Comic for Thursday, March 18th, 2016

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Razmoudah
Merchant

Re: Comic for Thursday, March 18th, 2016

#31 Post by Razmoudah »

Kaz wrote:
amenon wrote: Humans aren't categorically monsters, but Trace is. Anyone he trusted with power is incredibly suspect.
Well, as far as we can tell, humans keidran people like Euchre aren't exactly suspect. We can't just assume everyone Trace appoints is inherently evil, although he is. Look at Sirus, even. True, we don't know his intentions, but he has (so far) only been an aid to the protagonists.

However, if Sirus were truly evil/monstrous, why would he go against most everything the Templar stand for (ie, the entire "keidran are lesser beings and should be enslaved" POV) by risking his neck bringing Trace and Flora together? Similarly, why would he indirectly challenge one of the world's Minor Gods and potentially put one of his esteemed colleagues in jeopardy if he was actually a monster as Trace was?
Power. Evil is primarily about personal power. If he felt that was the path to power then he'd follow it, even if it did good in the world along the way, just for the power if he was evil.
Hmmm......about what I expected when almost half of the questions I'd want to select a few of the answers not a specific one.

ImageImageImageImage

Warrl
Grand Templar

#32 Post by Warrl »

Tendo wrote:Geez, people really REALLY refuse to believe the humans in this story can be anything other than complete untrustable monsters don't they?
Non-monster humans, I don't have a problem with. Heck, Kei is trying really hard to not be a monster... and for the most part he's managing to be no worse than a jerk.

Non-monster politicians, though...

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#33 Post by Bellhead »

Warrl wrote:Non-monster politicians, though...
Yeah, those are a rare and neigh extinct species.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#34 Post by kiabugboy »

amenon wrote:
RevZ wrote:Last panel. All the other trees in the surrounding area are green, so that stuff definitely isn't a tree.. houses on weirdly drawn fire?
Is tree. Some trees different than other trees. See?
Yeah, looks like an orange tree to me.
But, now that i look at the comic again, there's smoke coming out from the distance in the fourth panel.
Could that be the wolves starting their attack from the far side of the town? Or is it just the fire left from seraphina's fight?

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#35 Post by SirJahar »

Bellhead wrote:
Warrl wrote:Non-monster politicians, though...
Yeah, those are a rare and neigh extinct species.
Which is sad. I'd almost rather be ruled over by an actual monster that many of the people in power today.

Back on topic: I think the fire is from Serra going nuts earlier.

Bojack727
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: King Adelaide

#36 Post by Bojack727 »

My favorite part in this has to be Sealeen- standing there, smiling radiantly and clapping. To see someone with that degree of genuine optimism, totally unspoiled by cynicism... It's actually kind of adorable (as if my SeeLynn bias wasn't enough) to see someone who's a true believer for once.

Mionikoi
Apprentice

#37 Post by Mionikoi »

Let the Chaos begin.
I LOVE WAFFLES! : D

Napoleon
Citizen

#38 Post by Napoleon »

I really am remorseful for missing the first day, because this panel hit me lie a slap on the face. What i think is most interesting is, how many are going to oppose this new ordinance, if the seer even has the authority to proclaim such a ban. I could imagine a situation like in the south, where many, for economic and cultural reasons, oppose the central government, and begin to increase the problems in the Human empire even more than before.

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#39 Post by Sage Asuka »

Things that just dawned on me...Kei is really kinda tall when compared to the rest of the cast.

Also that smoke in the background is totally the 'wolves' hinted at earlier. I bet that claim Kei brushed off as just kids is real this time.
Image Image Image Image

ToastWithJam
New Citizen

#40 Post by ToastWithJam »

Sage Asuka wrote:Things that just dawned on me...Kei is really kinda tall when compared to the rest of the cast.

Also that smoke in the background is totally the 'wolves' hinted at earlier. I bet that claim Kei brushed off as just kids is real this time.
According to a sketched height chart of Reni vs. Nora, Kei is 6'6".

That makes him one inch taller than Zen and the second-tallest biped in the entire comic.

Mionikoi
Apprentice

#41 Post by Mionikoi »

ToastWithJam wrote:
Sage Asuka wrote:Things that just dawned on me...Kei is really kinda tall when compared to the rest of the cast.

That makes him one inch taller than Zen and the second-tallest biped in the entire comic.
Heh heh. I was about to say Euchre was but he is 6'4" : P Wow. That was a surprise. So is Maeve the shortest or is Maddie right now? : /

ToastWithJam
New Citizen

#42 Post by ToastWithJam »

Mionikoi wrote:
ToastWithJam wrote:

Heh heh. I was about to say Euchre was but he is 6'4" : P Wow. That was a surprise. So is Maeve the shortest or is Maddie right now? : /
We don't have a definitive height for them but given that Maeve is both the youngest cast member and is small enough to be carried by Flora, i'd say she's the shortest.

On a side note, Euchre being 6'4" means that Rose is also 6'4" (Chapter 16 showed them at the same height). Never would've thought she would be taller than Natani (although it does make sense, as Natani mentioned that 6'3" is actually short for a Wolf Keidran a long time ago).

amenon
Grand Templar

#43 Post by amenon »

ToastWithJam wrote:On a side note, Euchre being 6'4" means that Rose is also 6'4" (Chapter 16 showed them at the same height). Never would've thought she would be taller than Natani (although it does make sense, as Natani mentioned that 6'3" is actually short for a Wolf Keidran a long time ago).
True, come to think of it. [2007-03-21]

... now I'm kinda wondering about Sythe, because I've never thought him to be all that tall. I'm probably wrong about that, huh?
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Mionikoi
Apprentice

#44 Post by Mionikoi »

amenon wrote:
ToastWithJam wrote:On a side note, Euchre being 6'4" means that Rose is also 6'4" (Chapter 16 showed them at the same height). Never would've thought she would be taller than Natani (although it does make sense, as Natani mentioned that 6'3" is actually short for a Wolf Keidran a long time ago).

... now I'm kinda wondering about Sythe, because I've never thought him to be all that tall. I'm probably wrong about that, huh?
I'm not quite sure..... *was looking at 'The Dragon's Masquerade'* Rose doesn't look all that taller than Natani. I think Euchre may have grown a bit maybe? : / That is, if Natani wasn't slightly bent when she was behind Rose. And then again, Rose and Saria are the same height in that comic... >.> Inconsistencies?

ToastWithJam
New Citizen

#45 Post by ToastWithJam »

Mionikoi wrote:
amenon wrote:

I'm not quite sure..... *was looking at 'The Dragon's Masquerade'* Rose doesn't look all that taller than Natani. I think Euchre may have grown a bit maybe? : / That is, if Natani wasn't slightly bent when she was behind Rose. And then again, Rose and Saria are the same height in that comic... >.> Inconsistencies?
Inconsistencies are likely to happen considering it's both a separate storyline from TK and takes place in a different time. People are known to "shrink" a bit as they enter old age so it's possible that the same happened to Rose.

Given what we know of Wolf Keidran biology it's likely that at her prime Rose was roughly equal to Euchre, or at least present-day Natani.