Comic for September 14 2016

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

SirJahar
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for September 14 2016

#16 Post by SirJahar »

... Doubtful that Nat has the "bandages of breast obsucrification".

amenon
Grand Templar

#17 Post by amenon »

SirJahar wrote:... Doubtful that Nat has the "bandages of breast obsucrification".
Rolling with the assumption that he's got the urn, he could have Keith's statue for all we know :P
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Hayate
The Hidden User

#18 Post by Hayate »

Omg, I totally missed that there was a new page...
So it looks like the ship was on fire after all... That was a good boat. There was some good times on that boat, I'm gonna miss it.
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#19 Post by CrRAR »

Hayate wrote:So it looks like the ship was on fire after all... That was a good boat. There was some good times on that boat, I'm gonna miss it.
Yes, I guess once our heroes are clear of danger that will be our loss. :'(

The Na'Rella, we hardly knew of the fantastically pervy voyages you've undertaken but you served the group dashingly! Farewell! Tragically, the briny deep awaits you.

The group had better lace up their trekking boots. They got some walkin' to do now.
amenon wrote:
MuonNeutrino wrote:(And I love that Kat is still holding onto what I think must be the underwear she mentioned in the last strip.)
Ahhhhhh of course that's what that is!

... and if you look at the page preview, I think there's a bit of frill there :grin:
By Jove, yes he's cracked the case. The smallclothes! So obvious...yet such an evasive conclusion. Kat does deliver on all fronts! I hope when all the dust is settled we get to see Natani, ahem, suit up. :wink:

aHa-chacha!
MuonNeutrino wrote:It's finally a situation where none of his normal problems exist, where it doesn't *matter* what other people think, where it's just him and his wits and skills against the challenge in front of him. Here the only thing about his body that matters is whether it's strong and fast - and it is. Here the only thing about his mind that matters is whether he can remain clearheaded in a crisis - and he can. Here the only thing about his past that matters is whether it gives him the skills to survive - and it does. And here the only thing about his feelings that matter is whether they prompt him to do the right thing - and they do. He really looks the hero here because he is. He *is* the superhero in this situation, the one with the strength and will to save the day. It's really not surprising that Kat is so smitten. :grin:
This, whether he realizes it or not, is going to do wonders for his self image. In fact, I am quite amused - borderline giddy - at the strides Natani's taken so darn quickly after being severed from Zen. It's like someone let out a caged animal. No more coma, at peace with self, saving people (sexy people)...watch out Keith (seriously, you think the beatings in the ring were bad before?) this train's headed straight to your stop. Choo-choo. :)

Don't miss it, tickets are limited. :keith: :kathrin:
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

amenon
Grand Templar

#20 Post by amenon »

CrRAR wrote:This, whether he realizes it or not, is going to do wonders for his self image. In fact, I am quite amused - borderline giddy - at the strides Natani's taken so darn quickly after being severed from Zen. It's like someone let out a caged animal. No more coma, at peace with self, saving people (sexy people)...watch out Keith (seriously, you think the beatings in the ring were bad before?) this train's headed straight to your stop. Choo-choo. :)
This isn't really unprecedented, though. Natani is at his best when there's a fire on :P [2008-11-28, 2011-11-17]

(Okay, so I actually think Natani was at his best after Heart's Desire 2, but for this kind of best a good fire is key.)

Edit: I accidentally a word.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#21 Post by CrRAR »

amenon wrote:
CrRAR wrote:This, whether he realizes it or not, is going to do wonders for his self image. In fact, I am quite amused - borderline giddy - at the strides Natani's taken so darn quickly after being severed from Zen. It's like someone let out a caged animal. No more coma, at peace with self, saving people (sexy people)...watch out Keith (seriously, you think the beatings in the ring were bad before?) this train's headed straight to your stop. Choo-choo. :)
This isn't really unprecedented, though. Natani is at his best when there's a fire on :P [2008-11-28, 2011-11-17]

(Okay, so I actually think Natani was at his best after Heart's Desire 2, but for this kind of best a good fire key.)
Oh yeeeeah, true, I guess maybe it's just that how awesome-Natani rarely surfaces. Ha, it's a little tough articulating this.

This is just another one of those moments, but it feels special maybe because Natani's reached a renaissance personally? idk. Like, now there's a bright future where before was uncertainty; routine struggles through a haze.

