Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

Re: Sketch of the Day

#3721 Post by AmigaDragon »

Shockwave07 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:44 am...Also link doesn't work.
Oops, looked up but forgot to paste. Fixed.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#3722 Post by Technic[Bot] »

tony1695 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:23 am We get to see Nora try on a Wolf form and... this is probably the closest we'll get to seeing Raine completely clothes-less.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some link between dragons (maybe not Nora specifically) and the group of wolves who can take a human form.
Actually I had speculate that there is some dragon in everyone in this story.
From unpublished lore* we know all races is mekkan are artificial, created by the masks for their AoE modded game and that dragons are older than the mask themselves. So figured that since the mask are not only Demi gods they could not actually create living things out of thin air. So they based them from something already present: the dragons. Hence why it is possible for dragons to "mingle" with humans a get healthy and fertile offspring aka our favorite black dragon Reni.

SpottedKitty wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:34 pm
Technic[Bot] wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:09 pm But in this case I think is a bit TOO big.
Remember she's 7'2" as a Basitin; would she be about the same as a human?

I am more of a SI/métric guy myself.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#3723 Post by BadFoMo »

Does anyone else think she's screaming because her mother never had "The Talk" with her?

"Hey, what's that over there?" Maeve asked.

"Where?" Maddie replied as she looked away from her friend giving her the perfect moment and angle to give her a surprise peck on the cheek.

"AAH! I've been kissed!" Maddie screamed. "First comes love, next comes marriage, then… Then… I'm too young to become a mother!"

Maeve stood there in silence at Maddie’s reaction. "…What?" Was all she could manage to say.

…It's just me isn't it?

P.S. Also, we have these.
ImageThumbnail UnavailableImageImage

…And these from Twitter.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Warrl
Grand Templar

#3724 Post by Warrl »

Bad URL on the one just to the right of the Kat dancer...

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#3725 Post by BadFoMo »

Warrl wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:45 pmBad URL on the one just to the right of the Kat dancer...
Fixed. Sorry about that. ...Also, Con sketches added.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#3726 Post by Ddraig »

Kat and Nora - Love Talk 2, sequel to Kat and Nora - Love Talk

A look into her motivations; she's not nearly as bad as some have suggested
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#3727 Post by jacobc62 »

Today, we see the Main 4 dressed up as another "main 4": the titular group from the TV series Stargate SG-1 in today's post, simply titled "Stargate".

So obviously Keith and Natani are both Jackson and Teal'c, respectively, but is Trace supposed to be Carter and Flora as O'Neill, or is it the other way around? Kinda hard for me to tell.....

In any case, I now have something that most certainly will be my #1 vote for coloring at the end of the month!
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#3728 Post by IHeartMaeve »

jacobc62 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:03 pm Today, we see the Main 4 dressed up as another "main 4": the titular group from the TV series Stargate SG-1 in today's post, simply titled "Stargate".

So obviously Keith and Natani are both Jackson and Teal'c, respectively, but is Trace supposed to be Carter and Flora as O'Neill, or is it the other way around? Kinda hard for me to tell.....

In any case, I now have something that most certainly will be my #1 vote for coloring at the end of the month!
HOLY SCHIST! I never in a million years would have expected someone to suggest this!

See, I'm enough of a fan to have made a few model Stargates with the K'nex construction system in the past, and I just knew when I saw the preview that something fishy was going on there.

Speaking of which, an interesting joke Teal'c once told that seems to be "funny because it's nonsensical." (Bonus points to anyone who sees the Twokinds reference I planted.)

"A Serpent Guard, a Horus Guard, and a Setesh Guard meet on a Neutral planet. It's a tense moment. The Serpent Guard's eyes glow. The Horus Guard's beak glistens. The Setesh Guard's nose drips!"

(Episode referenced: S3E2 "Seth")
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#3729 Post by SpottedKitty »

IHeartMaeve wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:27 pm Speaking of which, an interesting joke Teal'c once told that seems to be "funny because it's nonsensical." (Bonus points to anyone who sees the Twokinds reference I planted.)

"A Serpent Guard, a Horus Guard, and a Setesh Guard meet on a Neutral planet. It's a tense moment. The Serpent Guard's eyes glow. The Horus Guard's beak glistens. The Setesh Guard's nose drips!"

(Episode referenced: S3E2 "Seth")
IIRC, the point of the joke was that everyone makes fun of Setesh; even other System Lords' Jaffa make fun of Setesh's Jaffa.

And... I can't make up my mind either which way round Trace and Flora are supposed to match up with the SG-1 characters. Either way round has the potential for hilarity ensuing. :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#3730 Post by IHeartMaeve »

SpottedKitty wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:14 am IIRC, the point of the joke was that everyone makes fun of Setesh; even other System Lords' Jaffa make fun of Setesh's Jaffa.

