Comic for Wednesday, December 14th, 2016

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

Comic for Wednesday, December 14th, 2016

#1 Post by CrRAR »

Hey! Zen is okay! (yay)
Spoiler!
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for Wednesday, December 14th, 2016

#2 Post by FrogSteaks »

Okay this is what I'm thinking. The anklet is severing the connection between Nat and Zen, but the residual magic from this area is overriding that and allowing the link to happen anyway.

Also, nice boxers, Red. :P
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

Dadragon6
Citizen

#3 Post by Dadragon6 »

Disappointed that Natani didn't literally say "anything". But anyways, I wonder what would happen if that shackle was to somehow be overloaded with magical power, assuming it can even be. Maybe it would malfunction. Maybe it'd deactivate. Maybe it would create a black hole. Who knows?

Also, look who's telling Zen to pipe down. Love the smell of fresh irony at 3am in the morning.
\ [T] /
"Praise the Sun!"

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by SpottedKitty »

<squee>

:heart: :zen: :heart:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

amenon
Grand Templar

#5 Post by amenon »

Okay, so more emotional dependence on Zen's side than functional dependence. I'll roll with that. If he's going to do the calculus that way, he should be buddying up, but, well... terror and uncertainty.

Still though, if it's like this, how did those immediate first moments go for him not to act out? Feels like that'd take more composure than he seems to possess.

And I guess it turns out fluctuations mean just that; variations in the strength of. Wonder if that's all it's going to amount to, or if there's going to be fragmentary discussion? Another mindscape bit? "Here, have these thoughts of Keith to see you through? :P" (Note, further, that Natani appears to be naked.)

Also, note the ♪ next to Raine in panel 1 (more obvious in the preview) :grin:
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Hayate
The Hidden User

#6 Post by Hayate »

Oh, poor Zen. This is pretty much how I figured he'd be... He had no way of knowing what happened to Nat.

I wonder if this is all happening after Nat woke up, or if they are still unconscious...
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

amenon
Grand Templar

#7 Post by amenon »

Hayate wrote:I wonder if this is all happening after Nat woke up, or if they are still unconscious...
Well, we'd need a proper hairologist to tell us (Is Schrodinger in the house?) but I think this is the realtime slightly-singed Nat.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#8 Post by Myperson54 »

Ooh! Now this is podracing exciting! It would be interesting to see whether their connection actually gets any better or not after this. It might, but with Nat's soul being repaired... Well, it might never heal, or it could go away! I'm curious as to what will come of this...

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Hayate
The Hidden User

#9 Post by Hayate »

amenon wrote:
Hayate wrote:I wonder if this is all happening after Nat woke up, or if they are still unconscious...
Well, we'd need a proper hairologist to tell us (Is Schrodinger in the house?) but I think this is the realtime slightly-singed Nat.
That's what I was thinking. I'm pretty sure this is realtime. If its not then this must be the point where Nat sees Zen inside their mindscape, that's the only other thing I can think of that lines up.
~Hayate~
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#10 Post by BadFoMo »

Huh, Zen doesn’t seem as bad as I thought he would be. That’s good, I guess?

Dadragon6 wrote:Also, look who's telling Zen to pipe down. Love the smell of fresh irony at 3am in the morning.
What do you mean?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

amenon
Grand Templar

#11 Post by amenon »

Hayate wrote:That's what I was thinking. I'm pretty sure this is realtime. If its not then this must be the point where Nat sees Zen inside their mindscape, that's the only other thing I can think of that lines up.
I don't think it can be then, because Natani never got anything from Zen during that sequence. I think that would have had to stand out.

Plus, it's night now, and it seeeeems that mindscape bit was realtime? So it was during morning/day.

So I figure this is that same evening, with Natani getting ready for bed.

With Keith.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#12 Post by Hayate »

amenon wrote:So I figure this is that same evening, with Natani getting ready for bed.
Oh, ok. That could make sense because this is probably the first time since Nat woke up that he is trying to use the link. Maybe the background magic near the spring is weakening the silencing effect of the shackle. I think it was said that the shackle eats up mana around it or something, so it could be overwhelmed.
~Hayate~
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#13 Post by CrRAR »

Neato, so Zen has been just ruminating all this time. Boy, imaginitive speculation aside (lots my own) he took the sophisticated route; calm, cool, and collected. Making the assassin's guild proud. (;_;)

I originally had thought way back when Zen was first shackled that he would be ok but yeah freak out to some degree. Kudos to Tom for keeping us on edge as to his condition, it just turns out he took the high road to not make a bad situation worse. Ha, just a few pages ago he had me worried for sure! -_-'

So like Raine said, it causes fluctuations...so evidently an ebb and flow where in a weak state a murmur of a message can make it through. Glad we got a bit of a internal journal monolog from Zen. hehe

All's well that ends well. I like lil Raine back there. She's so chipper she's whistling a tune it looks like. :3

Last thing, the sketch for this page is really, really good! It captures every panel awesomely.

(some of this I got ninja'd on, lol)
amenon wrote:Still though, if it's like this, how did those immediate first moments go for him not to act out?
IKR, I'm mentally just chalking it up to ultra assassin training. Though this page does kind of demonstrate it a bit. Zen's thinking to himself 90% of the bubbles then blurts out which Red counteracts. I guess he was just super busy in his mind (notice too that Zen's sitting opposite the wall), maybe he did have his own little freakout on his side of the bubble.
amenon wrote:Wonder if that's all it's going to amount to, or if there's going to be fragmentary discussion? Another mindscape bit?
This is interesting too, is Zen getting a playback of saved up messages from Natani or is it live? I think they can multitask over the link aka be "calling" for one or the other yet still do other stuff irl, but the way they're separated now is unpredictable. I could easily see them being "saved up" messages.

The most important part is that Zen has at least a little hope that Natani is alive.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#14 Post by Vintage »

Whaaaat? New page!? Wow, Tom! You're really cranking these out!

Finally we get to see Zen! I'm glad he isn't a broken mess. Not afraid to admit I nearly squeed, too. :P
Spoiler!
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#15 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Heh, Raines face in this is pure win :) :raine:
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now