The focus, at least for now, is purely on Natani. He's the spotlight, it's his story alone. Though successful in extinguishing the last fire I feel like Natani was more of a player at the time. He popped in with the ability to do magic, failed (typical Magi Brother style), then succeeded under Trace's advisement. The Heart's Desire arc was epic but really was Keith's story involving Natani because of their relationship. Natani did the conjuring...but it was really Keith's willingness (and a dash of Natani's friendship) to move on from Laura that saved him. Keith willed her away, Natani could have done all the screaming in the world it would not have ended so well had Keith not reached that juncture. I'm not downplaying any of these moments (even the teleporting one) by any means! All those times, Natani served a purpose to the story (and got to show off some sick skillz)

I guess the defining factor is focus. Now Natani is the story. If Natani were to die next page, the emotional impact would be huge because the character is freshly at such a jumping off point of his saga that the lost potential would be palpable...much like if we were to lose Keith to the Heart's Desire spell. Lost potential due to the snuffing out of a character's future. I guess it's just freshly minted possibilities for our beloved characters are exciting...and it seems Natani is at a really cool point right now doing really cool things which could lead to some even cooler stuff down the road...or maybe I'm just a little crazy. Haha.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#22 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

Maybe Natani water-proofed the urn with magic then put it in a pocket somewhere?
Seems to me to be the most likely/convenient explanation :P

Kaeto
Citizen

#23 Post by Kaeto »

Generally urns are water tight. Otherwise the ashes would tend to attract the moisture from the air and end up a solid mass in the urn.
"It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion. It is by the Beans
of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking
becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion."

Lightice
Citizen

#24 Post by Lightice »

Kaeto wrote:Generally urns are water tight. Otherwise the ashes would tend to attract the moisture from the air and end up a solid mass in the urn.
Human (or Keidran) ashes also aren't like wood ash that could wash away from being submerged. They're more like gravel in consistency and will keep intact even if the urn isn't perfectly sealed.

Kaeto
Citizen

#25 Post by Kaeto »

Lightice wrote:
Kaeto wrote:Generally urns are water tight. Otherwise the ashes would tend to attract the moisture from the air and end up a solid mass in the urn.
Human (or Keidran) ashes also aren't like wood ash that could wash away from being submerged. They're more like gravel in consistency and will keep intact even if the urn isn't perfectly sealed.
Depends on how thoroughly they are cremated. A friend of mine who was cremated was fluffy ash after a number of re-burnings.
"It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion. It is by the Beans
of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking
becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion."

JayJayForce
Citizen

#26 Post by JayJayForce »

Well, as we say goodbye to the SS KatxEric as she goes to her watery grave in blaze of glory, we welcome the SS NatxKat on her glorious maiden voyage! :mrgreen:

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#27 Post by Schrodinger »

I'd like to propose that for the next Halloween party that Natani dress as a fire fighter since she has a habit of saving people from burning structures.
SirJahar wrote:
Combak wrote:So, anyone else thinking Kat is falling for Natani hard?
Oh, she's head over heels.
Actually that would happen after they jump.
amenon wrote:Given that:
a) There's no way Natani ditched the urn
b) There's basically no way he could be conventionally carrying it, especially about to go for a swim

... I think that Natani's invisible inventory actually has to be a real in-canon thing. Would explain how he pulled a bow out of his [censored] during the island tower sequence :grin:

Also, who wants to bet Natani does the dog paddle :P
It's probably hidden somewhere in that massive fluff of a tail. Also yes, doggy paddle.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

amenon
Grand Templar

#28 Post by amenon »

CrRAR wrote:
amenon wrote:(Okay, so I actually think Natani was at his best after Heart's Desire 2, but for this kind of best a good fire key.)
The Heart's Desire arc was epic but really was Keith's story involving Natani because of their relationship. Natani did the conjuring...but it was really Keith's willingness (and a dash of Natani's friendship) to move on from Laura that saved him.
I did literally mean after Heart's Desire 2 -- though during was great as well, an interesting mix of on-fire and not-quite-on-fire -- when, despite there not being a crisis, he did this. [2013-10-21] And this. [2014-03-16] And this. [2014-05-15]

(But yeah, I agree that this is a very important time for Natani as a character! Just... not the first such :P)
AndreRhineDavis wrote:Maybe Natani water-proofed the urn with magic then put it in a pocket somewhere?
Seems to me to be the most likely/convenient explanation :P
That thing is not pocketable, not with Natani's outfit :P (Though Schrodinger may have a point about the tail...)
Today I Learned! And I realized I've been looking at that thing as being, well, basically someone's repurposed cookie jar... but it's actually got a metallic sheen, doesn't it? So if it's a screw-on-or-otherwise-tight lid, there's not really much of a danger to it, huh.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#29 Post by BadFoMo »

CrRAR wrote:
Hayate wrote:So it looks like the ship was on fire after all... That was a good boat. There was some good times on that boat, I'm gonna miss it.
Yes, I guess once our heroes are clear of danger that will be our loss. :'(

The Na'Rella, we hardly knew of the fantastically pervy voyages you've undertaken but you served the group dashingly! Farewell! Tragically, the briny deep awaits you.
I'm sure the Merfolk will make good use of it.

Merfolk 1: This is a nice place you got here.
Merfolk 2: Why thank you! It's new. When I saw that it came with beautiful paintings of Furred Land Dwellers, well, I just had to have it.
Merfolk 1: I'm not judging nor mocking you, but I never understood your fascination with Land Dwellers in general. They look so weird with two to three small tails and the third one is almost generally useless.
Merfolk 2: I know! They're so alien looking, and yet they have similar features to us.

Anyway, concerning where the urn is…
On 9-15-2016, people in the IRC wrote:(1:47:08 AM) Ketzal: say tom, where did the urn go in this page?
(2:05:31 AM) Tom: It's hanging from Natani's hip.
(2:17:46 AM) Ketzal: ah

Also, we have this.
They then wrote:(2:21:34 AM) Ketzal: bah, I wish you didn't cut out the top part of Kat's head in that last shot XP
(2:21:44 AM) Ketzal: panel*
(2:34:00 AM) Tom: Oh, what for?
(2:34:20 AM) Kindamoody: Ah, I see that you followed my advice, Tom. ;)
(2:34:33 AM) Ketzal: had a panel shuffle idea, but it'd look a little funny with her hair suddenly cut off XP
(2:34:40 AM) Ketzal: eh, might still do it
(2:35:13 AM) Kindamoody: Ketzal, just add the part he cut off? ^^
(2:35:29 AM) Ketzal: what do you think I am, an artist? :P
(2:36:44 AM) Kindamoody: On the other hand (speaking of comic)... arrgh, onomatopoeia over a text bubble again. >_<
(2:37:55 AM) Kindamoody: Also, I'm no artist either but I've had to add lots of comic parts before Tom started making speechless comics!
(2:39:06 AM) Kindamoody: Both what was hidden behind onomatopoeia and behind the text in the old transparent text bubbles.
(2:39:12 AM) Ketzal: but kimoooooo, it wouldn't look goooood!
(2:39:38 AM) Kindamoody: Ever tried? ;)
(2:39:58 AM) Ketzal: I mean, I put stripes on Kat >.>
(2:40:01 AM) Ketzal: but that was easy
(2:40:58 AM) Kindamoody: Tom! Toooom! Give me an image without that "Crash!" in front of the "Look out" speech bubble!!! Pleeeease!!!
(2:41:26 AM) Kindamoody: The rest is easy. :/
(2:41:44 AM) Kindamoody: It just takes some time to do, but not at all as long as that part.
(2:44:52 AM) Tom: http://twokindscomic.com/images/2016091 ... lators.jpg
(2:45:00 AM) Kindamoody: :D
(2:45:17 AM) Kindamoody: ThankyouthankyouthankyouTom! ^^
(2:45:43 AM) Ketzal: dat filename XD
(2:49:11 AM) Kindamoody: http://kindamoody.com/versions/?p=937 <---- updated! :D
(2:49:12 AM) alaric: Title: Archive with various versions of Twokinds pages (at kindamoody.com)
(2:49:51 AM) Kindamoody: Wow, I forgot that bot and its link snarfer. xP
(2:50:13 AM) Ketzal: yay!
(3:00:20 AM) Zapp: That last panel is going to be used for lewd
(3:00:42 AM) Zapp: especially with the blank text bubble
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Meribah
Citizen

#30 Post by Meribah »

Lovin' the heroic "Fabio" look on Nat in the second to last panel! :mrgreen: