, based on comments by Tom over my years reading this. Anyone else?
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#3894 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Bellhead wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:26 pmRoselyn Age Chart.

She's OLD. Now is this her life prolonged by magic, does she age like a human from Perfect Transformation, or was she secretly human like Raine? I'm going for option 1, based on comments by Tom over my years reading this. Anyone else?
Tom's stated that the transformation doesn't affect how you age unless you stay permanently in the other form - supposedly Rose would age like a human for as long as she was in human form, but the moment she went back to Keidran form all those years would catch right back up. (The example given in that case was Raine aging faster if she stayed in Keidran form but going back to her 'correct' age when she transformed back, but it ought to apply in reverse here too since it's the same ability.) As such, my guess is something magical as well. And I think there's enough evidence of Magical Funny Business going on to make that a plausible guess, even if we don't know *exactly* what it all consists of yet.

Anyway, that aside, on to the important stuff. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE! :grin:

I like how you can still feel the sass and mischief in her demeanor in all four stages. Adorable puppy Rose, who you just know will be chewing something to bits and jumping up on the couch the moment your back is turned. Tomboy child Rose, who dares you to do something stupid and is probably in trouble more often than any three other kids put together. Mischevious adult Rose, never one to pass up a prank or chance to mess with someone. And sassy elder Rose, still messing with people's heads and dishing out snark left and right, her spirit and sense of humor unbroken despite years of living a subservient role in human society. I'm sure part of it is just that we already know her character, but Tom's still got that character on display visually here too.

Also also, interesting aside - this seems to confirm that not only do regular animal dogs exist in the TK world (as Maren's previous comments implied), but that animal wolves exist too. It makes me wonder what dog and wolf keidran think about their animal counterparts.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#3895 Post by AmigaDragon »

Rose can take human form like many in the family but she's full keidran. Whether time spent in human form can extend lifetime a bit is up to Tom I doubt she has spent anywhere near the amount of time as human as Euchre has. Whatever "Old Trace" or Nora has done to her might have some effect on her lifetime too.
MuonNeutrino wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:03 am Tom's stated that the transformation doesn't affect how you age unless you stay permanently in the other form - supposedly Rose would age like a human for as long as she was in human form, but the moment she went back to Keidran form all those years would catch right back up.
Are you saying if a 25 year old Rose spent 30 years as human, when she went back to keidran, those 30 years would catch up with her and she'd die right away?
Also also, interesting aside - this seems to confirm that not only do regular animal dogs exist in the TK world (as Maren's previous comments implied), but that animal wolves exist too. It makes me wonder what dog and wolf keidran think about their animal counterparts.
We've seen at least one cat, a couple bunnies, crows, a squirrel and horses, I don't recall if we've seen other quadrupeds (other than dragons) even in the background yet. There has to be something though, since there is a source of meat (probably beef) somewhere.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#3896 Post by MuonNeutrino »

AmigaDragon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:57 am
MuonNeutrino wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:03 am Tom's stated that the transformation doesn't affect how you age unless you stay permanently in the other form - supposedly Rose would age like a human for as long as she was in human form, but the moment she went back to Keidran form all those years would catch right back up.
Are you saying if a 25 year old Rose spent 30 years as human, when she went back to keidran, those 30 years would catch up with her and she'd die right away?
Well, the context was Raine aging more rapidly in keidran form, so it was more 'if she spent 5 years as a keidran she'd age more rapidly, but then when she transformed back she'd snap back to being a 23 year old human' type of thing. But if it works the same way in reverse, then yeah that'd be the implied behavior, which as you note would lead to the odd situation of not actually being able to transform back without dying.

I managed to find where Tom explained this; it was in the stream chat during a sketch stream last year. I have a habit of copying down anything interesting Tom says in stream chat that I happen to see, so I actually have his exact words:
Tom wrote:<someone asks "Does Raine age more quickly in Keidran form?">

Twokinds: As long as raine keeps switching back to human form, her Keidran form stays the same relative age.
Twokinds: If Raine was stuck in wolf form, she would start aging like a Keidran.
Twokinds: But the moment she turned back, she'd be her normal human age and her Keidran form would go back.
To me, this breaks down as follows:

When the transformation is made, the form transformed into starts off as the same *relative* age as the native form. So when Raine transforms into a keidran, her keidran form is that of a keidran of the *equivalent* age as her 18-year-old human age (i.e. her keidran form is that of a roughly 8 year old keidran, not an 18 year old keidran).

Once the transformation is made, the new form ages at the usual rate for that form. If Raine transformed into a keidran and then stayed that way for 5 years, her keidran body would be that of a 13 year old keidran (i.e. probably the equivalent of a 30ish human) instead of the perhaps 11ish year old keidran that would be the equivalent of her 23 year old human side.

But, when she transforms back, her actual chronological age reasserts herself in her native form, and she returns to being a 23 year old human instead of suddenly becoming the 30ish human that would be the equivalent of the 13 year old keidran she had just been. And further, if she transformed back into a keidran after that, she'd have the body of the 11 year old keidran that's the equivalent of her 23 year old human body, instead of going back to having the 13 year old keidran body she'd had previously. And so, as long as she transforms periodically her keidran form ages no faster than her human form does, because her human form's age reasserts itself every time she un-transforms.

