Comic for July 13th 2016

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

musicgeek
Apprentice

Comic for July 13th 2016

#1 Post by musicgeek »

Alternative title: "Enemies Everywhere" or as I like to call it, Kei's mental breakdown.

So, my first comic update post, woo.
oh god what do i put here

Hayate
The Hidden User

Re: Comic for July 13th 2016

#2 Post by Hayate »

I literally just closed the steam and someone's already managed to post the new page xD
Good job, you speedy devil.
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

musicgeek
Apprentice

#3 Post by musicgeek »

Oh, I was waiting with the new post page open for a good 10 minutes. xD

I was actually excited when the new page came and typed up this post in a blaze. I really am that sad.

All Kei needs is a vein on his forehead...
oh god what do i put here

Hayate
The Hidden User

#4 Post by Hayate »

Kei really doesn't seem to know how to handle all this... Good thing he has other, real, leaders around to take up the slack... Looks like this is really gonna be the start of a Tiger-Templar alliance...
~Hayate~
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Tendo
Master

#5 Post by Tendo »

Come to think of it, we saw a wolf Templar before.... what if these wolves really are Templar and acting on their behalf instead of just pretending to be Templar?

(On ANOTHER case of Wild Mass Guessing... I am starting to wonder if the reason Kei freaked out about Reed is because it's a wolf using a illusion spell that he almost saw through...)

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#6 Post by Elemental Templar »

Hayate wrote:Kei really doesn't seem to know how to handle all this... Good thing he has other, real, leaders around to take up the slack... Looks like this is really gonna be the start of a Tiger-Templar alliance...
Or possibly a three-way war between Wolf Keidren, Tiger Keidren, and Humans if everything goes south...
But, let's try to be optimistic. :) :grin:
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

Hayate
The Hidden User

#7 Post by Hayate »

Tendo wrote: (On ANOTHER case of Wild Mass Guessing... I am starting to wonder if the reason Kei freaked out about Reed is because it's a wolf using a illusion spell that he almost saw through...)
Yeah I'm trying to figure out that panel too. I'm trying to figure out if he did that out of paranoia or maybe some of these 'illusion' theories are gonna pan out.

I personally don't think its illusions. I think he is just paranoid because they just unmasked one person who they thought was human and they turned out to be a wolf, and now there is another person who has their face hidden in front of him. Kei has a lot on his plate right now, I can see him being stressed haha
~Hayate~
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by Ketzal »

Jeez, tom really wants us to hate this guy, doesn't he?

Really hoping the next page is a cutaway to the docks.

Rafe
Council Member

#9 Post by Rafe »

Still have a lot of shoes waiting to drop here, but one thing might give us a clue, if and when we see it:

The Petable Wolf, assuming he's still alive, is going to have to be dealt with. He's obviously guilty of doing things that could get him executed very quickly, and maybe being tortured for information first. I doubt whether anyone would consider giving wolves some kind of prisoner of war status. Some, perhaps the Templar or other elements that are behind this attack, might just kill him as soon as they can get to him before he can talk. Or they might just throw him to an angry Edinmire lynch mob. The prudent thing would of course be to get as much information from him before anything like that could happen. When we get some suggestions on his fate, and from whom, we'll know more.

If someone trustworthy could probe his mind, the way Mary did with Rosealyn, you might get some reliable info. Right now, you don't even know for sure if he's even a real wolf or not. Better get those mana crystals away from him and see what happens.

Of course the other major thing we're dealing with is, who is going to find Natani and what kind of potentially horrible situation is she in for? Maybe she'll recognize (or be recognized by) one of these wolves. Maybe the Petable Wolf will end up being a childhood friend or whatever.

ReBob
Council Member

#10 Post by ReBob »

Kei is finally cracking under pressure. Think Tom has paid attention to those defending Kei and adjusting his behavior accordingly? Something to ponder about.

Anyway, not a fan of leaders who can't handle pressure to be appointed untested. So, first real criticism of him comes from this page. You're the guard captain, Kei, grow a pair and get a crew started on those fires and someone to do house checks.

