Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Eclipse
Templar Master

Re: Sketch of the Day

#3661 Post by Eclipse »

I like how this whole Cat Nora thing is turning into an entire storyline and it just seems to get crazier and crazier each time. This should be a side comic.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#3662 Post by Technic[Bot] »

tony1695 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:18 pm Apologies for the double-post.

Firstly is Two Kids in a Trenchcoat. Maddy and Maeve don't know how lucky they are to get someone who doesn't care...

And Mike and Evals get introduced to their New Supervisor, who looks like the cat that got the cream. Nora is gonna have fun with these new toys...
Most people making one or two minimum salaries are not paid enough to care. Unless it will keep it awake at night or in a police cell it is a hard Meh most of the time.
Eclipse wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:34 am I like how this whole Cat Nora thing is turning into an entire storyline and it just seems to get crazier and crazier each time. This should be a side comic.
And we get to see how Cat-Nora starts he own reverse harem. Honestly I am surprised she does not have one already.
And as a acquaintance once said: "This is either gonna go VERY well or TERRIBLY bad"

Also I am surprised Tom added a note to the Sketch:
Tom wrote: (Obviously Mike and Evals no longer belong to Eric, so I guess this must be the past in an alternate timeline lol )
I always figured sketches were alternate timelines, hypothetical situation, speculations, daydreaming and otherwise not canon unless specified by Tom himself so I find ghis note to be a bit redundant.

Finally there is another sketch:
Today Maren cat form gives away her true feelings towards our favorite male wolf in the form of a a cute head bump
P.D. Does cat really do this?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#3663 Post by Dadrobit »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:15 am
tony1695 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:18 pm
Firstly is Two Kids in a Trenchcoat. Maddy and Maeve don't know how lucky they are to get someone who doesn't care...
Most people making one or two minimum salaries are not paid enough to care. Unless it will keep it awake at night or in a police cell it is a hard Meh most of the time.
For sure. Working minimum wage gigs are the worst. It really affects the psyche, especially if there are little to no chances for advancement/raises. Essentially when an employer tells an employee that they'll be working for minimum wage, they're saying, "We'd love to pay you even LESS and the only reason we're paying you this much is because it's legally demanded." Of course, the employer is still going to ask for %110 effort and do your work without complaint. And the proverbial cherry on top is that a lot of these jobs are low skill jobs which means that even if you were to die, you'd be replaced in a literal day.

So yeah, folks in these jobs put out a consistent %70 effort, and they make %80 effort look like %110 to appease their masters.
Technic[Bot] wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:15 am P.D. Does cat really do this?
Yes. Cats headbutt and rub up on people that they like. Dunno if it's canon in TK that cat keidran do though, but maybe?

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#3664 Post by SpottedKitty »

Can anyone see the large size Adira Reference Sheet pic? It ought to come up when I right-click and "View Image" (in Firefox) while looking at the Patreon post, but this time all I get is a tiny half-to-quarter-size image. Looks great, but I can't read half of the text.

Edit: It seems to be something Patreon is doing differently — I've checked a few other posts, and none of them are letting me see the full size pics that I could the day before yesterday. And they all have a non-working scroll bar at the bottom that wasn't there before.

Edit edit: Got it — I click on the mini-image on the post, to get the floating larger image, then "View Image" that to get the full-size pic. <headdesk>
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#3665 Post by aitaituo »

On the plus side of Patreon's recentish changes, they no longer force two-factor authentication on you.

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#3666 Post by Shockwave07 »

Adira, I don't think you're setting a good example for Maeve here...

steelabjur
Council Member

#3667 Post by steelabjur »

It's weird seeing Maeve in nothing but the fur.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#3668 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Dadrobit wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:50 am For sure. Working minimum wage gigs are the worst. -snip-
So yeah, folks in these jobs put out a consistent %70 effort, and they make %80 effort look like %110 to appease their masters.

Yes. Cats headbutt and rub up on people that they like. Dunno if it's canon in TK that cat keidran do though, but maybe?
Indeed, specially considering that in a lot of the world a minimum wage is barely above the poverty line. In any case in this particular situation selling "adult drinks" to children might land the fellow in jail so he probably should not do it...
Anyhow i knew cats rub of things they "like" but headbutt them? that was new. *
SpottedKitty wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:39 pm Can anyone see the large size Adira Reference Sheet pic? It ought to come up when I right-click and "View Image" (in Firefox) while looking at the Patreon post, but this time all I get is a tiny half-to-quarter-size image. Looks great, but I can't read half of the text.
That is a surprisingly large amount of information for two side-characters albeit somewhat of fan favorites.
Also very interesting "fun fact" as, first. it is as "fun" as getting mugged in the street, second there is a curious, but probably unintended parallel: Real life snow leopards are listed as vulnerable with only around 5k individuals alive and populations are on decline, mostly thanks to poaching and habitat loss. Wanted to point that out for some reason... sorry

