Comic for Sunday June 5th, 2016

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Hayate
The Hidden User

Re: Comic for Sunday June 5th, 2016

#16 Post by Hayate »

BadFoMo wrote:
Hayate wrote:Ok, so the dragon is here now, we still don't know who's team she is on though!
Well, based on (allegedly) the attacker's tone of voice, Reni is not part of their plan; I'd say she's most likely with the good guys. However, after the attackers retreat, I'm thinking she may turn on Trace. After all, he is a genocidal maniac and wanted by the Templar.
I too would be surprised if she was aiding the attackers, but hey, it could happen. You raise a good point though, she may assume Trace is with them. They are claiming to be doing this in his name after all...
BadFoMo wrote:
Hayate wrote:I like the lack of discipline the attackers have, makes me think they aren't organised enough to be splinter Templar.
It also pokes a hole in my ‘They-Are-Golems-Created-By-Trace-Before-He-Lost-His-Memory-Which-Have-Been-Hiding-Out-In-A-Pocket-Dimension-Only-Accessible-Through-The-Riftwall-Tavern's-Portal’ theory. Unless of course they were given a sense of self-preservation and individuality.

Also, does anyone else think that the first three panels seem a bit barren without any text? I don't know what they could be saying, but seems like they should be saying something.
That is quite a theory... I don't think he has the ability to create life though. Otherwise I think he would have used it to save/revive is dead wife instead of setting a trap for his future self haha.

And yes, I agree the first few panels were kinda odd, the tiger girls are just there to literally hold them up haha
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

ChaosSepher

#17 Post by ChaosSepher »

To quote one of my favorite Robot Chicken bits "The rats are scattering!"

So yeah I would think these chuckleheads would take the local dragon into account. Did they hope to do the damage they intended before she showed up or have any particular contingency plan to deal with her? Regardless, I am sure Trace's interference has thrown anything they had in mind completely down the crapper.

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#18 Post by SirJahar »

I'm leaning towarda Reni being a free-agent, rather than in anyone's payroll.

As for the attackers, they seem more like they are pretending to be templars with ebery page to me. Wich makes this the chapter of fakes, it seems.

Phaing
Master

#19 Post by Phaing »

Rani looks wonderful!!!
Again.

Okay, just had to get that out of the way 1st.

Killer57 wrote:I do have to wonder how this attention will work out for Trace, now that people know he's there.
Oh, I'm thinking that Trace is pretty much bullet-proof for the remainder of his stay there. If the Templars want to arrest him or anything foolish like that, they will have a choice to make- Is it better to go after Trace, or is it better to avoid being torn to pieces by all the Tigers he just saved?
Decisions, decisions.... hmmm.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Diabolicon
Citizen

#20 Post by Diabolicon »

Ok Reni has gone from somewhat "Squee" to Holy schiznit she's a BADASS

Please do not attempt to bypass the swear filter. You may disable it on your UCP if it bothers you, but intentional attempts to get around the filter via "creative" character substitution is against forum policy. Thank you for your compliance with the rules.
--avwolf
Last edited by avwolf on Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Correcting minor swear filter bypass.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#21 Post by BadFoMo »

Hayate wrote:
BadFoMo wrote:
Hayate wrote:Ok, so the dragon is here now, we still don't know who's team she is on though!
Well, based on (allegedly) the attacker's tone of voice, Reni is not part of their plan; I'd say she's most likely with the good guys. However, after the attackers retreat, I'm thinking she may turn on Trace. After all, he is a genocidal maniac and wanted by the Templar.
I too would be surprised if she was aiding the attackers, but hey, it could happen. You raise a good point though, she may assume Trace is with them. They are claiming to be doing this in his name after all...
While I wasn't initially thinking that, I'm not sure if I could see her attacking indiscriminately. She might get a bit awkward around others, but I get the feeling that she wouldn't simply jump to conclusions; I don't know why though.

What I was thinking however was she would team up with Trace at first to chase off or subdue the attackers and then turn on him.

Trace: I think they're gone now.
Reni: It seems that way. Now then…
[Reni pins Trace to the ground.]
Reni: I went to that mind of yours during the fight. They were speaking the truth. You really are the former Grand Templar. You're a danger to society at large, Mr. Legacy.

Where we go from there, I'm not exactly sure.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Hayate
The Hidden User

#22 Post by Hayate »

BadFoMo wrote:While I wasn't initially thinking that, I'm not sure if I could see her attacking indiscriminately. She might get a bit awkward around others, but I get the feeling that she wouldn't simply jump to conclusions; I don't know why though.

What I was thinking however was she would team up with Trace at first to chase off or subdue the attackers and then turn on him.

