Comic for September 23, 2015

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

amenon
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for September 23, 2015

#16 Post by amenon »

The Rookie wrote:I always enjoyed reading more about Kat's character. I mean she's honestly one of the more caring and kind characters in the comic, and I'm always happy to learn more about her.
Very much so, yes. I've liked her since this (2006-12-29). That was when her character clicked for me.
The Rookie wrote:This however I didn't see coming. I mean there's plenty of sketches and drawings over the years that have done more than just hint at it, but I never took those seriously.
Okay, what've you got :P

(Seriously, I can't really think of anything except this and its redo, offhand.)
aitaituo wrote:So, is Kat really interested in Natani or is this because she was rejected by Eric and Natani is the only other one around who's ever treated Kat like a person?
And also perhaps that Natani is a very safe object for her affections, on account of being both perceived to be unavailable ("I know you and Keith have a... thing going on.") and unconscious.

I think she has more of a sibling relationship with Mike and Evals. (See this dig [2010-09-15]). And maybe she ships them, as anyone should :P (2009-02-04)

For state-of-the-art in the world of shipping, I actually recently managed to accidentally find myself a Kat/Maddie ship. (Do note that they've never actually interacted on page S:P)
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

SteadyEddy

#17 Post by SteadyEddy »

Kat confirmed for being into guys.
The Rookie wrote:
aitaituo wrote:So, is Kat really interested in Natani or is this because she was rejected by Eric and Natani is the only other one around who's ever treated Kat like a person?
Now that I think about it, that's pretty much the truth of it. As depressing as it is, aside from a maybe one conversation with Mike, we haven't really seen her spoken to as an equal. Usually she's ignored as a servant or treated like an air headed hussy. Poor lass....
I do hope she isn't in some kind of rebound, for her sake. I don't believe Eric was ever even aware of her affection towards her, or at least it was never confronted. Oh, and her character design has changed beautifully.

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#18 Post by FrogSteaks »

Woohoo Finally the Kat came back, not quite the very next day. and Natani's not a goner!

Methinks that there may be another round of girl talk between these two before long. Now that I think about it though, I feel someone is gonna hear all the commotion and walk in to see the ear biting.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

gertok9
Master

#19 Post by gertok9 »

Funny how Tom said he doesn't get to draw her often anymore then draws her a few days later. Perchance we shall see a flashback in Natani's dream of Laura, another character Tom recently said he never gets to draw anymore
Unofficial editor/proofreader of Twokinds
How triggered are you right now?

Cycloneblaze

#20 Post by Cycloneblaze »

The art is getting to be god-tier recently, especially here. Kat looks so good. And this was rushed! :heart:

crystal6tak

#21 Post by crystal6tak »

Given the likeliness for group A and B to meetup and Natani's status as taken, Kat might instead go for Zen.

Kat and Zen...i'm shippin it.

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#22 Post by ZeroJinKui »

really?

hitting on someone's girlfriend while she is on death's doorstep?

you... SLUT!

she deserves to have her ear nearly torn off... i despise people who don't respect the love and loyalty between others, and those who aren't loyal, themselves.

good to see that natani is still alive and thinking of keith, though... i hope we get to see her and keith happy and together again before too long.
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#23 Post by primalcaller ergos »

You would not beleive how often my dog does that to my ear..... although I dont put my head anywhere near her mouth that often.

So does mean Kathrin is Bisexual and/or Pansexual?..... that would be really interesting to hear.
Whatever happens though I highly hope the two of them stay at least really good friends. That "girl talk" they had is one of my favorite parts in the entire comic so far. :heart:

Also the part I like the most about this here, is of couse..... THIS MEANS NATANI IS NOT DEAD! :) :grin: :D I was genuinely worried there for a while.

So for now, I am just so happy to know this.
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#24 Post by avwolf »

amenon wrote:For state-of-the-art in the world of shipping, I actually recently managed to accidentally find myself a Kat/Maddie ship. (Do note that they've never actually interacted on page S:P)
So that's what you've been up to. Can't say I disapprove, having idly once considered writing a Nat/Maddie scene. Kat and Madelyn would be a ton of playful trouble; Natani's far too serious for Madelyn.

I hope this is just the beginning of the unconscious girl talks. Though now I'm worried (well, not that worried) that Kat is authentically going to Nightingale Syndrome Natani. I've noted before that Natani stands for a lot of the things that Kat's fantasized about. Natani's lived the life of gallantry and adventure that Kat's read about. They mirror one another; each being something that the other is envious of. Now Kat goes to further explore her role of helping Natani in the little ways that she can. It's hardly a surprise that Kat feels some intimacy between them, considering that they have had a certain amount of emotional intimacy (and even physical intimacy as far as Natani is concerned, since she doesn't want anyone to see her body). Coupled with needing to reject Eric as a romantic interest, I believe that Kat's looking more for reassurance and purpose than any kind of romance.