I just have to laugh at Brahn, though. "Soil our good name", ha... You're a real funny guy.

EDIT: Banners incoming eventually tonight.
Image Image
Image Image
I make banners. Want one?
Rest in Peace, Satoru Iwata.

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#11 Post by Vintage »

Paranoia! Everyone is a wolf!

...did the saberchief just admit that she didn't like Humans? Would the alliance have worked out anyway?
Though I suppose there's still a chance.
Spoiler!
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#12 Post by BadFoMo »

Hayate wrote:Kei really doesn't seem to know how to handle all this... Good thing he has other, real, leaders around to take up the slack...
Was it ever stated if he earned his rank as Captain? I remember hearing a theory that he may have been promoted because he was the most qualified soldier and they needed a replacement.

Hayate wrote:
Tendo wrote:(On ANOTHER case of Wild Mass Guessing... I am starting to wonder if the reason Kei freaked out about Reed is because it's a wolf using a illusion spell that he almost saw through...)
Yeah I'm trying to figure out that panel too. I'm trying to figure out if he did that out of paranoia or maybe some of these 'illusion' theories are gonna pan out.

I personally don't think its illusions. I think he is just paranoid because they just unmasked one person who they thought was human and they turned out to be a wolf, and now there is another person who has their face hidden in front of him. Kei has a lot on his plate right now, I can see him being stressed haha
I'd have to go with paranoia as well; although I do like illusion idea as well. I'm too lazy to look it up, but wasn't Reed the one sent to investigate the possible Wolf Keidran sighting? Maybe he got captured/killed and replaced.

Ketzal wrote:Jeez, tom really wants us to hate this guy, doesn't he?
What gives you that idea? If it's about the hesitation in giving orders, I have a theory.

Keiren has X amount of potential soldiers (I'm not counting the Tiger Keidran and Templar since they were introduced after the hesitation).
There are Y amount of Wolf Keidran being kept at The Wolfpen who could now escape if they haven't already (is ‘the’ in ‘The Wolfpen’ supposed to be capitalized? It's capitalized in panel one).
There are Z amount of fires starting in and around the town and spreading to the docks.

Y is greater than X.
The size of Z varies from fire to fire and is getting bigger.

I believe Keiren looked at the situation like this and realized Edinmire was a lost cause.

Rafe wrote:Right now, you don't even know for sure if he's even a real wolf or not. Better get those mana crystals away from him and see what happens.
That just gave me a really bad idea. What if as a fallback plan for in case of something like this happened, those Mana Stones would automatically resurrect the dead user into a Zombie like state? Sure, you've lost one of your soldiers, but now you have an abuse taking killing machine behind enemy lines.

TheWMM wrote:Paranoia! Everyone is a wolf!
I was thinking of that as well; although my version was ripping off the ending of B-17 from Heavy Metal.

TheWMM wrote:...did the saberchief just admit that she didn't like Humans? Would the alliance have worked out anyway?
Though I suppose there's still a chance.
I think it was going to be more of a glorified "You don't mess with me, I don't mess with you" understanding than an alliance.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#13 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Kei's own hastiness and lack of attention to detail are showing. Also his lack of basic sleight of hand tactics. But hey, perhaps we will get some fun times in the coming panels.
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#14 Post by Schrodinger »

In defense of Keiren this is without a doubt the worst day of his life. He's the guard captain of a sleepy port town, it was bad enough his domain was chosen as the site of the critical meeting between one of the Master Templar and the leader of the Tiger tribes necessitating him rounding up the wolf keidran for protection. Then the business with his former slave. Then the basitin entourage shows up asking questions about wolves. Then the incident with the fraudster mercs. Then the attack by Templar imposters. Then he learns that some impostors have infiltrated his ranks and may be freeing the wolves which would trigger a full skirmish in the city. And lastly, everything is on fire!

He is BSODing hard and I don't blame him one bit.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#15 Post by SirJahar »

I think I was in the "Kei was promoted out of need for a Captain" camp....
I'm starting to remember why.
He may be overloaded, and in a situation he never expected to be in, but his rank demands that he not crumple like this.