My theory on the keidran lifespan. (please help!)

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

Re: My theory on the keidran lifespan. (please help!)

#16 Post by Hulk10 »

Cyon is right I'd say.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#17 Post by Ddraig »

Cyon wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:43 pm I think that, as long as it helps forward the plot, the vagueness of a fixed age limit leaves some flexibility around how the story can be structured. If Tom gave us an exact value, it could cut off some possible story paths or influence how we see say Euchre.

Generally speaking, characters important to the plot will probably live longer than expected to prolong the course of the story. If everyone died prematurely, it wouldn't be much fun.
That, and an 'age limit' is always going to be vague. Even in real life, people die (of natural causes) anywhere from their 70's to 110.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#18 Post by GaySailors »

Cyon wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:43 pm I think that, as long as it helps forward the plot, the vagueness of a fixed age limit leaves some flexibility around how the story can be structured. If Tom gave us an exact value, it could cut off some possible story paths or influence how we see say Euchre.

Generally speaking, characters important to the plot will probably live longer than expected to prolong the course of the story. If everyone died prematurely, it wouldn't be much fun.
I wouldn't say that. Unless Trace does figure out how to prolong life, plot armor isn't going to help. It's the entire point of the story - she will die sooner than Trace wants. She isn't going to be an exception and live until 28 or something unless Trace succeeds. I can see it happening with Natani perhaps. Maybe even Mike.

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#19 Post by GaySailors »

Ddraig wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:39 pm

That, and an 'age limit' is always going to be vague. Even in real life, people die (of natural causes) anywhere from their 70's to 110.
Except the difference is that Euruche states hes "getting old" in the sense that he'll die soon. In human terms, that could be around 80~90 years old. I can find a few more points in the story that mention the whole keidren age issue in a bit, that might help.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#20 Post by Hulk10 »

Biology is a funny thing. There are few absolutes.

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Qwe304
Citizen

#21 Post by Qwe304 »

I believe there was an older sketch (or an info sheet) of flora, where tom had her equivalent age in parentheses, 21 or 23 if I remember
from my calculations, the relation between keidran age(y) and equivalent human age(x) is reasonably accurately modeled by y=3x-6
Reality is a cool place but I wouldn't want to live there -anonymous

Not_that_person

#22 Post by Not_that_person »

I think the question is pretty much answered by now, with this image from Tom: Image

NuclearBird
Master

#23 Post by NuclearBird »

Not_that_person wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:54 pm I think the question is pretty much answered by now, with this image from Tom: Image
"I don't wanna be rebellious!"

Oh God, the irony...
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#24 Post by Hulk10 »

It is rather ironic that Maeve doesn't want to be rebellious.