Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Sketch of the Day

#3871 Post by tony1695 »

BadFoMo wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:03 am I’m sorry, I can’t be quite about this anymore. While I don’t think I’m against it, I feel that this whole ‘Nibbly being more than just a Squirrel’ thing has the potential to break the comic; even if it doesn’t come completely out of left field!
It's gonna depend on just how different her true nature is. Magically enhanced intelligence? Not so bad, just makes her a super-smart squirrel. Anything more than that, up to and including 'dragon in disguise', will be much harder to accept.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Titanium Dragon
Traveler

#3872 Post by Titanium Dragon »

BadFoMo wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:03 am I’m sorry, I can’t be quite about this anymore. While I don’t think I’m against it, I feel that this whole ‘Nibbly being more than just a Squirrel’ thing has the potential to break the comic; even if it doesn’t come completely out of left field!
She's not a squirrel. That's been heavily hinted for ages and was finally confirmed late last year.

She's probably a dragon in disguise, given her reflection. The other possibility is that she's one of the masks, or possibly (very outside chance) someone who was cursed into squirrel form by dark magic.

I don't think it will "break" anything at all. It's been set up for a long time, and the fact that she has been hiding from another dragon (who would reveal her true identity) combined with the fact that Nibbly never acted "right" to begin with (which was pointed out immediately after her first appearance) and her fearlessness implies very strongly that she's definitely something a lot more powerful than a squirrel. The fact that her back was "broken" and then magically well again a few moments later was another strong hint.

But the fact that her reflection is definitely not that of a squirrel seals it. She's something else, and probably a dragon or a mask (depending on whether that's a "tail" or some sort of shadow tendril we see in the reflection).

Warrl
Grand Templar

#3873 Post by Warrl »

BadFoMo wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:03 amWhile I don’t think I’m against it, I feel that this whole ‘Nibbly being more than just a Squirrel’ thing has the potential to break the comic; even if it doesn’t come completely out of left field!
I've always specified that I don't believe she's an ordinary wild squirrel.

A squirrel who's been hand-raised and routinely handled by a large animal for its entire life would not be an ordinary wild squirrel. That would be one end, or maybe one corner, of the range of possibilities. Somewhere around the other end is that she's a dragon.

Wolffan
Traveler

#3874 Post by Wolffan »

There is no way, no way at all, that a 'completely ordinary squirrel' which was 'just found in the woods' would just attach itself to a wolf. And even it did, the attachment would last until about lunchtime.
There is only one! :natani:

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3875 Post by tony1695 »

Today, King Adelaide feels like she's wearing Nothing at All! Stupid sexy king indeed.
I can see TheMouse salivating already
Gentlementlemen

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#3876 Post by SpottedKitty »

tony1695 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:14 pm Today, King Adelaide feels like she's wearing Nothing at All! Stupid sexy king indeed.
Does anyone else get the feeling there's a connection with this sketch from a couple years back...? :potatoes: :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#3877 Post by Bellhead »

SpottedKitty wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:22 pm
tony1695 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:14 pm Today, King Adelaide feels like she's wearing Nothing at All! Stupid sexy king indeed.
Does anyone else get the feeling there's a connection with this sketch from a couple years back...? :potatoes: :wink:
Must be an Adelaide thing to tease about the decency laws. She's definitely got the technique, for a basitin.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#3878 Post by TheMouse »

Yes. Yes you can.
George Takei wrote:Oh My.
Thank you George. Took the words right out of my mouth.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#3879 Post by Technic[Bot] »

BadFoMo wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:03 am Image
I love lore.
Also, this relevant to my ‘Going Native/Tribal’ interests.

I’ve been thinking about this; anyone else this that Clovis is going to end up with amnesia like Trace and believe that he is Clovis’ sister?

I’m sorry, I can’t be quite about this anymore. While I don’t think I’m against it, I feel that this whole ‘Nibbly being more than just a Squirrel’ thing has the potential to break the comic; even if it doesn’t come completely out of left field!

Also, we have three sketches here.
I do wonder how will Clovis be dealt with when the time comes. After all by all means Trace was a more dangerous and evil person than he was, granted a bit more sympathetic a widow after all, but neither wanted redemption in any form. So when Tom the gang finally has to deal with him what will they do? Execute him on the spot because he is too evil and dangerous to be let alive, Trace was, and kinda is, more dangerous than Clovis could aspire to be. The only reason Trace got his chance at redemption was because ephemeral has a penchant for overly complicated plans. He did not wanted redemption he was forced into it, then does Clovis a ,lesses, evil does not deserve a chance too? Of course having him tried and judged by authority would be the ideal here but considering the world is at war it might not be possible. So maybe just erasing his memory and leaving him there might not be such an unreasonable choice.
Also Tom might simply brush him off and have a raging Dark trace kill him or being unable to escape the self destructing manor or something like that.