In hopefully less sad news today sketch features our favorite Hybrid Kat!
Despite being an skilled seamstress today but she was not born with these skills as This little slice of her childhood clearly shows.
And we also get to see her parents. Look by no means I am a zoologist, but those two look far more "exotic" than just dog and cat parents.
And you know this sketch also got me hiking:
For what I understand her parents slavers are in the business of providing sex slaves. And for what i gather in my few economics courses in that in that kind of business you make more money renting a "service" not by selling "products".
Also due to her mixed heritage she is infertile thus she was sold to someone else I imagine to recoup cost. But if that is the case I am almost sure that she was no mere accident most likely her parents had her without the slavers approval. Why who knows? Maybe they ended up failing in love.
I am probably reading too much into this, as i usually do, but they probably knew that they would sell their daughter once they find out she was a hybrid, probably to the next pervert that came to do "business" with the slavers.
And I find that particular sad and quite dark to be honest. On top of that they are unlikely to ever see Kat will ever see them again as they are probably 20 now, pretty old according to the lore. "Fortunately" and i am being liberal with the word, he ended in Eric's care,considering her situation it could have ended much worse.

So yeah this two last sketches: pure sun and rainbows

*I am more of a dog person
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#3669 Post by AmigaDragon »

Between a Cat and a Squirrel color I'm seeing Sythe's expression as 'how did I get in the middle of this?' Evals might repeat himself with "poor sexy [censored]".
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#3670 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Two colored pieces since last time! From tuesday we have Adira Reference Sheet, now in color! And for today we have Natani and Keith being stinkin' adorable, in Thunderstorm. (The lighting effects in this one are just sublime - Tom's skill in this area keeps getting better and better.)

Shadow lurker

#3671 Post by Shadow lurker »

This might just be on my end.

But I think Tom might have uploaded the last one in low resolution on Patreon by mistake, as it is much higher res on Deviant art.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#3672 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Shadow lurker wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:19 pmThis might just be on my end.

But I think Tom might have uploaded the last one in low resolution on Patreon by mistake, as it is much higher res on Deviant art.
The version on patron *is* lower resolution, but it's not something on your end or something Tom did, patreon just seems to be displaying the page/image differently than it used to.

The regular image on patreon has always been a lower resolution version - patreon appears to downscale it, presumably for bandwidth reasons. I think they're started downscaling it by a larger amount, as it looks blurrier than it used to, but it's always been downscaled. What's different is that previously you could right click on the image and open it in a new tab and you'd get the full high res version, but now if you do that you get the same low res thumbnail instead. However, if you *left* click on the image, the enlarged version that it displays for you *is* based on the original high res image, so you can then right click on that enlarged version and open in new tab and you'll actually get the full high res image.

Shadow lurker

#3673 Post by Shadow lurker »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:22 pm
The version on patron *is* lower resolution, but it's not something on your end or something Tom did, patreon just seems to be displaying the page/image differently than it used to.

The regular image on patreon has always been a lower resolution version - patreon appears to downscale it, presumably for bandwidth reasons. I think they're started downscaling it by a larger amount, as it looks blurrier than it used to, but it's always been downscaled. What's different is that previously you could right click on the image and open it in a new tab and you'd get the full high res version, but now if you do that you get the same low res thumbnail instead. However, if you *left* click on the image, the enlarged version that it displays for you *is* based on the original high res image, so you can then right click on that enlarged version and open in new tab and you'll actually get the full high res image.
I know it has always been downscaled,I was just pointing out it is much small than usual.

Though I did not know if it was merely a mistake or something was wrong/changed.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#3674 Post by Technic[Bot] »

AmigaDragon wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:44 pm Between a Cat and a Squirrel color I'm seeing Sythe's expression as 'how did I get in the middle of this?' Evals might repeat himself with "poor sexy [censored]".
You know I could see this a simply Sythe falling sleep with Maren and then Nibs just came along because she enjoys being near Sythe Keidran collar added for comic effect. Yet that bed... That is something I would expect to see at Hugh Hefner house.
MuonNeutrino wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:21 pm Two colored pieces since last time! From tuesday we have Adira Reference Sheet, now in color! And for today we have Natani and Keith being stinkin' adorable, in Thunderstorm. (The lighting effects in this one are just sublime - Tom's skill in this area keeps getting better and better.)
You know not sure why most ref sheets win the color vote. I mean to each their own but i do not see much extra value being added in the coloring, specially on a mostly monochrome characters. On the other hand Tom's lighting and shading is as exquisite as ever, NVIDIA has nothing on this guy. Also the original/colored sketch is as cute as it gets.
Also I do not remember Natani normally wearing that pendant. What is it?

Finally we forgot the Cat Nora an CLovis sketch . Just adding it for archival reasons, I guess, apparently Deviantart changed its policy recently and won't display mature tagged material if not logged in.
But maybe someone here has an account and missed this one to.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#3675 Post by AmigaDragon »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:22 pm Also I do not remember Natani normally wearing that pendant. What is it?

Finally we forgot the Cat Nora an CLovis sketch . Just adding it for archival reasons, I guess, apparently Deviantart changed its policy recently and won't display mature tagged material if not logged in.
But maybe someone here has an account and missed this one to.
Natani is wearing a mana crystal (which happens to look white this time, how many colors do they come in?), which we have seen before. I tend to not comment on images I can't see (no DA account to verify my age).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen