Comic page for Friday, October 23, 2015

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Commander-Strife
New Citizen

Re: Comic page for Friday, October 23, 2015

#31 Post by Commander-Strife »

realistically, due to the potion creating a cloud, I have a feeling that sight literally means completely nothing when it comes to how effective it is.
Love potions aren't really "sigh-based in any fiction. It's usually highly concentrated pheromones, or even a liquid/gas that absorbs into the skin, and causes the body to produce more Oxytocin, which is commonly referred to as the "Love Hormone" or the "Cuddle Hormone"

Honestly Lynn seems to be the type of person that doesn't show emotion often, so as to not give away her true intentions. It's impossible to read someone who makes the same poker face ALL THE TIME. But for once, we JUST saw Lynn smile, so... suffice it to say, Lynn's affected by the potion alright.

It's just matter on the next page/couple of pages to determine just how effective Sealean's potion was, if she knows the weaknesses of Basitins TRUELY, then Lynn's going to be wearing those pink shaded glasses for a bit.

But Lynn's not going to do the whole "advances" thing I feel. Lynn's withdrawn, smart, a person who thinks their next move out four moves before they make it. That one... they think where you're going to step 2 steps beforehand, that's the kind of person you send to safeguard and help a "diplomatic ambassador" whom is valued fairly highly if King Adelaide is serious about the whole "one day, we'll come to you" as in an army coming at Keith's need of it.

Lynn will probly just be super romantic. If her potion is as effective as she thought it would be, she's gonna have a date on her hands.

But who knows. I really can't wait to see the next comic page :D

Lynn being all smitten has me giggling like a giddy child.
Outer Space is annoying. Wormholes are worse.

Deviantart

MeaCulpa, S.C.M.
The Last Gunslinger

#32 Post by MeaCulpa, S.C.M. »

CALLED IT
VERY, GOOD

kdragonk
Apprentice

#33 Post by kdragonk »

And I thought Lynn has a secret scale fetish (he may still have).
That love potion turned out to be semi-effective from a tactical view, because Lynn just used his sudden and deep feelings towards Sea to his advantage.
The ships are ready to set sail!
ImageImage

Diabolicon
Citizen

#34 Post by Diabolicon »

TinyVoices wrote:This is becoming one hell of a scene for Kai to show up to.

"What's going on? Why the explosions? Wait, why are you all kissing? Now I'm more confused."
Kai:"Why is that lizard girl tearing what little she's wearing of....*covers eyes* "That Poor bastian [censored]"
:flora: : "KEITH?! What about NATANI?!"
:keith: : "GET OFF OF ME! Bad touch! BAD Touch!!HELLLP I NEED AN ADULT!!!"

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#35 Post by primalcaller ergos »

I guess maybe she should have done more research on basitins..... or maybe she just used a wrong ingredient and didn't notice when making it?
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

Thallium
Templar

#36 Post by Thallium »

Come on guys, this is all clearly a ploy on Lynn's part. He's been in 23 comic pages so far and never once has he ever indicated to "not being able to see very well". In fact in some of the more recent pages (read: http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=877 http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=878 http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=879) he gives the impression that he can see perfectly well. It's all a ploy I tell ya!
Image Image

What I cannot create, I do not understand.
The imagination of nature is far, far greater than the imagination of man.

kdragonk
Apprentice

#37 Post by kdragonk »

After rereading the page a couple of times I noticed that Sea is directly asking Lynn about the success of the potion.
I get the feeling that she is not full aware that love does not mean mind control. I don't think that informing someone under the influance of an effect (that's power is somewhat unknown even to you) about that effect is a smart move, it could enable them to just "shrug it off".
ImageImage

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#38 Post by BadFoMo »

I'm going to go with what almost everyone else is saying and believe that Lynn was somewhat affected by the love potion (now if only it weren't a fake love I might be able to guiltlessly get on board with this ship).

Either that, or those Mana Stones or Magic eyeballs or jewelry (whatever) on his necklace and hat allow him to scan and/or register individuals for something and this was the best excuse you could come up with in order to get close enough to do so.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

GyroFox
Apprentice

#39 Post by GyroFox »

I think Lynn is playing with magic and might have some kinda creepy curse going on or something. :? :keith: :nora:

:potatoes: :potatoes: :natani: :potatoes: :potatoes:

Don't be silly, bullying sucks 8)

commodorejohn

#40 Post by commodorejohn »

bejoja wrote:Welp, time for a new ship to set sail, leaving port in... 20 minutes ago.
Yep, as of now I'm officially shipping these two :D

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#41 Post by ZeroJinKui »

if this were an anime, lynn would take 30 minutes to explain exactly why that potion didn't work, revealing all of his weaknesses, and then act surprised when they are used against him.

i am honestly curious as to why it didn't work, though... and i wonder what lynn will do next?

i have one of two hopes here... she either falls for lynn eventually and we get another cute relationship in the group... or she, along with her two friends, get horribly mutilated and die in a fire. :twisted:
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

Zenhii

#42 Post by Zenhii »

Hmm, Lynn is leaning in very close, close enough to breath a mouthful of love-potion gas right into Sealeens face 8)

GyroFox
Apprentice

#43 Post by GyroFox »

Zenhii wrote:Hmm, Lynn is leaning in very close, close enough to breath a mouthful of love-potion gas right into Sealeens face 8)
Too close, pretty much XD Lynn needs to relax :nora:

:potatoes: :potatoes: :natani: :potatoes: :potatoes:

Don't be silly, bullying sucks 8)

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#44 Post by Insomniac »

This may've been mentioned already, I don't venture much out of a few other boards here anymore, but...Anyone else getting an "Azula and her less crazy friends" vibe from the half lizard fire lady and her less crazy friends?
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

steelabjur
Council Member

#45 Post by steelabjur »

What if it is one of those "love with the first person you see" type love potions? Lynn's poor eyesight would explain why Lynn wasn't effected, but now he has moved close to get a good look at her...