Comic for December 8th, 2016

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

The Cosmic Kitteh

Re: Comic for December 8th, 2016

#46 Post by The Cosmic Kitteh »

Heyo! Long-time reader, long-time forum lurker here. First time actually got to registering here.

Just felt like pointing out to... whoever it was that got the sort of strong negative feels about the sexual implications in this particular strip, the following:
This comic has always had these themes going. That's always been a lot of its appeal to me, the way how TwoKinds doesn't overdo its sexuality, leaving enough to the imagination, while also providing compelling and rich story arcs. Seems so many people here are referencing the infamy of e621, so, I'll assume someone here has at least seen what that site's about for the most part.
Thing is, on e621 way of rating pictures, when it comes to displaying boobs/mammaries/nipples in general... they don't even rate as "Explicit", by themselves. Just "Questionable".

Now, I could probably rant about this subject for a while, but time is not exactly on my side right now. So, I'll just make one last comment that I actually came here to make originally:

I can't help but love it how Karen just went to bathe topless, and literally no-one so much as bats an eye. Also, I hadn't expected that Raine could get more adorable than she already was.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own! :mrgrin:
:kathrin: I don't ship people. I just put them in a box and throw. Really hard. :karen:

Cpt.Obvious
Apprentice

#47 Post by Cpt.Obvious »

jacobc62 wrote:
Cpt.Obvious wrote:*snip*
I propose a counter to that in that the Mask(s) that created the Keidran race could've foreseen the potential issues with multiple teats and/or breasts on bi-pedal humanoid creatures. Also, it would probably be safe to assume that, despite the shorter life span, a female Keidran would give birth to a similar amount of children that a female human would, thus reducing the need for more than 2 mammary glands.....
Possibly. Question remains if they would care to eliminate the extra teats entirely or if they would leave them as non functional as in the males of the species used as a a source or as an inspiration for their new race.

I'd guess that if they truly created the races from scratch, using the animal races as inspiration for the design, then there will only be the two teats that's easily noticed, but if they started with the animals and evolved and enhanced them then it's more likely that they have the full set, though possibly only two are fully functional.

And now I'm curious just how embarrassed Raine would be if someone asked bout this... Not Red though, he would be way to embarrassed to ask. No it would probably be Karen if she were to overhear Sythe trolling Red.

Dadragon6
Citizen

#48 Post by Dadragon6 »

Well, only one way to find out the truth for sure...
\ [T] /
"Praise the Sun!"

Cpt.Obvious
Apprentice

#49 Post by Cpt.Obvious »

The Cosmic Kitteh wrote:Heyo! Long-time reader, long-time forum lurker here. First time actually got to registering here.

Just felt like pointing out to... whoever it was that got the sort of strong negative feels about the sexual implications in this particular strip, the following:
This comic has always had these themes going. That's always been a lot of its appeal to me, the way how TwoKinds doesn't overdo its sexuality, leaving enough to the imagination, while also providing compelling and rich story arcs. Seems so many people here are referencing the infamy of e621, so, I'll assume someone here has at least seen what that site's about for the most part.
Thing is, on e621 way of rating pictures, when it comes to displaying boobs/mammaries/nipples in general... they don't even rate as "Explicit", by themselves. Just "Questionable".

Now, I could probably rant about this subject for a while, but time is not exactly on my side right now. So, I'll just make one last comment that I actually came here to make originally:

I can't help but love it how Karen just went to bathe topless, and literally no-one so much as bats an eye. Also, I hadn't expected that Raine could get more adorable than she already was.
And I'm amazed that anyone even thought of these last pages as anything even resembling explicit. Questionable? Nothing is shown, or even strongly hinted at. It's all in the dialog, and even that is a long way from explicit.

What it does however is adding fuel for the engine aboard the SS RedRaine. Sythe obviously ships Red and Raine, and feels comfortable enough around them to troll Red about it. And the way Red reacts he isn't uninterested, though he seems unaware just how obvious it is that he's infatuated with Raine.

