Re: Voting Incentive for August 26, 2015

#2 Post by FrogSteaks »

Those sketches look pretty good, Tom, especially that backside view. :wink:
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

gertok9
Master

#3 Post by gertok9 »

FrogSteaks wrote:Those sketches look pretty good, Tom, especially that backside view. :wink:
Mmmmm, dat [censored]
Unofficial editor/proofreader of Twokinds
How triggered are you right now?

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#4 Post by Vintage »

gertok9 wrote:
FrogSteaks wrote:Those sketches look pretty good, Tom, especially that backside view. :wink:
Mmmmm, dat [censored]
Yes. :P Also, the fur color on her back is spectacular; it flows seamlessly.

That's a really awesome integration of dragon and human. Well done, Tom! Now what would :nora: think of this?
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#5 Post by FrogSteaks »

TheWMM wrote:Now what would :nora: think of this?
"Too much skin, not enough scales."
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

Warrl
Grand Templar

#6 Post by Warrl »

"She wants to throw away all that is special about being human, in order to become a fake dragon? How foolish! But I suppose the easiest way to help her become dragon would be by a process of digestion... if she becomes excessively annoying."

prototype99
Master

#7 Post by prototype99 »

I like warrl's idea XD also that booty! Mine's better though :twisted:
stop! look at these cute emotes! :flora: :kathrin: :natani: :nora: okay you may continue!

bejoja
New Citizen

#8 Post by bejoja »

How my day's gone so far:

*See's awesome concept art*
*Gets inspired to draw*
*Starts drawing*
*Fails miserably*

Welp, there goes my confidence xD
But yea, brilliant work Tom, keep it up!
(And of course, as others have mentioned, the booty is on point)

Warrl
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Warrl »

bejoja wrote:How my day's gone so far:

*See's awesome concept art*
*Gets inspired to draw*
*Starts drawing*
*Fails miserably*

Welp, there goes my confidence xD
But yea, brilliant work Tom, keep it up!
If you want to get good, spend ten minutes drawing every day, preferably three or four times a day. Doesn't matter what you draw. Just keep at it. Every day.

bejoja
New Citizen

#10 Post by bejoja »

Warrl wrote: If you want to get good, spend ten minutes drawing every day, preferably three or four times a day. Doesn't matter what you draw. Just keep at it. Every day.
Hmm, couldn't hurt to give it a try :)
Thanks

Commander-Strife
New Citizen

#11 Post by Commander-Strife »

bejoja wrote:
Warrl wrote: If you want to get good, spend ten minutes drawing every day, preferably three or four times a day. Doesn't matter what you draw. Just keep at it. Every day.
Hmm, couldn't hurt to give it a try :)
Thanks
Indeed!
I personally draw for 30 minutes every day of every week, or try to, but just keep at it man! You'll get good before you know it (literally because I personally find that others think my art looks decent, when I just kinda think it looks "meh" as my mind always looks at a thing I make and I'm like "It... it's not like how I imagined it. It can be better")

Just if you have difficulty, don't be discouraged, just look at how other artists do things and draw your own version, literally C:

Also I love this new character's everything. Looks so cool and great! :D
Outer Space is annoying. Wormholes are worse.

Deviantart

saphire_dragon_rider
Traveler

#12 Post by saphire_dragon_rider »

To gather a few things from other posters here, I agree, more scales, less skin. Someone mentioned fur, don't think it's quite that, more than likely bare skin. I can see her thought process being, "Dragons don't have fur, I don't want any either!"
gertok9 wrote:Mmmmm, dat [censored]
Indeed. I don't know if I would be able to keep my vows to my wife if I came across something like that in our world. Just saying. Whew... Nice work Tom.

I think Nora would have a general disregard for someone that was attempting to be a dragon, when they were anything but. Just because she can breathe fire does not mean she is a dragon. People at the circus can do that too. I would also have to believe that :nora: would be disappointed in this wannabe dragons behavior. Maybe I have a higher opinion of dragons and what they would deem acceptable in terms of behavior, but I would expect a bit more high brow or high class attitude from a dragon. Something like a certain aloofness from anything, or anyone, else that I don't have to deal with. :nora: played a little game on :mike: & :evals: on the boat for fun, but didn't really harm them. I see this new Merc as doing things just because she can and she revels in that kind of destruction and disruption.

I would almost, almost call her a worshiper of dragons that a similar temperament of Smaug from The Hobbit. But, that's just my take on dragons and how I picture them behaving/acquitting themselves.
Atra esterní ono thelduin. Mor'ranr lífa unin hjarta onr. Un du evarínya ono varda.

:nora:

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#13 Post by BadFoMo »

Warrl wrote:
"She wants to throw away all that is special about being human, in order to become a fake dragon? How foolish! But I suppose the easiest way to help her become dragon would be by a process of digestion... if she becomes excessively annoying."
Should I be concerned if I first misread digestion as some word that meant "making her quadruped and taking away the use of her arms as punishment"?

Also, my thoughts on what Lady Nora could say; "She willingly transformed her own body to look more like a Dragon? And there's a whole group of people who do this? Humans are weird, and that's why I love them.".

prototype99 wrote:I like warrl's idea XD also that booty! Mine's better though.
And that would be?

Now, with that out of the way. I've said it before and I shall say it again, I LOVE her design! Well, with the exception of the "gauntlet arms" she looks great.

I do have three questions though. The first being does this group that she belongs to have different ranks and/or divisions within it with one of the main ways of telling someone's rank/role within the group being these body alterations?

If true, who all would like to see a short comic about this character "ascending" from her Human form becoming closer with the great Dragons (assuming this comic showed the different parts of her body slowly turning from Human to what it is right now).

Does this group allow Keidran and Basitins in their ranks? Still assuming the first question is true, how would their alterations look in addition to their ears and fur?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!