And of course, the ear biting is, as always, adorable. That Natani! :D~

A further note: if Natani can bite like this, she can presumably eat and drink (at least after a fashion), which makes taking care of her dramatically easier. Unless this is new and she's just coming further and further out of her fugue state.

kdragonk
Apprentice

#25 Post by kdragonk »

Looks like that my theory about Natani only needing some time to recover from the shackle's counterspell is getting stronger, which is good.
Also, it's nice to see Kat looking after Natani.
ImageImage

HerrIrish
New Citizen

#26 Post by HerrIrish »

Is the heart on Kat's apron a representation of her love for Eric or something?
It was fully stitched here: http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=623
It is starting to come undone after the whole 'like a sister' thing here: http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=665 progressively getting more and more undone.
And now it's gone.
Eh, I've seen worse.

Check out my DA page - but only if you feel like it.

gertok9
Master

#27 Post by gertok9 »

HerrIrish wrote:Is the heart on Kat's apron a representation of her love for Eric or something?
It was fully stitched here: http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=623
It is starting to come undone after the whole 'like a sister' thing here: http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=665 progressively getting more and more undone.
And now it's gone.
That might be exactly what Tom was going for
Unofficial editor/proofreader of Twokinds
How triggered are you right now?

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#28 Post by BadFoMo »

amenon wrote:This also again suggests that either Natani hadn't been making noises before this (2015-03-04), or Keith hadn't been paying attention. I don't like either option.
Speaking of Natani making noises, should we be concerned that the only word she's said so far is Keith's name?
amenon wrote:Did not expect a page this week after the con poster went up, so this was a very nice surprise. Thank you, Tom!
Me neither, and this is apparently what a rush job which gives you very little sleep looks like? It looks like any other page. Tom, for not having as much time as you usually do, you still did a great job!
amenon wrote:For state-of-the-art in the world of shipping, I actually recently managed to accidentally find myself a Kat/Maddie ship. (Do note that they've never actually interacted on page S:P)
I have something similar to that in my list of things to suggest if Tom ever asks for ideas for things to draw, only difference was mine has Kathrin acting motherly towards Maddie/comforting her, perhaps as an orphaned child.
crystal6tak wrote:Given the likeliness for group A and B to meetup and Natani's status as taken, Kat might instead go for Zen.
Kat and Zen...i'm shippin it.
As do I.
On today's page, Kathrin wrote:I know you and Keith have a… thing going on. But I want you to know I'm here for you as well. And… if things ever change, m-maybe… I mean… If you were ever interested, I… I might…
I see the thing most people got from this was her trying to hit on Natani if Keith ever abandons her like Eric did Kathrin, and this is probably my weirder half speaking, but I have two scenarios for what else she might be talking about.

Scenario 1:
She wants to team up with the both of them. "I… I might… become your apprentice. Please teach me the ways of the assassin. Show me how to sneak up on my enemies and take their lives in an instant. I've always dreamed of the life of adventures which you both lead.".

Scenario 2:
Having been informed of the possibility of hybrid children and the (ever so slim but still there) possibility of Natani changing her mind, she's asking if she can be the child's godmother.

As much as I would like to see Scenario 2 unfold, I think Scenario 1 is the more likely of the two.

P.S. We have a small message at the bottom of the page.
I'm currently away at awa-con! Click here for details!
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Kaz
Master

#29 Post by Kaz »

Is it just me, or is Natani's fur color returning back to normal?

It looks a lot less grey since his little ... episode.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#30 Post by Bellhead »

BadFoMo wrote:Scenario 2:
Having been informed of the possibility of hybrid children and the (ever so slim but still there) possibility of Natani changing her mind, she's asking if she can be the child's godmother.
Interesting idea, I'll give you that. But note the blush and sweat beads in that panel, and the stuttering. It may very wel simply be her not really knowing what to say and stammering over the words.

I think she just wants a personal connection to someone. Anyone. Eric effectively just shoved her to arm's length, Flora and her never really clicked, The other slaves obviously didn't agree with her thing with Eric.. Natani has been the only one in-comic who has talked to her as a person, and let her open her heart in a way she may never have before. She (presumeably) had never experienced something like what Eric had done to her, and likely never had anything that close to a heartbreak before. That one heart-to-heart she had with Nat probably eased her mind more than anything in her whole life. It would stand to reason that she would feel some sort of connection between herself and the one she shared such a personal matter with.

Now, along with that connection, she of course would like more of it; beyond the simple heart-to-heart she's already had. However she knows how much Nat cares about Keith, and how much they need each other, so she wouldn't dare separate them. She's not that selfish, she never has been, and likely never will be. As such, I see "I.. I might.." to be more along the lines of "the sister I never had" kind of love.

So yeah, she loves Nat, and she's starting to open up about it, but no matter how close they get, she'd never go between him and Keith, she would just be there. Heck yeah she wants Nat, if only for somebody to talk to, but she won't take him for herself. Not now, not ever. For the forseeable future, she'll just settle with talking, and be happy for him.

End of rant.

EDIT:
Kaz is right. Nat isn't as pale as he was before.. Along those lines, does everyone remember what happened immediately after Keith's ear got bit? Natani woke up.

Also worth noting, while it's on my mind, the detail on Kat in panel 3(?), just below Natani. Her ears are visably drooping with the sight of Natani on his deathbed. That's attention to detail right there.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.