As for Karen just diving in, yes that's perfectly in line with her personality as it has been shown up to now. All in all I see nothing questionable about these pages, just good clean fun.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#50 Post by SpottedKitty »

Cpt.Obvious wrote:Sythe obviously ships Red and Raine, and feels comfortable enough around them to troll Red about it.
Either that or he just does it for the amusement value, to see what it'll take to reduce Red to a gibbering state of :potatoes: ...

:twisted: :roll: :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Shar
Citizen

#51 Post by Shar »

Cpt.Obvious wrote:
Shar wrote:This actually begs the question of why only the top 2 develop... it seems strange to give them rows when only 2 are ever used since we actually DID see an example of a nursing keidran previously... Perhaps the rest are evolutionary leftovers?
A mystery though are the humans. I can't remember if Tom said that they has evolved, were created, or if they were transported here from some other world. I do think it was one of the two later alternatives, and that their arrival or creation happened at the same time as the Keidran races was created. As I remember it this was part of some game the masks were playing, where each mask took responsibility for one of the new races.
Yeah one of the masks already was seen early in the comic as claiming humanity. Actually in that same strip i found PROOF that half-keidran are a thing that is not unique to flora and trace. the mask that possessed flora (whom i cant recall the name of at the moment) said "there is another race, one that i have not allowed in a very long time". This means that at one time half creatures were a thing and the masks made it stop for some unknown reason.

Strangely also one thing that continues to puzzle me is the mixed signals we are getting about the masks power. They are clearly not omnipotent, far from it in fact as trace actually shattered one of them. Even there rules seem breakable as Raines conception was possible because someone found a way to cheat.. If anything they come across as simply immensely powerful and immortal magic users.

saphire_dragon_rider
Traveler

#52 Post by saphire_dragon_rider »

Welsh halfwit wrote:
stealthyblue wrote:Maybe this has already been discussed but what's with the floating rocks? :shock:
Small, hot, rocks can float as easily as a Squirrel can.
To quote the geniuses at Monty Python:
Sir Bedevere: What also floats on water?
Peasant 1: Bread.
Peasant 2: Apples.
Peasant 3: Very small rocks.
Peasant 1: Cider.
Peasant 2: Gravy.
Peasant 3: Cherries.
Peasant 1: Mud.
Peasant 2: Churches.
Peasant 3: Lead! Lead!
amenon wrote:
Aurora wrote:Is it just me or does it look like Red has his hand in his shorts. :P
Don't know about in his shorts, but I think there's something odd going on with his groin region.

By which I mean that the art looks a little awkward, rather than anything else :P It almost looks to me like his two legs are part of two different poses. (Though admittedly, things can just look really weird sometimes, with how your clothes happen to be sitting and such.)
He's got one leg tucked/folded under the other, I sit like that quite often, rather comfortable. As to his hand? I hope it's resting on his lap, maybe on the ground. Hopefully not on what some people might think it is, because, if he's carrying a torch for Raine, he probably has something other than a torch he can get his hand on at the moment given where his hand is. Most guys with a crush on/ship to sail with Raine probably would given the brushing going on and the subject of the conversation.

amenon wrote:And of course, Raine is absolutely right. Fur doesn't make you any less naked -- unless you think it does. And I don't think the keidran even think it does, they just have a different standard of modesty.
I think some Keidran think it does. Look at many of the members of the Tiger delegation, clothed (quite scantily for some of them.) to a certain extent. That might just be because they are a delagation/royality or because they're going into human territory, but still, some are clothed/covered.
amenon wrote:I wonder what kind of split Maren has in her mind between Raine the human and Raine the wolf. Maybe she thinks it shouldn't really matter because it isn't really her?
I'd like to think Maren sees Raine as Raine, reguardless of how much hair she is sporting. Given her overall reaction to Raine, and her desire to care for her by grooming/brushing her (pet-peeves aside), Raine is Raine.

And out of my own curiosity about what Scythe is saying combined with Karen's question about changes, and the whole shape shifting thing... having body parts and appendages come and go as you shift from one form to another, that's some real head scratching biological, anatomical stuff right there. And all I can say is, thank goodness there's magic to explain it all, because the analytical, logical side of my brain is literally going in about 15 different circles as to how that all works with relation to nerve endings, circulation, bone structure, potential aforementioned rows glands running down the stomach, hearing structure, jaws, teeth, smell.... see what I mean? As I was listing the few things that were in my mind first, more stuff came pouring out.

Thank goodness for MAGIC!!!

P.S. Everytime I look at this page and Raine's face in her last panel, I fall more and more in love with her.... *sigh*
Atra esterní ono thelduin. Mor'ranr lífa unin hjarta onr. Un du evarínya ono varda.

:nora:

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#53 Post by BadFoMo »

The Cosmic Kitteh wrote:I can't help but love it how Karen just went to bathe topless, and literally no-one so much as bats an eye.
I too was wondering why it wasn’t causing any problems like Raine and [Database error]’s accidental skinny dipping did, but didn’t feel uncomfortable enough to say anything.

But now that it’s been brought up, I think the reason I’m not bothered despite the fact that Karen is younger that Raine (and under aged) is because this was voluntary, her privates are still hidden from all and there doesn’t appear to be a hint of perverted-ness.

Anyone else have anything to add, or did I sum it up?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

amenon
Grand Templar

#54 Post by amenon »

saphire_dragon_rider wrote:
amenon wrote:By which I mean that the art looks a little awkward, rather than anything else :P It almost looks to me like his two legs are part of two different poses. (Though admittedly, things can just look really weird sometimes, with how your clothes happen to be sitting and such.)
He's got one leg tucked/folded under the other, I sit like that quite often, rather comfortable.
Oh, I have no trouble telling what the position is, I just think it looks off.
amenon wrote:And of course, Raine is absolutely right. Fur doesn't make you any less naked -- unless you think it does. And I don't think the keidran even think it does, they just have a different standard of modesty.
I think some Keidran think it does. Look at many of the members of the Tiger delegation, clothed (quite scantily for some of them.) to a certain extent. That might just be because they are a delagation/royality or because they're going into human territory, but still, some are clothed/covered.
But clothing doesn't necessarily imply modesty. It could be fashion, or simply utility (hooray for pockets!)
amenon wrote:I wonder what kind of split Maren has in her mind between Raine the human and Raine the wolf. Maybe she thinks it shouldn't really matter because it isn't really her?
I'd like to think Maren sees Raine as Raine, reguardless of how much hair she is sporting. Given her overall reaction to Raine, and her desire to care for her by grooming/brushing her (pet-peeves aside), Raine is Raine.
But I don't think she'd be suggesting Raine go topless if it was human-Raine, nipples or no nipples :P
saphire_dragon_rider wrote:And out of my own curiosity about what Scythe is saying combined with Karen's question about changes, and the whole shape shifting thing... having body parts and appendages come and go as you shift from one form to another, that's some real head scratching biological, anatomical stuff right there.
Here's another one for you: What's going to happen to that fur in Maren's hand when Raine shifts? :grin:
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Ddraig
Templar Master

#55 Post by Ddraig »

amenon wrote:
saphire_dragon_rider wrote:And out of my own curiosity about what Scythe is saying combined with Karen's question about changes, and the whole shape shifting thing... having body parts and appendages come and go as you shift from one form to another, that's some real head scratching biological, anatomical stuff right there.
Here's another one for you: What's going to happen to that fur in Maren's hand when Raine shifts? :grin:
That does make me wonder; Raine said that injuries are shared between forms, so what happens to, say, a cut/sprain/break/etc. on her tail when she shifts to human?
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Aurora
Citizen

#56 Post by Aurora »

LOL! I was just thinking. Altho' it seems unlikely, with Raine's current state-of-mind and iffy control, it's probably a good idea if she kept
her clothes on. I can just imagine what would happen, if she let Karen take off her top -- and then shifted back to Human form. :grin:

Warrl
Grand Templar

#57 Post by Warrl »

saphire_dragon_rider wrote:And out of my own curiosity about what Scythe is saying combined with Karen's question about changes, and the whole shape shifting thing... having body parts and appendages come and go as you shift from one form to another, that's some real head scratching biological, anatomical stuff right there. And all I can say is, thank goodness there's magic to explain it all, because the analytical, logical side of my brain is literally going in about 15 different circles as to how that all works with relation to nerve endings, circulation, bone structure, potential aforementioned rows glands running down the stomach, hearing structure, jaws, teeth, smell.... see what I mean? As I was listing the few things that were in my mind first, more stuff came pouring out.

Thank goodness for MAGIC!!!
Every writer that tries to think too much about the process of shape-shifting between forms similar to commonly-known real-world forms, ends up with something painful - and usually messy. In one instance I recall, a werewolf shifting to wolf-form experienced quite a bit of agony, and then when done would eat his fingers and toes that had fallen off in the process.

Other writers usually either design forms from the ground up to be shape-shifters, or have it be magical and just instantly happening.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#58 Post by Warrl »

Ddraig wrote:
amenon wrote:
That does make me wonder; Raine said that injuries are shared between forms, so what happens to, say, a cut/sprain/break/etc. on her tail when she shifts to human?
That would be a pain in the [censored]*.

(In another fictional universe I have a centaur-shifter who injures one knee while in centaur form. After he shifts back, he needs a leg splinted to stabilize the knee for a few hours.)

* Note: both the proper English word, and the beast of burden that is euphemistically named in its place so often in America that the proper English word is mostly forgotten, get censored here.

Hdeath1
Citizen

#59 Post by Hdeath1 »

Ddraig wrote:That does make me wonder; Raine said that injuries are shared between forms, so what happens to, say, a cut/sprain/break/etc. on her tail when she shifts to human?
I myself have wondered the same thing.....

To me it seems almost like Maren is starting to like Raine as a Kiedran and is rather enjoying grooming her fur(no pervertedness intended). But I do think that Raine is still uncomfortable with the whole situation as she sees herself as human and not Kiedran.
Shar wrote:
Yeah one of the masks already was seen early in the comic as claiming humanity. Actually in that same strip i found PROOF that half-keidran are a thing that is not unique to flora and trace. the mask that possessed flora (whom i cant recall the name of at the moment) said "there is another race, one that i have not allowed in a very long time". This means that at one time half creatures were a thing and the masks made it stop for some unknown reason.
I noted the same thing about half races as well. I think more than anything it was a subtle message to indicate what "was going" to happen with Flora and Trace. Obviously Raine and Party B know it's possible as Raine explained her situation to them. I cant wait to see where the rest goes though, especially the child.
How will it turn out? Human or Kiedran first? :D
My DA:http://hdeath1.deviantart.com/gallery/
(please give feedback) :D
New art and char concepts coming soon...

multilis
Citizen

#60 Post by multilis »

As everything else, it all comes down to Star Wars. There was a girl named Shmi who gave birth while still a virgin to a "chosen one". Obviously a test tube baby genetically engineered and IVF (In Vitro Fertilization). A little genetic material from Jar Jar gave the boost to the kid's magic powers.

Flash forward from "long ago and a place far away" and Godfather Jar Jar has been cloning and genetically engineering himself (to survive old age) for so many generations that what is left of Jar Jar are bored "gods" that look nothing like him and who have nothing better to do than tweak the dna of humans and see how their creations compete with the other "gods". Some chose to splice in a little dna from wolves, foxes, cats, etc. So the final product is mostly human but with that little animal dna you get some traits like big ears and small useless extra nipples.