Trace was a member of the Dragon Cult

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

xangreigor

Trace was a member of the Dragon Cult

#1 Post by xangreigor »

First off, hello to everyone. I'm not active on the forums and won't be but I've been reading TwoKinds nearly from the start :)

Now, straight to the subject. I didn't scour the forums to check for any other similar posts but... Trace has those blue triangles on his left cheek.
In the latest chapter we can clearly see the blue haired girl also has it. Two in fact. They don't look like scales compared to the fiery one charging at the moment :P
Can we say that the blue haired girl and the coffee drinker are also dragon worshipers?
And... do those blue marks appear during some process involved with higher levels of worship?

We know Trace has relation to the white dragon as well. Could have Trace in his past days been involved with this Dragon Cult on a higher level?

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Trace was a member of the Dragon Cult

#2 Post by aitaituo »

I have always wondered what the blue triangles mean. Hopefully, Keith asks.

amenon
Grand Templar

#3 Post by amenon »

aitaituo wrote:I have always wondered what the blue triangles mean. Hopefully, Keith asks.
There's only one answer to that question :P

On topic, I think that would be pretty surprising. It seems more the case to me that Nora is something of a Trace-worshipper, rather than the other way around. Facial tattoos on Templar have been seen before, but Sea's look different in that they're not delineated. Could just be a matter of art style, though.

The other two could be Adrakists, or not. I'm currently leaning not, but it's almost purely guesswork at this point.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Chris
Templar

#4 Post by Chris »

amenon wrote:It seems more the case to me that Nora is something of a Trace-worshipper, rather than the other way around.
But at the same time, Trace has always been in search of ways to improve his magic, and dragons are beings of magic, so Trace could've been attracted to such a path to get more magical power, too. Though I guess it depends on 1) how the dragons view these dragon cultists (do they approve of humans trying to become "full dragons"?), and 2) what the transformation actually accomplishes (do they actually become a dragon, with all that entails of dragonkind? is that even perhaps how new dragons are made?). We've seen other high-ranking Templar that do not have tatoos like these, so it doesn't seem to be a Templar-magic thing.
Facial tattoos on Templar have been seen before
True, but the Templar have connections to the dragons, and of course these cultists do have an interest in dragon magic, so it wouldn't be unreasonable for the Templar and dragon cults to cooperate, if not intermingle.

Commander-Strife
New Citizen

#5 Post by Commander-Strife »

Chris wrote:
amenon wrote:It seems more the case to me that Nora is something of a Trace-worshipper, rather than the other way around.
But at the same time, Trace has always been in search of ways to improve his magic, and dragons are beings of magic, so Trace could've been attracted to such a path to get more magical power, too. Though I guess it depends on 1) how the dragons view these dragon cultists (do they approve of humans trying to become "full dragons"?), and 2) what the transformation actually accomplishes (do they actually become a dragon, with all that entails of dragonkind? is that even perhaps how new dragons are made?). We've seen other high-ranking Templar that do not have tatoos like these, so it doesn't seem to be a Templar-magic thing.
Facial tattoos on Templar have been seen before
True, but the Templar have connections to the dragons, and of course these cultists do have an interest in dragon magic, so it wouldn't be unreasonable for the Templar and dragon cults to cooperate, if not intermingle.
After all, the more versions of Magic you have to study and compare notes about, the easier Magic itself will be easier to understand, and that's something the Templar would TOTALLY wanna do. To learn all they can about magic, so that they might possibly do some cool stuff with it they may not know about yet. :3
Outer Space is annoying. Wormholes are worse.

Deviantart

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#6 Post by primalcaller ergos »

Well this would explain why a lot of trace's magic looks draconic.

For example, his corrupted hand looks like a black dragon claw, and he did summon that giant black dragon Nora shot lightning breath at.
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me