And... I can't make up my mind either which way round Trace and Flora are supposed to match up with the SG-1 characters. Either way round has the potential for hilarity ensuing. :wink:
Well, I meant the way it got lost in translation but still sounded kinda funny.

Also, "Neutral" was capitalized deliberately to reference the Mask, in case nobody could tell.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#3731 Post by SpottedKitty »

IHeartMaeve wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:15 am Well, I meant the way it got lost in translation but still sounded kinda funny.
Oh, I know how that goes, even with RL languages. Way back when, I was writing something with a few characters who used bits of their birth languages (French, German, Swahili) and some phrases come out hilariously weird if you translate them literally. (I don't know those languages, just a little French; I found some phrase books at the library.)
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#3732 Post by BadFoMo »

Finally! This got made! And it's better than what I pictured in my mind! Although, this does put a mild damper on my November sketch request plans.
Also, I got a little bit of the story for this one.

It's near the end of an epic quest Red and Raine were on to find the magic McGuffin that would make them fully Human again. In their escape from where for the McGuffin was kept (because these kind of places always self-destruct after you remove the McGuffin), they end up falling into a river (bridge over gorge collapses during the destruction?) and are being swept away towards a waterfall.

Red is able to grab something and keep himself from going over the edge, but Raine isn't.

He has to make a choice;
Hold onto the McGuffin and let Raine go over the edge.
Let go of the McGuffin to save Raine and potentially lose their one chance at being Human again.
Let go of what he's holding onto to grab Raine and they all go over the edge.

He chooses to save Raine.

They managed to climb down the waterfall to look for the McGuffin to see if it survived.

Raine: Any luck?
Red: No. I think it's gone for good.
Raine: I'm sorry, Red.
Red: It's not your fault, Raine. I'm the one who let go of it.
Raine: Yeah, …you did. Red, you could have been fully Human again.
Red: Yeah, but …well, I don't think I would have enjoyed being Human without you. Would've felt like a hollow victory.
Raine: You gave up your humanity for me?
Red: Yeah. We might have one or two more chances at becoming Human again, but we've only got one chance for each other.
Raine: Oh, Red.

{Insert image here (and possibly one final shot of the McGuffin safely hiding in a nearby bush).}

Also, we have this image.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#3733 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Ddraig wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:39 pm Image

So Nora I just and old woman wanting to get the hottest guy around. Makes sense

also I just want to say that I do not really like the whole "I am too old/powerful and thus I find these puny humans boring" concept. First It is a bit overused and not particularly interesting
On top of that is not realisitc People change with time and are mostly stocastic. even if we weren't there are so many variables involved that unless you were omniscient you couldn't predict them. Sure you can eventually get to know a small number of individuals so well you can almost guarantee you know what they will do next, for some time. But you cannot do that with all the people all the time.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Ddraig
Templar Master

#3734 Post by Ddraig »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:31 pm
Ddraig wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:39 pm Image

So Nora I just and old woman wanting to get the hottest guy around. Makes sense

also I just want to say that I do not really like the whole "I am too old/powerful and thus I find these puny humans boring" concept. First It is a bit overused and not particularly interesting
On top of that is not realisitc People change with time and are mostly stocastic. even if we weren't there are so many variables involved that unless you were omniscient you couldn't predict them. Sure you can eventually get to know a small number of individuals so well you can almost guarantee you know what they will do next, for some time. But you cannot do that with all the people all the time.
A person with a normal lifetime can get decent at predicting people. That's why some get good at stocks, politics, etc. Someone who instead has lived 15-20x the lifetime of a normal human already is going to have seen most everything. History repeats itself, after all. Her years mean she's going to have difficulty relating to those without them. Add in a power dynamic like what would exist between an ancient dragon and a normal human, and she's going to be bored of dealing with the bolshevik that comes with all that.
It's not even "Oh, I knew a half dozen people exactly like you, nothing new", it's growing good enough to be able to know what to expect from a person from less and less information.

Sure it's a common concept for the long-lived, but there's a reason for that. The most common issue people are going to think of with having immortality is watching those you love pass and growing bored of it all because nothing else is really going to matter to you at that point.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

greywolf
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Sythe

#3735 Post by greywolf »

Tom's back story on Willow (buried in the comments) is wonderful even if it's a bit tragic. Very much worth the read, be sure to find and read if you haven't yet.

I also love the story posted in the comments of the half kind kiss. Another fantastic read. These short stories keep me hooked on the forums, great job all. Now how to get some of them made into side comics.......