Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Ddraig
Templar Master

Re: Sketch of the Day

#3526 Post by Ddraig »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:08 am Today in the Twokinds version of Baywatch Raine questions her career choice and her running speed.
I am old enought to have seen Baywatch when i was younger. Yet for the life of me i can't remember if the ever swim in that show. So Raine might be worried over nothing. Besides she is a pretty good (para)medic so even if she can't swim she is still useful.
Also is it just me or Maren feet look off?
erm... I think you might've accidentally PII'd yourself/a friend
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#3527 Post by Kellard »

Warrl wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:56 am I do believe you have the wrong link there... the LinkedIn page for what looks to me like a Mexican (Spanish+native) name.
Spoiler!
I believe that's actually him, and that he may have pasted the wrong link unknowingly.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3528 Post by tony1695 »

So, yesterday's sketch shows us the arrangement Keith and Natani have with Little Spoon, one of those cute, warm pieces.

And today's, Sythe is having some trouble with Petting Nibbly. Let it get heavy, Sythe, you know you want to.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#3529 Post by Hulk10 »

DeviantArt version of Little Spoon?
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3530 Post by tony1695 »

Hulk10 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:43 am DeviantArt version of Little Spoon?
Apologies, didn't realise it was one of those sketches. Here you go.

And for today's, Red and Raine discover there are some serious Side Effects to wearing the Collar of Keidranification for a whole week. (DA link)
Why is it so easy to imagine the old dial-up modem sound?
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#3531 Post by Hulk10 »

tony1695 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:17 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:43 am DeviantArt version of Little Spoon?
Apologies, didn't realise it was one of those sketches. Here you go.

And for today's, Red and Raine discover there are some serious Side Effects to wearing the Collar of Keidranification for a whole week. (DA link)
Its ok and thnx

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#3532 Post by Shockwave07 »

tony1695 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:17 pmAnd for today's, Red and Raine discover there are some serious Side Effects to wearing the Collar of Keidranification for a whole week. (DA link)
It just is. For those of it who grew up with it, it just is.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#3533 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Today we once more have more information than you ever knew you needed to know, this time about Raine!

Raine Ref Sheet

I thoroughly approve of this ref sheet trend lately, I can't get enough of this sort of lore info.

Interesting to see just how dramatic a size and mass difference there is between her forms; it's not just that her legs are a bit longer in wolf form, she's significantly bigger all-around. The note about magical capacity is also quite interesting. I think we all could tell that she had a *lot* of magic potential, even if it was being held back by her lack of training and the limitations of her wolf form, but even more than Trace? Yow.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#3534 Post by Neutral Smith »

Magic is just energy and matter at the same time.

Might be an explanation for the weight loss in human form :P

Does anyone have a calculator for turning 14kg of weight into energy?
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#3535 Post by aitaituo »

Wolfram Alpha should be able to do that calculation for you, but the server is down for me right now.

I think any real world numbers are going to be a little disappointing. 14kg is a lot of energy and it's clearly not being stored chemically. Human muscles only store enough energy to go at 100% for a few seconds befrore they have to start oxidating. By comparison, Raine needs to be somehow storing the energy equivalent of .25kg per kg of body weight in her human form. I'm no physicist, but I think with normal physics that's going to, if nothing else, make her body temperature enormous while in human form.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#3536 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Neutral Smith wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:38 pmDoes anyone have a calculator for turning 14kg of weight into energy?
That's a *lot* more energy than you're thinking. 14 kg converted to energy is 1.2*10^18 J, also known as 286 megatons of tnt! That's significantly larger than the largest nuclear weapons ever tested. I think it's a safe conclusion that the excess mass isn't being stored as energy.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#3537 Post by Technic[Bot] »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:44 pm Today we once more have more information than you ever knew you needed to know, this time about Raine!

Raine Ref Sheet

I thoroughly approve of this ref sheet trend lately, I can't get enough of this sort of lore info.
Interesting to see just how dramatic a size and mass difference there is between her forms; it's not just that her legs are a bit longer in wolf form, she's significantly bigger all-around. The note about magical capacity is also quite interesting. I think we all could tell that she had a *lot* of magic potential, even if it was being held back by her lack of training and the limitations of her wolf form, but even more than Trace? Yow.
I once theorized that had her been properly trained on magic Raine would give Trace a good run for his money. Now i see i was correct. Hell had she been trained at all by her mother Trace rebellion would have lasted very little...
MuonNeutrino wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:51 pm That's a *lot* more energy than you're thinking. 14 kg converted to energy is 1.2*10^18 J, also known as 286 megatons of tnt! That's significantly larger than the largest nuclear weapons ever tested. I think it's a safe conclusion that the excess mass isn't being stored as energy.
The only "real" requirement I can see to have operational magic is breaking the first or second law of thermodynamics. Conservation of energy that is. Because if energy can simply pop into existence and/or you are immersed in some high density ether/energy/magic/technobable field. There is no reason you can simply siphon lots of it any time you need and put it back later.

*I am being real loose on the real part...
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#3538 Post by Neutral Smith »

I said magic might be an explanation for the weight loss.

Or she just does what a lot of women dream of, a continuous 'light levitation' spell to cheat the scales :mrgreen:
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Tyger42
Apprentice

#3539 Post by Tyger42 »

Neutral Smith wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:10 am I said magic might be an explanation for the weight loss.

Or she just does what a lot of women dream of, a continuous 'light levitation' spell to cheat the scales :mrgreen:
Lot of men dream of that, too, you know...

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#3540 Post by Hulk10 »

Yeah lots of them do. I agree.