Comic for April 9 2016

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Comic for April 9 2016

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

First-hand Lesson
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Comic for April 9 2016

#2 Post by Jonesy »

Generally, when I look out a window as it explodes with a face-full of red light, I just know it's going to be one of those days.

Also, Kat is so adorable. Second panel, especially.

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#3 Post by Vintage »

I didn't think that Natani would have this much *control* over his body while in that state. Maybe it's just a natural reaction to the surge of magic/blinding light.

:kathrin:: "Wait here, Natani!"
:natani:: [Internal Monologue] Yeah, I'll just...do that.

Also, relevant.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by BadJoke »

So Natani is finally reacting? May not be such a great news if black magic is the source of this change.

PS: Beware Kat, you're on the "potential victim" list.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Mionikoi
Apprentice

#5 Post by Mionikoi »

Oooh! She reacts to mana crystals!
I LOVE WAFFLES! : D

lemurvid
New Citizen

#6 Post by lemurvid »

So the magic explosion has shattered the crystal and, possibly, charged the shards, unless that's a trick of the light. It also appears, again possibly, to have charged Natani as well.
Beautiful looking page as well. Love those pink pads!

Razmoudah
Merchant

#7 Post by Razmoudah »

TheWMM wrote:I didn't think that Natani would have this much *control* over his body while in that state. Maybe it's just a natural reaction to the surge of magic/blinding light.

Also, relevant.
This is only relevant in regards to the artist's comments on the image link, but here they are. So, how is this not another Sexy Kathrin? Then again I'm not that much for the usual sexy poses. I like my females to be competent at something other than looking pretty, being sexy, and the sexy fun.
Hmmm......about what I expected when almost half of the questions I'd want to select a few of the answers not a specific one.

ImageImageImageImage

ReBob
Council Member

#8 Post by ReBob »

Appears Natani has a willing apprentice in Kathrin, assuming she continues to accompany them after Edinmire. Assuming this is a build up to the Return of Natani™. Wonder how long it'll take Keith to get there. Not many defenders there, it better be soon. They may end up escaping unseen just as Keith gets there to see the ship destroyed. That would not be good for dear Keith.

"Wait here"... Anyone wanna take bets on whether Natani will still be there when she returns for him?
Image Image
Image Image
I make banners. Want one?
Rest in Peace, Satoru Iwata.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#9 Post by Bellhead »

Natani is on the brink of waking up, but there's still a wall in the way. That look in the last panel seems like she's gonna wake up, and she's gonna be PISSED.

Also, page looks GORGEOUS. And Kat in that second panel.. Wow. Nice job accentuating the fact that she has fur. Art style has indeed come a long way.

Kat, do you need to say everything you think? Or you were just saying all of that to Natani, who's gripping the bedside, and grimacing, while magic explosions light the whole room red.

NOTE TO SELF:
CRT monitors take time to warm up! Do NOT look at the comic immediately after powering on!
Seriously. My mouse ghosted so bad it covered half the comic, which itself was riddled with vertical bars of alternating brightnesses, and the ghosting made most of the dark colors just blend together.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#10 Post by SirJahar »

Well, as always, Kat manages to be adorable.

Seriously, things can only slide further down hill from here. Nat on the verge, Kat getting probably a little too curious for her own good, and Keith running towards the boat...
The clouds have rolled in, and the storm is about to open up.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#11 Post by BadFoMo »

TheWMM wrote:I didn't think that Natani would have this much *control* over his body while in that state. Maybe it's just a natural reaction to the surge of magic/blinding light.

I don't have much faith in the 'Magical Explosion Giving Natani Some Strength' theory (unless the explosion was caused by Wolf Keidran and one of its intended effects is to physically strengthen Wolf Keidran in the vicinity [drafted shock troops if you will], that would be way too convenient). I think it's more like how she was speaking Keith's name earlier; either she has some awareness of the world around her in her near comatose state, or she's in a dream world which may or may not be influenced by the world around her, past memories and desires.

Anyway, about Kathrin telling Natani to "Wait here"; I'm not sure if that was meant to be funny or if Eric's 'Sister Zoning' her may have broken her, caused her to feel completely alone in the world and made her cling to Natani and potential he turned her into a stalker. I was originally going to suggest it was that sort of mental condition where someone who is alone will latch onto inanimate objects and perceive them to have wants and desires, but she could just simply be telling Natani to wait there out of a simple reflex.

Razmoudah wrote:Then again I'm not that much for the usual sexy poses. I like my females to be competent at something other than looking pretty, being sexy, and the sexy fun.
This.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

amenon
Grand Templar

#12 Post by amenon »

BadFoMo wrote:I don't have much faith in the 'Magical Explosion Giving Natani Some Strength' theory (unless the explosion was caused by Wolf Keidran and one of its intended effects is to physically strengthen Wolf Keidran in the vicinity [drafted shock troops if you will], that would be way too convenient). I think it's more like how she was speaking Keith's name earlier; either she has some awareness of the world around her in her near comatose state, or she's in a dream world which may or may not be influenced by the world around her, past memories and desires.
No, I'm almost completely certain now. Natani is stuck on the other end of the link, and just needs a mana source on this end to... well, do something. That's what the 'Keith' is about; first word 'Keith', second word(s) 'get me some crystals.'

And now there was some kind of infusion of magic, either from the explosion, or possibly a shard falling on Natani. Just need a bit more juice...
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Kitch
Apprentice

#13 Post by Kitch »

...she's alive.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#14 Post by Schrodinger »

lemurvid wrote:So the magic explosion has shattered the crystal and, possibly, charged the shards, unless that's a trick of the light. It also appears, again possibly, to have charged Natani as well.
Beautiful looking page as well. Love those pink pads!
Mionikoi wrote:Oooh! She reacts to mana crystals!
Those shards have consistently been shown to independently glow blue, not pink. It's a trick of the light. Those crystals are dead and broken.

I find it amusing no one picked up on how Kathrin's reaction is a combination of a meow and a woof. She is a mixed breed after all.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Aurora
Citizen

#15 Post by Aurora »

Wow, ... I KNEW that had to be visible from the ship. Now, is this, like, a second explosion
-- or should we think that this is, like, what was going on at the same time?

I would have to say that this is an "Meanwhile" kind of thing. If this was a second explosion,
Kat would be showing a reaction to it.