(And this does raise the odd scenario of a transformed human spending enough time in keidran form to grow old and frail and then transforming back and suddenly being in their prime again. If one had a human child prodigy who had mastered transformation by age 8 (likely the equivalent of a keidran of about 4) and then spent the next 20 years as a keidran before turning human again, they'd have lived an entire keidran lifetime up to an old age of 24 and then snapped back to being a 28 year old human.)

So, if it works like this, taking that pattern and reversing it would suggest that Rose would age like a human as long as she stayed in human form, but would 'snap back' to whatever the proper age would be for a keidran of her chronological age as soon as she transformed back. And if she e.g. transformed into a human at age 20 (probably the equivalent of a human of 50+) and then spent a decade as a human (aging only up to the equivalent of 60 or so), upon returning to her native form she would indeed 'snap back' to being a 30 year old *keidran* (i.e. a human of 100+) and most likely drop dead.

steelabjur
Council Member

#3897 Post by steelabjur »

What I find interesting is that Euchre, like Raine, has the ability to employ Perfect Transformation naturally, while Rose requires mana to fuel it. Due to that, Euchre has a way to cheat the short lifespan of his racial heritage if he wanted to: stay Human indefinitely. Also, is it me, or does he seem to work magic without mana stones, unlike most Keidran magic users we've seen?

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#3898 Post by Hulk10 »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:53 am
AmigaDragon wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:57 am
Well, the context was Raine aging more rapidly in keidran form, so it was more 'if she spent 5 years as a keidran she'd age more rapidly, but then when she transformed back she'd snap back to being a 23 year old human' type of thing. But if it works the same way in reverse, then yeah that'd be the implied behavior, which as you note would lead to the odd situation of not actually being able to transform back without dying.

I managed to find where Tom explained this; it was in the stream chat during a sketch stream last year. I have a habit of copying down anything interesting Tom says in stream chat that I happen to see, so I actually have his exact words:
Tom wrote:<someone asks "Does Raine age more quickly in Keidran form?">

Twokinds: As long as raine keeps switching back to human form, her Keidran form stays the same relative age.
Twokinds: If Raine was stuck in wolf form, she would start aging like a Keidran.
Twokinds: But the moment she turned back, she'd be her normal human age and her Keidran form would go back.
To me, this breaks down as follows:

When the transformation is made, the form transformed into starts off as the same *relative* age as the native form. So when Raine transforms into a keidran, her keidran form is that of a keidran of the *equivalent* age as her 18-year-old human age (i.e. her keidran form is that of a roughly 8 year old keidran, not an 18 year old keidran).

Once the transformation is made, the new form ages at the usual rate for that form. If Raine transformed into a keidran and then stayed that way for 5 years, her keidran body would be that of a 13 year old keidran (i.e. probably the equivalent of a 30ish human) instead of the perhaps 11ish year old keidran that would be the equivalent of her 23 year old human side.

But, when she transforms back, her actual chronological age reasserts herself in her native form, and she returns to being a 23 year old human instead of suddenly becoming the 30ish human that would be the equivalent of the 13 year old keidran she had just been. And further, if she transformed back into a keidran after that, she'd have the body of the 11 year old keidran that's the equivalent of her 23 year old human body, instead of going back to having the 13 year old keidran body she'd had previously. And so, as long as she transforms periodically her keidran form ages no faster than her human form does, because her human form's age reasserts itself every time she un-transforms.

(And this does raise the odd scenario of a transformed human spending enough time in keidran form to grow old and frail and then transforming back and suddenly being in their prime again. If one had a human child prodigy who had mastered transformation by age 8 (likely the equivalent of a keidran of about 4) and then spent the next 20 years as a keidran before turning human again, they'd have lived an entire keidran lifetime up to an old age of 24 and then snapped back to being a 28 year old human.)

So, if it works like this, taking that pattern and reversing it would suggest that Rose would age like a human as long as she stayed in human form, but would 'snap back' to whatever the proper age would be for a keidran of her chronological age as soon as she transformed back. And if she e.g. transformed into a human at age 20 (probably the equivalent of a human of 50+) and then spent a decade as a human (aging only up to the equivalent of 60 or so), upon returning to her native form she would indeed 'snap back' to being a 30 year old *keidran* (i.e. a human of 100+) and most likely drop dead.
Most interesting. However Tom seems to imply that her Keidran form would revert age wise if she went back to her human form.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#3899 Post by Bellhead »

Hulk10 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:57 pmMost interesting. However Tom seems to imply that her Keidran form would revert age wise if she went back to her human form.
I think it's more of a "the age of your natural form is inherently based upon the time since birth" type of thing, with a caveat of "your alternate form starts at the relative age of your natural form at the time of transformation". So yeah, it would revert to the relative age of her natural form as soon as she changed back.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#3900 Post by Ddraig »

Bellhead wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:21 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:57 pmMost interesting. However Tom seems to imply that her Keidran form would revert age wise if she went back to her human form.
I think it's more of a "the age of your natural form is inherently based upon the time since birth" type of thing, with a caveat of "your alternate form starts at the relative age of your natural form at the time of transformation". So yeah, it would revert to the relative age of her natural form as soon as she changed back.
I wonder what would happen if, say, Rose stayed in human form for 20 years (starting at her current age). When she turned back keidran, would she just go POOF and suddenly be a pile of dust?
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."