"Templar Sincerity"

Not sure how to react to that one.

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Comic for Thursday, March 18th, 2016

#2 Post by Vintage »

Link to the sketch

Wow, didn't expect this to be up for another day.

This also sounds way too good to be true. Everyone's reactions seem to convey that as well - Keith ain't having none of it.

Of course, Brahn only mentions feline Keidran. The Templar obviously wouldn't release the wolves, but foxes and dogs would still be subject to slavery. There's still a very good chance that there are ulterior motives behind this.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#3 Post by SirJahar »

.... Trace's bandage seems to have disappeared. And taken his mark with it. EDIT: it has returned.

And when at war, you do things that you never would have considered in peace-time. A lot of them are evil and the leader at the time is given a pass by history that they shouldn't be for their crimes. Then there's stuff like this.

Still waiting for the other shoe to drop with a "Instead, we'll just enslave you all in one go" kind of moment.

amenon
Grand Templar

#4 Post by amenon »

Is he the Grand Templar? Maybe he is. Kei is taking him at face value, so he must have the authority, because Kei isn't smart enough to play along. The 'if he's serious' is a little odd, though. Maybe he's a known grandstander?

Probably empty promises. 'It will require time.' Could also be for real, but short-term and long-term can be very different things.

And then again... if tiger slaves are pretty exotic [2006-05-29], is he actually giving up that much? So maybe he's just straight up for real.

Love Keith's expression, and Sealeen's excited clapping, right side by side :grin:
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Warrl
Grand Templar

#5 Post by Warrl »

"Now this will not be an easy change. It will require time."

Translation from politician-speak: We'll start a new program at once, and it might possibly begin to deliver discernible results sometime after all of us are dead.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#6 Post by BadFoMo »

It seems as if Sealeen is all for this abolishment. My question now is if she is on board because she (potentially) naïvely goes along with everything the Templar say, or is she all for the other races being treated equally and sees this as the first step towards that goal?

P.S. I think I sort of called it that Lady Bucky was going to be skeptical in that scene.
P.P.S. To those who are curious, the name Lady Bucky is a minor reference to Legends of Chima. Laval sometimes insultingly refers to Sir Fangar as Sir Bucky to make fun of his Sabertooth Tiger teeth.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Hayate
The Hidden User

#7 Post by Hayate »

Saeleen is quickly working her way into my favorite characters list. Also, I can't wait to hear furry girl's story if she's ever formally introduced. I feel this is all just a ploy by the Templar to gain the Tigers trust still. What he says is too good to be true...
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#8 Post by The Rookie »

It's interesting how he says that the hunting and trading of felines will be abolished. Not that feline slavery itself will abolished. Which leads me to think that those felines who are already slaves, as well as their children and children's children may continue to serve the same masters since they're not being captured or sold to other parties.

Or similarly, we'll just see a lot of cross breeds like Kat coming into the next generation, since she's half canine I'm sure lots of human traffickers will try to use that loop hole to supply their customers with 'feline' slaves.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by kiabugboy »

The Rookie wrote:It's interesting how he says that the hunting and trading of felines will be abolished. Not that feline slavery itself will abolished. Which leads me to think that those felines who are already slaves, as well as their children and children's children may continue to serve the same masters since they're not being captured or sold to other parties.

Or similarly, we'll just see a lot of cross breeds like Kat coming into the next generation, since she's half canine I'm sure lots of human traffickers will try to use that loop hole to supply their customers with 'feline' slaves.
Though, even if they do cross breed felines and canines before the rule was set, it won't last for more than a generation. Unless somehow some cross breeds became born fertile.

Sausmin
Traveler

#10 Post by Sausmin »

This is probably gonna end up in some bandit raid.

Just look how so many people are in one area, and the story is being rather slow in this little town, I am projecting it into my brain every moment.
As for the felines, I didn't even know that were any.
If there was some in previous comic chapters, excuse me, I haven't read the earlier chapters for months.

This all comes down to one thing.....

now cool cat is free

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart." ~Helen Keller

Niara
Apprentice

#11 Post by Niara »

Honestly, I'm not sure anyone should really be surprised about this if they think about it for a few minutes after the grand show has dispersed.... it's hard to be 'allies' with someone if you're actively raiding them for slavery, after all...

I'd consider, rather, that more than trying to anchor the felines as allies, this move is politically based as a wedge to permanently and irrevocably set the felines and canines at odds with each other. This move is as much or more a wedge for the enemies, as it is a balm for the friend.

Tendo
Master

#12 Post by Tendo »

Wait..... I was under the assumption that this was a given if the humans and feline keidran were willing to form an alliance. Both sides are acting like it is some unexpected big deal that they won't hunt and capture each other as slaves anymore when they are already in peace talks with each other...

(Also, I just realized, so this means that Kei can speak Keidran? I wonder how many of the people in that town can if that big announcement was made in just Keidran)
SirJahar wrote:Still waiting for the other shoe to drop with a "Instead, we'll just enslave you all in one go" kind of moment.
Warrl wrote:Translation from politician-speak: We'll start a new program at once, and it might possibly begin to deliver discernible results sometime after all of us are dead.
The Rookie wrote:Which leads me to think that those felines who are already slaves, as well as their children and children's children may continue to serve the same masters since they're not being captured or sold to other parties.
Geez, people really REALLY refuse to believe the humans in this story can be anything other than complete untrustable monsters don't they? And it's not like the keidran haven't been monsters to not only humans but others of their kind before as well.

I mean, this is wartime, not exactly the best time to try to get everything to go your way and fight a battle on several fronts, and it's the wolves that the humans are worried about. There are already feline keidran in this town who are free and run a family business. It's not really that unheard of for the human and feline races to become allies, the wolves aren't exactly being friendly towards the felines right now either.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#13 Post by Bellhead »

Did it strike anyone else that Bucky's speech is so formal and noble, while Brahn's is more.. blue collar? Even with his "No more feline hunting" spiel, he sounds like he's not really trying to make them feel comfortable. He's speaking their language, but makes little to no effort to match their mannerisms.
Point: he could have tried harder.

Also, with what everyone's been saying about how this could drive a wedge between the Keidran races, I do hereby call that Brahn is wearing a Mask. Or rather, that a Mask is posessing Brahn. Possibly Order.

ALSO:
Tom, on Twitter, wrote:Also, some weirdo with red hair just showed up today.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Lightice
Citizen

#14 Post by Lightice »

Tendo wrote: Geez, people really REALLY refuse to believe the humans in this story can be anything other than complete untrustable monsters don't they? And it's not like the keidran haven't been monsters to not only humans but others of their kind before as well.
Not humans in general, but Templars. The last time they "allied" with a non-human race, it was to enslave them from within. That's a kind of bad precedent for future endeavours in the same field.

Taxouckk
New Citizen

#15 Post by Taxouckk »

Is Trace really the only main character appearing on this picture to not know keidran?
Somehow I consider this funny.