Regarding Mrs Nibs I kinda hope she ends up being Trace and Nora children :P
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#3880 Post by AmigaDragon »

Titanium Dragon wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:20 amShe's probably a dragon in disguise, given her reflection. The other possibility is that she's one of the masks, or possibly (very outside chance) someone who was cursed into squirrel form by dark magic.

I don't think it will "break" anything at all. It's been set up for a long time, and the fact that she has been hiding from another dragon (who would reveal her true identity) combined with the fact that Nibbly never acted "right" to begin with (which was pointed out immediately after her first appearance) and her fearlessness implies very strongly that she's definitely something a lot more powerful than a squirrel. The fact that her back was "broken" and then magically well again a few moments later was another strong hint.

But the fact that her reflection is definitely not that of a squirrel seals it. She's something else, and probably a dragon or a mask (depending on whether that's a "tail" or some sort of shadow tendril we see in the reflection).
Some very good ideas of what she might be. I suggested at the time that the crack heard may have just been the tree, not her bones (some obvious pieces went flying). Even if she isn't really a dragon, I have seen that squirrels are tough (warning, this is a bit disturbing but it survived).
The way the sketch is cut off, we can't see if her ankles are uncovered. The base of her tail is wrapped (not sure what the basitin decency laws are regarding that but their imagination without that implies it should be).
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:55 am Also Tom might simply brush him off and have a ragind drak trace kill him or being unable to escape the self destructing manor or something like that.
What is a ragind drak?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#3881 Post by Dadrobit »

Warrl wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:07 am
BadFoMo wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:03 amWhile I don’t think I’m against it, I feel that this whole ‘Nibbly being more than just a Squirrel’ thing has the potential to break the comic; even if it doesn’t come completely out of left field!
I've always specified that I don't believe she's an ordinary wild squirrel.

A squirrel who's been hand-raised and routinely handled by a large animal for its entire life would not be an ordinary wild squirrel. That would be one end, or maybe one corner, of the range of possibilities. Somewhere around the other end is that she's a dragon.
I've mentioned it before, and I'll say it again here I s'pose. I've always held that Nibbly is something of a red herring. Everyone cites her maybe above average intelligence as evidence that she's special up to and including speculation that she's a dragon. But honestly, she's not all ~that~ bright. She's in and around the intelligence, and has the mannerisms of a puppy, but I think that's just to give her a non-zero amount of a personality and reason to exist with the party.

The scene of her resurrection (in my opinion) was not so much a hint to the power of Nibbly, but a hint to the power of Raine. I think it was Raine who managed to exhibit powers unbeknownst to her and the audience which healed Nibbly and will become a revelation at a later date somehow to give a point of reference to her abilities. The last panel where Raine is somewhat stupefied at Nibbly's recovery while maintaining her faintly glowing eyes really sells an inference of author duplicity for me.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#3882 Post by Technic[Bot] »

AmigaDragon wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:21 am -Snip-
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:55 am Also Tom might simply brush him off and have a ragind drak trace kill him or being unable to escape the self destructing manor or something like that.
What is a ragind drak?
Meant raging dark Trace. My keyboard has been acting up all week :(
You shoud have seen some of the work emails i wrote
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3883 Post by tony1695 »

A glimpse into how things may have gone if one important detail was changed today with this Alternate Universe Kiss! (DeviantArt link)
Feels like a shoe-in for getting coloured.
Gentlementlemen

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#3884 Post by Hulk10 »

That latest pic was pretty interesting. So too was the Traditional Tiger Ceremony. And the Tyger poem by William Blake is my favorite poem.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#3885 Post by Technic[Bot] »

tony1695 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:28 pm A glimpse into how things may have gone if one important detail was changed today with this Alternate Universe Kiss! (DeviantArt link)
Feels like a shoe-in for getting coloured.
I do think this and the tiger ceremony are gonna be colored and If not I would consider paying Nora card, I doubt I would actually do it. 200 USD is basically a month of food for me...
Also I love the names the fan gave them: Florence and Tracy
On another note I am surprised that sketch was too risque for Patreon...
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide