The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Comic for December 3rd, 2016

#1 Post by Vintage »

Caption: Personal Attention

"Raine was alone for most her childhood so getting any attention like this is new."
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Brushie brushie! This page is great!
I'm sure getting brushed would be a weird feeling, especially since Raine still isn't quite used to her tail.

I also can't help but read Sythe's comment in Bender's voice.

Time for some nice Sythe stew as well. :mrgreen:
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

Comic for Saturday, December 3rd.

#2 Post by TheMouse »

I'm on my phone, so this is improperly done. Deal! I'll fix it once I'm home.

Or it'll get merged with a properly done thread.

Are we gonna see Maren x Raine shipping? Because that is some adorable interaction there, and I love it.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

SirJahar
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for December 3rd, 2016

#3 Post by SirJahar »

Poor girl needs to learn to take care of that beautiful coat of hers.

saphire_dragon_rider
Traveler

#4 Post by saphire_dragon_rider »

Raine is quickly becoming my favorite character. I mean, I love everyone to death, and I relate to Keth the most, but I really think I could sit with Raine and just be content with her for the longest time...

Why do I always end up likening the most detached/closed off characters the most... Whats wrong with me??
Atra esterní ono thelduin. Mor'ranr lífa unin hjarta onr. Un du evarínya ono varda.

:nora:

amenon
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for Saturday, December 3rd.

#5 Post by amenon »

TheMouse wrote:Are we gonna see Maren x Raine shipping? Because that is some adorable interaction there, and I love it.
amenon in January 2015 wrote:Between the last panel and the sketch, I suddenly find myself one indication away from needing to ship Maren and Raine. It's practically a moral imperative for me if it's plausible.
ALL ABOARD!

I think Raine's mom really did a number on her, so... it's very good to see people be good to her. So go Maren :grin:

The dig at Sythe is also pretty high quality :P
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#6 Post by BadFoMo »

Maren wrote:Ugh. I don’t know if I’ll ever get used to it.
Wait do you mean get used to Raine being a Keidran, or did you need to sell your shoes too and have been going barefoot this whole time?

Also, Maren X Sythe confirmed even more!
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#7 Post by Sage Asuka »

...I'm gonna headcanon that poodles exist in this world with Maren owning one and none of you can stop me
Image Image Image Image

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#8 Post by Elemental Templar »

saphire_dragon_rider wrote:Raine is quickly becoming my favorite character. I mean, I love everyone to death, and I relate to Keith the most, but I really think I could sit with Raine and just be content with her for the longest time...

Why do I always end up likening the most detached/closed off characters the most... Whats wrong with me??
There's nothing wrong you. I'm kinda the same way; Detached characters and/or ones with troubled backstories are my favorite characters because of how much depth and character development they can undergo.

Also: 50 Pages left until 1000!!!

Can't Wait :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#9 Post by CrRAR »

Sythe interjection FTW!

Finally some rest time for the group. I guess Raine's gotta put some miles on those new pads, they'll callous up nice in no time!
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#10 Post by SirJahar »

But her pads are so cute! Clearly she needs someone willing to make her something.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Dadrobit »

Huh, it would seem that Sythe has taken up the yoke of cocky charming rogue in the stead of Zen whilst his mind is... doing whatever it's doing that isn't being his charming rogue self.

I think that maybe it's just a thing for male wolves to all be that way by default! :mrgrin:

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by BadJoke »

Hotsprings fanservice... Why am sensing something really bad is about to happen?

And nice of Tom troll us. When Maren blushes she is brushing Raine's hair AND getting a (soft) teasing comment from Zen, so it's impossible to say what's turning her on... You devil.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Lightice
Citizen

#13 Post by Lightice »

My take on this comic: dogs exist in this world!

I wonder what the connection between them and the Keidrans is. Are they really related, or do they just resemble each other by chance? So many questions...

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#14 Post by SirJahar »

:maren: Maren has a serious case of Resting [censored] Face, doesn't she?

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#15 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Adorable Raine is adorable, as usual, but aside from that...

Interesting note: it is now canon that there exist animal dogs in the twokinds universe (or at least that's how I interpret Maren's statement), just like we know there exist animal domestic-type cats. And *that* makes me wonder if there also exist animal wolves. After all, in the real world dogs were domesticated from wolves; we know that the twokinds universe's prehistory doesn't necessarily *have* to work quite the same way, but there's no reason it *can't* either.

If that did turn out to be the case, that would have to have made for some interesting reactions when humans met wolf *keidran* for the first time. From what I understand about the backstory, humans originated somewhere on the eastern side of the continent, while wolves originated on the western side, and the two didn't meet for a long time. Presumably the domestication of dogs from wild wolves would have taken place earlier in human history; I can't see how humans would have *wanted* to domesticate wild wolves after they had become long-term enemies with wolf keidran.

I can also see humans in the twokinds universe taking an even stronger dislike to wild wolves after that time than we already did in the real world. Humans have persecuted the heck out of wolves throughout most of our history in pretty much every area the two species overlapped densely enough to come into frequent contact. Wolves also figure prominently in legions of old legends and superstitions, rarely positively. It's only relatively recently that there's been much notion of conservation, and even in portions of the world where that's the case wolves still often come in for more than their fair share of hatred. But in the twokinds universe, where humans have been in an antagonistic relationship for centuries with, and fought off an *invasion* from, *sentient* wolves...? Anywhere there's reasonably dense populations of humans, I'd expect wild wolves to have been exterminated even more thoroughly than they were in the real world. I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a single wild wolf left in the human empire, or at least anywhere less remote than the northern coast or the foothills of the northern mountains.

And, of course, if there are animal dogs (and perhaps by extension wolves) and animal domestic cats in the twokinds universe, does that mean there might also exist animal foxes and animal big cats? I personally wouldn't be surprised. If so, big cats (or, at least, cats bigger than bobcats and other cats of that general doglike size) are probably as exterpiated within densely settled human territory as wolves (if they lived there to begin with), but the smaller cats and foxes are probably still around just as they are in the real world.

Which leads into the other interesting question - if there *are* animal analogues of the various keidran species, what would those keidran think about them? What would wolves think about their wild counterparts, so like and yet unlike themselves? Would they regard them as competitors, or as inferior copies, or as lesser but still family, or what? Would they resent humans taking wild wolves and breeding domestic dogs from them? What would dogs think about the fact that their counterparts are essentially purpose-bred domestic servants, and created by the humans no less? What would foxes think about how small and seemingly insignificant their animal counterparts are compared to those of other keidran? What would the fierce big cat keidran think about their tiny cutesy-fuzzy-harmless relatives that the humans keep?

Wild animal keidran counterparts may not exist at all (though personally I'm going to consider them my headcanon until proven otherwise :grin:), but they're interesting to think about.