Moderator: Moderators

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

Re: Comic for Wednesday, May 18th, 2016

#16 Post by TinyVoices »

Schrodinger wrote:
TinyVoices wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!
Damn, that's a cold [censored] honkey.

Tom could very well have killed her, but I almost feel as though Trace managed to get in there. Won't know til we know.
You'll find I have a long history of this.
That's not what you originally said, but good job on toning down the sadism.
The Rookie wrote:She's quite literally Schrödinger's cat.
Or someone managed to block the impact, but that begins some Final Destination crap.

Shpoople

#17 Post by Shpoople »

I have a feeling trace jumped in front of the fireball and raised a shield or something.

But, that fireball has the unintended side effect of revealing his true identity; burning or blasting off his robes and face patch thingy.
There are things even a god cannot survive.
Spoiler!
I haven't posted here in so long, I don't even remember my old username/password.

Taxouckk
New Citizen

#18 Post by Taxouckk »

Great, finally Maeve can be an interesting character. I mean, let's face it, up to now it was just literally the most typical child you could imagine with only the cuteness factor as a pseudo-redeeming trait, but now I feel a lot can be said about what that event will probably do to her psyche and personality.

kdragonk
Apprentice

#19 Post by kdragonk »

From Maeve's shocked/terrified look I'm guessing that she's gone with the blast wave.
Also, I found this piece of art to be perfect for here: "Hollow" by Heartist
ImageImage

Mionikoi
Apprentice

#20 Post by Mionikoi »

So events concerning Adira and Maeve are the dwindling of possibilities now it seems....

Next up on our list, how is the town going to go about surviving? Hi Princess Reni!
I LOVE WAFFLES! : D

Zylver
Grand Templar

#21 Post by Zylver »

Well, that is not the best comic page to get published on you birthday. :?
Those sons of [censored]! I hope they will pay for this dearly! :x

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

MirceaKitsune
Citizen

#22 Post by MirceaKitsune »

Strange thing is, I can't tell exactly if she got hit or if something in the background got blasted... the last panel doesn't seem to clarify, just to imply! Another long week until we know for sure...

detrius
Citizen

#23 Post by detrius »

Twokinds, winner of the 2016 George R.R. Martin award for special accomplishments in storytelling (category webcomics)!

(There totally needs to be such a thing.)

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#24 Post by TheMouse »

(;_;) This was not a thing I wanted to be right about.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

chickenhawk66
Citizen

#25 Post by chickenhawk66 »

Don't see too many ways out of this for Adira. A last minute save by Trace is possible, but I don't think that he had enough time to react to our favorite kittens disappearance. Speaking of which, Maeve is still very much in the line of fire, and I can't believe that the poor girl has her wits about her after seeing what happened to her mom. Come on Trace, it's time to intervene. Any girl who can be so sweet to Flora, and who has lost so much, deserves a proper rescue.

amenon
Grand Templar

#26 Post by amenon »

Fubar de Lizzy wrote:...or maybe Tom's grown the cold, unrelenting heart of a true storywriter, who knows
What, did you forget approximately everything that's ever happened to Keith? :P

And yeah, this is why you dive tackle rather than shoving. Adira has all of the mass in this exchange... Hmm... this feels forced. Why not just have the attacker target Adira in the first place? I think this setup would have worked better for killing both of them, or for killing Maeve before Adira got to her.

Ah well. Dead is (probably) dead, tone has been established, execution isn't all-important. Targeting a keidran child with evident intent to kill... yeah, I still think these are Templars pretending to be wolves pretending to be Templars. It's hardly conclusive, but I think they'd be more likely to.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#27 Post by kiabugboy »

kiabugboy wrote:I have a bad feeling that adira's going to take the hit directed at maeve and possibly die in the proccess....
yussss!! I knew it!! :D

Uh..... I mean...
Oh nooo, adira...

Mionikoi
Apprentice

#28 Post by Mionikoi »

Again, we saw it coming. .... But then again, surprises you know? Who knows what could happen. Heck! An angel could have popped up holding Adira bridle style and be pointing a flaming sword at templar imposters. Or a 'Mask.' Who knows. Things could turn out really unpredictable. The probabilities are endless and the likelihood already discussed. Oh how fun to watch a cat run off with cheese cake after slaying a horde of sparkly vampires. Hazzah!
I LOVE WAFFLES! : D

CyMoahk
Citizen

#29 Post by CyMoahk »

I think the setup was too direct for anything other than "momma jumps in the way" to happen.

But one thing I'm not getting is why people seem to be viewing this as an "either/or" situation - either Adria is dead, or there's a surprise magic shield in the way. Who said getting hit = getting killed? That particular fireball honestly looked smaller than the guy's hand.

Also, why is no-one discussing the incoming dragon in the top right of the first panel?

Kaz
Master

#30 Post by Kaz »

CyMoahk wrote:Also, why is no-one discussing the incoming dragon in the top right of the first panel?
Or the fact that Maeve's neck spots are in the shape of a broken heart?

Also, calling it now. We're going to have a scene change before Adira is confirmed dead or alive.