The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Re: Sketch of the Day

#2641 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Shockwave07 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:19 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 2:16 am Since is related to today Sketch.
To this date a question has been nagging in the back of. My head:
What was Nintendo thinking when they designed Krystal for starfox?
Given it was Rare that designed Krystal... Sexy anthromorphic animal.

-----

And have to say that tuft of fur looks comfy.
It was sort of a rethorical question: How at no point of development, from design, to pitch, to marketing, no one at Rare, or Nintendo, a company infamous for removing almost all suggestive, religious or violent content from their main Intelectual properties, asked: Is this character design ok forthe type of game we are making?
I personally do not complain about the end product, but i do wonder how it came to see the light of day as it is...
aitaituo wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:07 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 2:16 am -Auto Snip-
What was Tom thinking when he designed, Kat, Flora, Raine, Laura, 37, and the Adrakist Three? I believe polite company doesn't talk about.

Believe it or not the ideas and motivations behind ideas designs and inventions is something i have always found incredibly interesting. If you not only ask what, and how but also why. You generally get some interesting insights.
tony1695 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:16 pm Bunny Girls
Raine, it doesn't matter that it's redundant, it's part of the getup, roll with it.
Two questions:
1- Just how tall is Wolf-Raine?
2- Just how short was Laura?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Pretorian

#2642 Post by Pretorian »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:45 am
Shockwave07 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:19 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 2:16 am Since is related to today Sketch.
To this date a question has been nagging in the back of. My head:
What was Nintendo thinking when they designed Krystal for starfox?
Given it was Rare that designed Krystal... Sexy anthromorphic animal.

-----

And have to say that tuft of fur looks comfy.
It was sort of a rethorical question: How at no point of development, from design, to pitch, to marketing, no one at Rare, or Nintendo, a company infamous for removing almost all suggestive, religious or violent content from their main Intelectual properties, asked: Is this character design ok forthe type of game we are making?
I personally do not complain about the end product, but i do wonder how it came to see the light of day as it is...
aitaituo wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:07 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 2:16 am -Auto Snip-
What was Tom thinking when he designed, Kat, Flora, Raine, Laura, 37, and the Adrakist Three? I believe polite company doesn't talk about.

Believe it or not the ideas and motivations behind ideas designs and inventions is something i have always found incredibly interesting. If you not only ask what, and how but also why. You generally get some interesting insights.
tony1695 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:16 pm Bunny Girls
Raine, it doesn't matter that it's redundant, it's part of the getup, roll with it.
Two questions:
1- Just how tall is Wolf-Raine?
2- Just how short was Laura?

Laura is 5'6 but I couldn't find a picture where that was mentioned

Edit: Found it https://twokinds.deviantart.com/art/Two ... t-95649866

Eclipse
Templar Master

#2643 Post by Eclipse »

Bunny Keidran need to be a thing badly.

NuclearBird
Master

#2644 Post by NuclearBird »

Shopping for parts

I wonder where they keep the Infinity Boots...
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

ClockworkPanda
Citizen

#2645 Post by ClockworkPanda »

Raine! No touch! Or well, unless you're planning to buy it... I'm sure Eric would be up with paying for some more of his 'sister''s shopping :P

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#2646 Post by TheMouse »

There's a thought. With the ability to store energy in magic crystals, and the demands that an ongoing war would place on the industry, why haven't we seen more magical cybernetics? Is healing magic advanced enough to just replace lost limbs? I don't really think so. I'm honestly surprised that in a war as brutal as this one is implied to be, we're not seeing more veterans that have lost limbs or the like.

And some guy making enchanted, functional, magic-powered replacement parts would be filthy [censored] rich.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#2647 Post by tony1695 »

TheMouse wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:33 pm There's a thought. With the ability to store energy in magic crystals, and the demands that an ongoing war would place on the industry, why haven't we seen more magical cybernetics? Is healing magic advanced enough to just replace lost limbs? I don't really think so. I'm honestly surprised that in a war as brutal as this one is implied to be, we're not seeing more veterans that have lost limbs or the like.

And some guy making enchanted, functional, magic-powered replacement parts would be filthy [censored] rich.
Probably the difficulty in making prosthetics that are durable, lightweight and capable of a full range of movement. What we've seen in-universe is that their metal-working isn't much more advanced than, say, 1500s level. Highly unlikely they've found an alloy that fits the first two requirements, or the manufacturing capability to produce all the fine parts for the third.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#2648 Post by TheMouse »

tony1695 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:22 pm
TheMouse wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:33 pm There's a thought. With the ability to store energy in magic crystals, and the demands that an ongoing war would place on the industry, why haven't we seen more magical cybernetics? Is healing magic advanced enough to just replace lost limbs? I don't really think so. I'm honestly surprised that in a war as brutal as this one is implied to be, we're not seeing more veterans that have lost limbs or the like.

Probably the difficulty in making prosthetics that are durable, lightweight and capable of a full range of movement. What we've seen in-universe is that their metal-working isn't much more advanced than, say, 1500s level. Highly unlikely they've found an alloy that fits the first two requirements, or the manufacturing capability to produce all the fine parts for the third.
I don't know. Has anyone been shown with a watch? Jewelers throughout the ages have done small scale precision work, and conveniently, the same steel varieties that make good armor and weapons make good, durable pieces.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#2649 Post by Ddraig »

TheMouse wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:42 am
tony1695 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:22 pm

I don't know. Has anyone been shown with a watch? Jewelers throughout the ages have done small scale precision work, and conveniently, the same steel varieties that make good armor and weapons make good, durable pieces.
The issue isn't the ability to make small parts, it's the ability to make small parts that can withstand force. Metallurgy has come very far in the past hundred years, even, and I'd guess that we wouldn't have had the metallurgical capability to build one ourselves until maybe 1850 or so (at a guess) for basic motion, and probably 1930-ish for extended motion. idk if the limit for full motion was material science or control recently, but we're only just starting to get full motion prototypes in the works
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Kaeto
Citizen

#2650 Post by Kaeto »

If they can make intricate armor that can survive more than one battle they have the metallurgy to make artificial limbs. And with magic to power it a functional limb is possible.

Earliest artificial hand known that was capable of holding a sword in combat. It's from the middle ages.
"It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion. It is by the Beans
of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking
becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion."

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#2651 Post by aitaituo »

I get the impression you guys are imagining automail from FMA, but that requires neuromechanical interfacing. If magic could do that, they should be able to make robot drones.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#2652 Post by Ddraig »

Kaeto wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:56 am If they can make intricate armor that can survive more than one battle they have the metallurgy to make artificial limbs. And with magic to power it a functional limb is possible.

Earliest artificial hand known that was capable of holding a sword in combat. It's from the middle ages.
That's effectively a lock gauntlet that's strapped to a amputee-mount, I don't know if I would call it an artificial limb. Mekkan folk should be able to make one of those, but I doubt they'd actually have the fine work necessary for both articulation and strength in the same package
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#2653 Post by Neutral Smith »

And I just thought that the the gauntlet was just a parody of one a recent movie is about. 'Missing accessories'

Maybe something for Trace, to cover his hand.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

NuclearBird
Master

#2654 Post by NuclearBird »

Kaeto wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:56 am If they can make intricate armor that can survive more than one battle they have the metallurgy to make artificial limbs. And with magic to power it a functional limb is possible.

That arm prosthetic gives me Berserk flashbacks...
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#2655 Post by Schrodinger »

NuclearBird wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:13 pm

That arm prosthetic gives me Berserk flashbacks...
Yes, but does it have a cannon in it?
What was it the spider said to the fly...