Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

stlsf4003
Apprentice

Re: Sketch of the Day

#3766 Post by stlsf4003 »

Tom's sure been on a roll lately.

Who want's to bet that most if not all of his Halloween pic's will be colored by the 31st?
the lurking furry railroader

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#3767 Post by aitaituo »

And Test of Resolve today. Seems like Mike is being handed a golden opportunity here. His whole concern about going with Evals was that he wouldn't be accepted in Dog Keidran society, but that would be a lot easier with a wife and brother-in-law's endorsement. That's a lot better than the tolerant refugee town where he knows no one except a couple acquaintances.

vevans0009
New Citizen

#3768 Post by vevans0009 »

Evals sure has a lovely sister. WOW.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#3769 Post by Hayate »

Well that one is gonna be a yikes from me
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3770 Post by tony1695 »

Evals is just playing real dirty, getting his (in heat!) sister to (perhaps unwittingly) try and sway Mike like that.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#3771 Post by IHeartMaeve »

aitaituo wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:00 am It could be an anagram for sailer?
Wow. I did not think of that. But hey! I just realized, today's Halloween! Things are definitely heating up for a good 10/31 filler on the main comic today!

...Get it?

I'll show myself out.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#3772 Post by Kellard »

Hayate wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:17 am Well that one is gonna be a yikes from me
So many sketches are just god awful. We can't go a week without sketches that are just shameless fanservice requested by the fans themselves. Repetitive and bland fanservice with the off chance of a shoehorned ship or recurring theme that's either fetish fuel or straight up uncreativity. God knows boobs for the sake of boobs can rake in votes better than almost anything else...
We could be getting so much more interesting and genuinely beautiful art, but because people like to think with the wrong head that will quite simply not happen.

There, I said It. I'm so tired of the people who keep voting for that, and I think they'll know who they are if they happen to read this.

knopf44
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#3773 Post by knopf44 »

Kellard wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:49 pm
Hayate wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:17 am Well that one is gonna be a yikes from me
So many sketches are just god awful. We can't go a week without sketches that are just shameless fanservice requested by the fans themselves. Repetitive and bland fanservice with the off chance of a shoehorned ship or recurring theme that's either fetish fuel or straight up uncreativity. God knows boobs for the sake of boobs can rake in votes better than almost anything else...
We could be getting so much more interesting and genuinely beautiful art, but because people like to think with the wrong head that will quite simply not happen.
Very yes, thank you!

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#3774 Post by Shockwave07 »

IHeartMaeve wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:13 am Yesterday's sketch was a peculiar Test of Resolve.

...I don't know what to say about this, except... Where'd Tom get the name "Erilas?" I know Evals is (oddly enough) "slave" spelled backwards, but if we use the same naming convention here, we get... Salire? I don't get it.

Also, the first colored image of the month here.
Decided to search it and got this:

"Salire is an Italian verb that means to go up, climb, rise, ascend, or increase."

And I think the first one applies well right now!

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3775 Post by tony1695 »

Kellard wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:49 pm So many sketches are just god awful. We can't go a week without sketches that are just shameless fanservice requested by the fans themselves. Repetitive and bland fanservice with the off chance of a shoehorned ship or recurring theme that's either fetish fuel or straight up uncreativity. God knows boobs for the sake of boobs can rake in votes better than almost anything else...

There, I said It. I'm so tired of the people who keep voting for that, and I think they'll know who they are if they happen to read this.
I don't mind when there's one or two fanservice-y sketches. It's when the selections are all fanservice, and they beat suggestions that would be much more interesting, either for the themes or characters involved. It's really disheartening when you see a suggestion win that's almost literally "my suggestion, but with added boobs".
Gentlementlemen

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#3776 Post by Neutral Smith »

Someone has a good income with drawing boobs. I don't think he is complaining about it.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#3777 Post by stlsf4003 »

This is the furry fandom we'er dealing with here y'all!

We all realized this was our lot in life when we signed up! XD
the lurking furry railroader

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#3778 Post by TheMouse »

I'm going to take objection to the notion that these sketches are somehow "bad" for being pinups and such. Fan service? Requested by fans, no less. How awful.

If you, for some reason, don't enjoy fan service art, that's fine. Please don't denigrate those of us who do.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3779 Post by tony1695 »

TheMouse wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:37 am I'm going to take objection to the notion that these sketches are somehow "bad" for being pinups and such. Fan service? Requested by fans, no less. How awful.

If you, for some reason, don't enjoy fan service art, that's fine. Please don't denigrate those of us who do.
I was never doing that. I just feel that it gets kinda... same-y. It'd be nice to get more lore pieces, more character interaction. After a while, the parade of lewds and bewbs loses its appeal.
Gentlementlemen

Warrl
Grand Templar

#3780 Post by Warrl »

tony1695 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:15 am I was never doing that. I just feel that it gets kinda... same-y. It'd be nice to get more lore pieces, more character interaction. After a while, the parade of lewds and bewbs loses its appeal.
Me, I'd prefer less side art of any sort and more story.