Trace: I think they're gone now.
Reni: It seems that way. Now then…
[Reni pins Trace to the ground.]
Reni: I went to that mind of yours during the fight. They were speaking the truth. You really are the former Grand Templar. You're a danger to society at large, Mr. Legacy.

Where we go from there, I'm not exactly sure.
Hmm, yeah she can read minds and stuff... The only thing that got me thinking she might attack him is that he literally just shouted that he is the Grand Templar Trace. It will be interesting to see how Reni interprets the situation.

On another note, I miss Nora, she would just genderbend everyone and call it a day :P
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

hatunemiku01
Traveler

#23 Post by hatunemiku01 »

I don't want this to come off as condescending or anything, but Trace's eyes/tattoo kind of bother me in the third panel. It looks like there's no room for a forehead. I mean, I realize he's supposed to look badass and everything, but does anyone else see what I'm seeing?

Please do not attempt to bypass the swear filter. You may disable it on your UCP if it bothers you, but intentional attempts to get around the filter via "creative" character substitution is against forum policy. Thank you for your compliance with the rules.
--avwolf
Last edited by avwolf on Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Correcting minor swear filter bypass.
"I'm not such a loser after all!" -Warlock

Warrl
Grand Templar

#24 Post by Warrl »

hatunemiku01 wrote:I don't want this to come off as condescending or anything, but Trace's eyes/tattoo kind of bother me in the third panel. It looks like there's no room for a forehead. I mean, I realize he's supposed to look bada$$ and everything, but does anyone else see what I'm seeing?
Very much like on the prior two pages, except it's a bit unusual for his eyebrows to not cross over his hair.

TheFrozenSlime
Templar

#25 Post by TheFrozenSlime »

Ah yes, I was wondering when Reni would make her return. Just in time to fight the living mannequins, I see.
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\ <------- This is my attack spider. Don't mess with it.
Procrastinator Extraordinaire and Connoisseur of Fine Distractions,
Self-Proclaimed

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#26 Post by jacobc62 »

hatunemiku01 wrote:I don't want this to come off as condescending or anything, but Trace's eyes/tattoo kind of bother me in the third panel. It looks like there's no room for a forehead. I mean, I realize he's supposed to look bada$$ and everything, but does anyone else see what I'm seeing?
It's kinda meant to be a top-down shot, meaning the camera is above Trace and looking down at him.
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

Napoleon
Citizen

#27 Post by Napoleon »

First of all, Forgive me, but I do not remember the city that there heading towards.
Second of all, I have a sudden feeling that they are going to have either a) a giant detour or b) not go there at all
Why? Trace's actions seem to leading towards him trying to repent for his actions, and take responsibility. Now that he has said to himself and the world that he is the Grand Templar, de-facto leader of humanity, I think he is going to try and basically fix his mess. And when I say mess, I mean society at large. That, my friends, is going to likely take a long while.
Please tell me what you think of this theory. Its just some ideas I had.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#28 Post by aitaituo »

Napoleon wrote:First of all, Forgive me, but I do not remember the city that there heading towards.
Second of all, I have a sudden feeling that they are going to have either a) a giant detour or b) not go there at all
Why? Trace's actions seem to leading towards him trying to repent for his actions, and take responsibility. Now that he has said to himself and the world that he is the Grand Templar, de-facto leader of humanity, I think he is going to try and basically fix his mess. And when I say mess, I mean society at large. That, my friends, is going to likely take a long while.
Please tell me what you think of this theory. Its just some ideas I had.
Lyn'Knoll is the town.

It's pretty plausible that Trace would give up the happy end rather feel guilty for letting the world burn when he knew he could stop it. But Trace's decision to go with Flora to Lyn'Knoll has always been predicated on the idea that using magic may turn him into a genocidal despot at a moment's notice. If he can actually control himself in this fight and win, he might consider it. Otherwise it'll just strengthen his resolve that he has to let the world burn for its own safety.

hravik

#29 Post by hravik »

This reminds me of a couple sayings from another comic I read.

When the going gets tough, the tough call for close air support.

Negotiating from a position of strength does not mean you shouldn’t also negotiate from a position near the exits.

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#30 Post by SirJahar »

I've got my own insomnia inspired crack pot theory.

Before Trace lost his memories, he'd impressed the majority of the dragon population. So much so, that they did the equivalent of swearing loyalty to him. An oath so strong that they would still be obligated to act even now that he is becoming a new (And frankly better) person.
In this theory, Reni wouldn't just be attacking the hostile Templar to protect the town, but also because she had seen Trace, or heard him identify himself, and is obligated to intervene, even at great personal expense and injury (like what happened to Nora, but I like to think that was because she still loved Trace).

Like I said, I've been up all night, so this may not be the best thought out.